The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress

Post by TylerDurden on Thu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:51

Nice! I am looking forward for it!

TylerDurden
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2014-04-06

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Empty The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (Hack) Progress

Post by Darklink7884 on Thu 4 Jun 2020 - 20:12

The recently completed Ice Palace. Note that this palette was previously unused in the original A Link to the Past. I will be posting screenshots of new overworld areas here as I complete them.

The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Altti_30
The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Altti_31
The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Altti_32

On another note, I want to replace the Dark World dungeon music with the classic dungeon music from Zelda 1. Does anybody here have experience with music hacking? If so, PM me and I will give you credit for helping me with the music hacking.

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Fri 10 Jul 2020 - 20:54; edited 1 time in total

Darklink7884
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Empty The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (Hack) Progress

Post by Darklink7884 on Fri 12 Jun 2020 - 16:04

I made a MSU-1 soundpack for A Link to the Islands (formerly known as Lyra Islands). Download links for both the zip file and the official readme will be listed below:
Soundpack: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17RRUEMqEGZj2b6Tc?e=E6iyhP
Readme: https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17R9tHXyd6F3MMuKl?e=VTYSSo

BTW, the demo will be ready within' the next two weeks, and will only be released to rom hackers and beta testers. The naming screen needs to be fixed, and the somewhat buggy graphics need to be fixed before I release a public demo.

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Fri 10 Jul 2020 - 20:54; edited 1 time in total

Darklink7884
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darklink7884 on Thu 9 Jul 2020 - 15:35

Unfortunately, some new bugs made their way into Lyra Islands.
-Bombing left wall in Angry Brothers' House (room 245) does not create hole on other side (room 244).
-Buggy camera shake when Armos or Ganon pounds the ground.
-The lumberjack tree stump in Area 02 is broken/not working.
-The bird statue at Kakariko Village (Area 20) is broken/not working.
-Pulling on lever in the Watergate room (room 267) floods the entire room instead of just the corridor.
-Major scroll bug if after you defeat Ganon you fall off the platform and into the room below (room 0 to room 149). Use magic mirror to warp back to entrance if this happens to you.

I can't find the hex codes for the overworld overlays mentioned above. Also, while I'm at it, I want to implement a Zelda 1 Lost Woods-style combination puzzle in Area 3F (Infinity Beach). Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 18:16; edited 1 time in total

Darklink7884
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Lyra Islands (Hack) Progress - Page 4 Empty The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Islands (Hack) Beta Testing

Post by Darklink7884 on Mon 17 Aug 2020 - 0:20

Hey guys. I have some exciting news. Lyra Islands has a new name, "A Link to the Islands," and the new overworlds and dungeons are finally finished. As of now, it is ONLY available to rom hackers and beta testers because there are still some bugs that I need to fix, in addition to implementing new ASM hacks, before I can officially release it to the public. Keep in mind, though, that the overworld graphics are bugged like hell, and therefore, not all houses, caves, and dungeons are easily accessible. See the included readme to find out what else needs to be fixed. Here's the download link for Lyra Islands 2.0 beta.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRljetTFw5Ogd6U?e=35eJpZ

Note: You must patch to a US rom with no header. You need a UPS patcher.

Last edited by Darklink7884 on Sat 12 Sep 2020 - 18:16; edited 1 time in total

Darklink7884
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum