Conker hack talk

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Empty Re: Conker hack talk

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 0:25

is there still that candy land area in your hack because if so why not put pop-tart cat in there!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image214

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 0:40

Also Seph I have an idea that I want you to try out. You know how there is that railing in the mario 64 castle indoors, try setting its property to that of a cliff such that if link/conker runs or pushes against it he will eventually jump off of it. This way you can fall down from the top level to a lower level. Or jump off the balcony so to speak.

Try this and see if it looks okay.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 1:11

Candyland was removed ages ago.

Can't add a jumping down railing in the castle because the tiles for it are within a tileset that don't have those tile properties. Besides there's nothing on the 2nd floor except that bowser note, so it's not worth it.

Floki

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 1:58

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Stargate_Z3v6572_0000

^^One painting size's reduced... and semi-done...

Will fix the top of the frame and align it properly to the entrance... and then five more paintings to go!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 3:53

Before:
Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image24

After:
Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image23

Some tiles are still incorrect ones, but they are barely noticeable so that area is acceptable enough in my eyes. Got so much of a headache figuring out all the tiles, so I'll leave it as such and proceed to the rest of the castle!

I really dare any romhackers to do a better job! I really do! Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 4:47

oh wow... much progress! Looks great!
As for the digable gound... can't you just specify the block type? Like 8 was water, 6 shallow water (I know this because I needed to turn the specific tiles into ice). Maybe this can be done via HM. Does Puzz know more? If not I think I surely can trace it and make an asm.

Red waterblocks would also look cool Wink
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 5:02

That's a very specific tile in HM, not a blocktype, so only one is digable... so I can't have both digable grass and sand without asm.

Red waterblocks it will be then. Only hope I can figure out how the palette changes work for those, I know I have notes for it somewhere.

^^Fixed the castle exterior palette and will probably add broken bridge graphics later on.

Three out of five castle areas done otherwise!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 6:00

I found out:

Code:

$9B/BDEF BF 00 20 7E LDA $7E2000,x[$7E:2D26] A:0000
$9B/BDF3 48          PHA                     A:02C8
$9B/BDF4 C9 34 00    CMP #$0034  

As you see, the desert tiles use 02C8 (in the accumulator), but only tiles labeled with 0034 are digable. If I manipulate the label to 0034, you can dig Very Happy

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Starga11

A simple hook to also dig on 02c8 and we're on Razz - here you go:
(note: it only makes normal sand digable. The house shadows e.g., not. If you wanna have more tiles, let me know. Also, I hope that HC pieces are digable in sand as well with this adjustment. needs to be checked.)
Attachments
Conker hack talk - Page 7 Attachment
6441_sanddig.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 14:44

Conn made suggestion to SePH and then helped implement it. Take notes erobrocks!

Nice to see the hack wrapping up nicely.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 15:10

Awesome work Conn!

The sand is currently using block 712 (02C8) in HM.

I've made a tile to replace the green ones (when you dig), its block 704 (02C0). In case you wanna improve your own hack further!

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image4

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 15:38

You mean instead the green one, tile 02C0 shall show up? Yes, can you send me the latest Rom where you already altered that tile?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 16:25

Yes! Will send it at once and change the starting exit so you start in the desert areas, will also add a shovel in the 1st room chests for easier testing!

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Stargate_Z3v6582_0002

^^Heaven painting area done!

Only one remaining castle area left!

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image15

Whole castle overview:

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image19

Will do the dark castle variation afterwards:

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image21

Razz

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 17:17

Ok, I await your Rom then. Tell me whether I shall change further grounds for digging as well, like the house shadows and or grounds in other areas.

Furthermore I also need to check space garden. I think it uses the same dig out tile. If it is green sourrounded, a second tile is needed here.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 18:12

ok, already hacked it and seems to work. I also noticed that you already have the green bordered tile for space digging. I made precautions that the space tile is still green.
Test it! Wink

Also I noticed that the gate shadow is digable, but the house shadows not. To ease the pain, maybe you can make the house shadows with the same tiles as the gate shadow?

Here you see how I dig the gate shadow (the house shadows one screen above are for some reasons not digable):

Conker hack talk - Page 7 6584_d10

Also do not forget to test whether the Heart Container piece dig up works Woot!!

Here's the new patch Very Happy
Attachments
Conker hack talk - Page 7 Attachment
6584dig.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 19:43

Alright awesome!

The reason why you can sometimes dig places where there are shadows and sometimes not is quite simple.

Some shadows are on the 2nd layer:

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image41

And others on the first layer:

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image43

It's not an issue otherwise so I'll leave as such.

I'll test the space digging areas later when I'm doing that overworld. There's also one more place with grass, it is the simpsons area. I'll probably made a custom digging tile for that area too eventually.

I'll probably start by finishing my desert area once I'm done with my dark castle variation...with the normal castle being officially finished!

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image39

^^Changed Ganon's painting as it was too big and gave it Ganon's Wind Waker pic instead for a more epic effect! Same sprite I used as the boss otherwise.

This is all really starting to look much epic! I'm much motivated finishing my overworlds this very months (guess you guys noticed that already)...and I know I've said that a million times, but july 2016 is the month I officially finish them for good! LOL

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 28 Jun 2016 - 22:44

''BEWARE THE LIZARD KING''

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Stargate_Z3v6598_0000

^^

''Toad, Yoshi, Mario & Luigi....Been looking forever for you guys! Guess this Bowser dude really doesn't fuck around! Game of Thrones style executions!''

Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 0:04

^ you did one dead head for each character. yes, thats the way it should be. that way its not a joke and its more serious.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 0:12

Also did you hear about the new matrix movies 4 and 5. apparently they are for real.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 1:13

^^Nope! But that will surely be interesting if real! As much as hearing Prison Break is going to be back this fall! Can't wait for this too!

As title of the video says! There was a major bug if you moved two screens up and came back. The graphics wouldn't load correctly. Had to do some palettes switching and fixing some tilesets for it to work correctly. I'm pretty sure Conn should remember this since he reported a while back, if not, well no big deal...it's fixed now!! Onto fixing the rest of the desert areas!!

Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 1:23

photo bucket isnt working so i made a video.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 1:52

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Cat-On-Couch
^^God damn photobucket and its maintenances!

Rupee sprites don't show up on overworlds, they only work in dungeons.

The runner sprite is already used. It's the white rabbit you need to follow in the beginning! There are no hallways in my castle where he would fit without running into walls. And I don't have space for sprites at all in the whole castle...due to the castle graphics being drawn in the spritesets.

The bowser painting area is very specific. It leads to Bowser after defeating Ganon, so don't think there's a need for a pit there. And in overworlds I don't have much events power compared to dungeons.

The star statue idea is pretty good. I'll see if I can cook something up. You are right on this one, that everyone who played LTTP will figure this one out pretty easily if they run into those hands.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 2:06

Watch the video. This is part 2.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 2:30

The grey frames ain't too bad, will probably leave as such, I've moved to other universes already and won't probably touch the castle ever again.

You can forget about the big one immediately, do you have any idea how many days it took Conn to get this right? Way too many man hours. Not going to go over all that stuff ever again. Really sorry and I'm sure Conn will more then agree too. He was very specific about it. It wouldn't work on the sun graphic either because of how it's made in HM.

See:

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image11

^^That's the first layer of the castle. The sun dial ain't even on it, so it's not going to work.

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image10

^^Thats the 2nd layer. Aka the ''On top'' layer. While the bat thing works only on the first layer. The reason why the sun dial is there and not the other layer is that it has some tiles in its tileset which you can't walk on. Same reason why I can't add a jumping railing from the second floor.

Conker hack talk - Page 7 Image7

^^Thats the only thing worth changing really...

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 3:19

ohem... well. you get an idea why I retire Razz

but we already moved the batcave and it worked... do you move it again?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 29 Jun 2016 - 4:12

Well you have to also note that you and conn had close conversations regarding this that I may not have been aware of. So I didn't know how complicated it was.

If it was possible to make it crash through the sun graphic then that would have been awesome, but if not then its okay as it is.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum