Dark Prophecy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dark Prophecy

Post by SePH on Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 7:43

I wanted to announce I have picked this project up and will complete it. I have received approval by the original author over e-mails (Omega45889) last july and will now begin my fun retirement task! :-)

For those that don't know this is an abandoned hack of Zelda 3 that was being in the works at the same time as Parallel Worlds back in 2004-2006. A hack by Omega45889, Dude Man, MathOnNapkins and Bit-Blade, that I've also ironically worked on (changing overworld graphics and adding bit-blade's, and made that title screen).

The main reason it was never released was because the overworlds, dungeons and title screen were all in separates roms and it was proving to be difficult to merge it all in 2006. Now with today's knowledge I have full confidence in achieving my dream goal to one day finish this hack.

https://www.zeldix.net/t420-the-legend-of-zelda-dark-prophecy

I don't have much to show for now.

What's Done:

-started a new hack from scratch,
-added the title screen,
-added the overworld graphics,
-copied the 16x16 and 32x32 overworld blocks data from the dp overworlds rom

Stuff to do:

-re-organize overworld screens layout
-copy overworld from dp to my own rom
-copy dungeons over with serializer tool or xaser's
-add the story from the monologue dump
-add overworld sprites, entrances/exits
-implement mathonapkins asm hacks specific for this hack
-beta testing, bugs fixing etc...

Help needed:

-nothing for now, once I am at the point of porting the dungeons over I may need some help :-)

Small Triforce Thanks Everyone! Small Triforce

SePH

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Prophecy

Post by Puzzledude on Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 12:27

What. This is great. I can't believe this.
I have to say, I think this type of the hack/game is actually easier to edit than Conker, since it is much more on-par with original. And I've seen it through HM and a lot is done already. Definitely easier for you to work with this than from scratch.

I hope you finish this one too. Retirement will just have to wait a little longer. I think we are not to old yet, before finishing some more hacks - but in the end it is retirement.

Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Somaria on Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 14:58

Awesome to see you doing another hack. Can't wait for the finished game.
Somaria
Newcomer

Since : 2016-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE on Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 22:56

H-O-L-Y S-H-*-* !!!

My dreams will come true Smile
Unbelievable that i may witness this!

XaserLE

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH on Sun 12 Mar 2017 - 23:07

@Puzz: I don't believe there's really a retirement to something you love doing. In the end all things are better with moderation!

This hack is the perfect candidate for that since like you said, a lot is done already, it is a matter of pulling all the pieces back together and then maybe expend it/finish it.

Thanks Somaria and Xaser. I know know a lot of people who are fond of that hack.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Mon 13 Mar 2017 - 0:22

I don't believe there's really a retirement to something you love doing.
Nice. Modders who can make ALttP overworlds are very rare and when you first announced your retirement some time ago, it was somewhat sad news. Good thing this all changed and what better game to pick up than this one.

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH on Mon 13 Mar 2017 - 0:28

Well I still have a couple of things left to do.

-Probably update Conker a final time (might take some time since a lot of changes coming). I am considering making it a 2.0 version of sorts.

-Dark Prophecy (could be a matter of months, I won't spend eight years on this lol)

-another unnamed project, that one i dont wanna get credited (its not my hack) and im just helping out from time to time

I can't say I'll retire after that, I may end up like Googie and still hack in my forties, who knows.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by moegami on Mon 13 Mar 2017 - 2:18

You can't run away from Link to the Past SePH, the game owns you now.

Besides, you're like a single handed rom hacking god around here considering most released Zelda 3 hacks include your major influence.

Congratulations on starting this project up though, I'm excited to see what you'll do with a traditional zelda again Razz
moegami

Since : 2013-07-05

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH on Mon 13 Mar 2017 - 6:33

Thank you moegami-san, I am happy to be working on a traditional Zelda again for sure!

Will see how far I can go with this project.

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by Hylian_Lord on Tue 14 Mar 2017 - 4:01

Hey Seph That Is Really Great News I've Been Anxiously Awaiting For This To Be Brought Back From The Dead Archives It Sounds Like A Good Zelda Rom Hack To Enjoy And Play Hope Your Work On It Makes It Really Fun Can't Wait, I Loved Goddess Of Wisdom

From Christopher Razz

Hylian_Lord
Newcomer

Since : 2014-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SePH on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 3:03

My first step in my next odyssey was to map out what we have, what was accomplished and what needs to be finished:

I'm considering modifying some areas of the overworld along changing some graphics for greater variety. I have no idea yet what will be the missing areas.

Going to be a fun adventure!

SePH

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 12:50

I remember these maps, however in my version it had no new gfx. Looks promising.

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hylian_Lord on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 7:53

Loving The New Map Overworld And Dark World Layouts SEPH Can't Simply Await To Play Dark Prophecy I Completely Love Zelda Hacks.

Hylian_Lord
Newcomer

Since : 2014-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Googie on Sun 19 Mar 2017 - 0:58

It's always a great thing to see hacks that were never completed, I finished a few myself over the years. Like SMB Challenge from Challenge Games and Donkey Kong 2, a Nuts and Milk hack for example. I wish more people can pick up unfinished hacks. Smile

Good luck with this project.
Googie

Since : 2013-07-06

http://www.googietoons.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Linkmon99 on Sat 6 May 2017 - 6:37

Just wanted to say that it looks great and I can't wait to try it out, good luck!
Linkmon99

Since : 2015-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelbelntz on Mon 15 May 2017 - 3:30

Amazing news!! Very Happy

samuelbelntz

Since : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneylives on Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 14:51

Here's another person looking forward to seeing your work!

rodneylives
Newcomer

Since : 2017-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Fri 2 Jun 2017 - 17:13

Just wanted to inform everyone, that the initial post was written in march and it is june now. Lot's has changed. As far as I know SePH is off the grid and quit romhacking.

I know he was first talking about retirement, then changed his mind when he opened this topic and then changed his mind again (apparently) after his trip to Cuba.

So bare in mind that you might not see this project done and that it might not be in progress. Which again does not mean he might miss the job and change his mind again, or someone else picks the game up.

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum