Broken Downloads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broken Downloads

Post by Trovsky on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:08

Recently, I noticed broken links in the tools threads, documentation threads, etc. I recommend making it a rule to have multiple links (mirrors) for the same download in case one download goes down. In a perfect world, having a database to store all the documentation would be ideal, but it is not realistic unless someone wants to dedicate the time to setup a database. So what does everyone think about having mandatory "mirrors"?

Trovsky
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Broken Downloads

Post by Conn on Thu 19 Jan 2017 - 5:06

Nice idea, in any case, but I have multiple files and low motivation to go for that effort. zeldalegends.net is a very reliable mirror and I am also around frequently to support with my HD backup if anythng goes wrong.

If one offers a cloud space and backup all stuff there is a nifty idea in any case however.
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 19 Jan 2017 - 9:09

Conn wrote:Nice idea, in any case, but I have multiple files and low motivation to go for that effort. zeldalegends.net is a very reliable mirror and I am also around frequently to support with my HD backup if anythng goes wrong.

If one offers a cloud space and backup all stuff there is a nifty idea in any case however.

I've been uploading content to bwass.org/bucket like so https://www.zeldix.net/t1254-zelda-3-sprite-editor

Probably should be a rule on uploading to sites where the uploader cannot remove the content because the uploader could possibly delete their content by accident or on purpose (Puzzledude and MathOnNapkins respectively).

Trovsky
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum