RHDN down?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RHDN down? Empty RHDN down?

Post by Euclid on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 2:52

don't know about you but rhdn has been down last few days. So technically no place to grab conker at the moment.

Theres a rumor going around saying gone for good, anyone heard anything different?

Didn't think conkers release did that much damage lol.
Euclid
Euclid

RHDN down? Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

RHDN down? Empty Re: RHDN down?

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 6:01

Uhoh, it's down forever:
https://twitter.com/Romhacking_net

Nintendo has threatened us with legal action and we can no longer host anything related to their IPs.

Anything Nintendo related would need to be purged, and it is senseless to continue under those conditions.

We will not be releasing an archive. It is not worth the risk.

With bad luck zeldix and bszelda are next Sad

I do not think it's Conker's fault - they'd have taken us down first. I think it's the fault of BotW. I remember when mario maker came out they C&D all youtube channels with Lunar Magic. I hope smwcentral will survive!

Off-Topic:
Just got this bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4626piMhW8Y
I'll look into it for 1.2
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 7:11

Back to acmlm's!

Hang on my account there's gone >_<

EDIT: retired for good then!

Double Edit: that twitter account joined Jan 2017, very much doubt it's an official one given how busy the staff is around there. Wish Math will come to this board and tell us stuff.
Euclid
Euclid

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:38

I knew this would happen eventually. Sad

I wish they still had the board. There goes over 10 years of ROM hacking history down the drain.

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:41

You might as well make this a closed community or at the very least move to an onion domain.

For what it's worth, zebucket is still up and has most a lot of the files: http://bwass.org/bucket/

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:47

But... if we'd make it a closed community, how would we submit our projects and hacks to the fan base (and get feedback from them)?
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 16:53

We can't have a website if it's shutdown, can we? As for submitting projects, you can submit projects to other websites.

In the forum, we're like a family. With RHDN shut down, I feel like I lost a huge part of my life that I'll never get back. I don't want to lose Zeldix as well.

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 17:20

Somebody told.it is a fake Twitter account. And yes, the followers are quite few. Dunno. Let's see, what may come.

Euclid, do you have a hot wire to Mon to know if it's true?
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 17:49

Lephonis, RHDN staff, on RHDN's unofficial discord said the twitter account is lying. The site is just down and will be back up.

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 18:12

What a relief Very Happy
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 19:27

Erockbrox probably hired someone to crash down RHDN.

If you guys want me to lock down the forums at anytime, tell me and I'll do so Smile

Founder

RHDN down? Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 19:37

What's your opinion and plan on the erock matter actually, you kept yourself out of the discussion Razz

Since I was member of that forum when it was closed to public, I can understand both sides. It was calmer, and all were closer and more familiar. I'd bet the problems with puzzle, which costed him even his admin status hadn't occurred if we were still closed.

However, we reach much more people having it open. Our hacks can be much better widespread to fans, and this is why this site exists and we all work so hard for: for the fans!

Rhdn was false alarm so I do not see an urgent reason closing this site for the public
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 19:45

Conn wrote:What's your opinion and plan on the erock matter actually, you kept yourself out of the discussion Razz
I want to keep him banned for a while longer. I want him to be cured from his everyday Zeldix addiction. I don't think unbanning him now would be wise, yet I'm not saying this is the last we hear from him. I just think he needs to learn his lesson Smile

Puzz did far worst on rhdn when he threatened people and got banned over there, but in Nintendo eyes, Erock did worst.

So I'm thinking that if he eventually is able to join again, it will have to be under another pseudonym because ''Erockbrox'' is dead to me! :-P

Maybe something like ''Tworocbox'' or something, I dunno.

Founder

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 19:58

I honestly only skimmed or simply skipped through Erobrocks posts. I never found them worth my time at all.

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:02

The only thing about keeping him banned is that Conn inbox will be filled with love letters.

Hopefully after a month, I'll revisit his case, so it shouldn't be too long. Hang in there Conn!

Founder

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:15

*lol, I can understand your reasons. At his high phases, he posted 100 bugs/day (where 90% were nitpicking/worthless). I remember from my times when I was more active in hacking how bug reports can exhaust. At the end I didn't read his posts anymore, and admire your patience you had with him - nevertheless.

So yes, enjoy your Erockfree time, must feel like vacation Very Happy I hope you tell him your reasons (that he remains banned, not because you do not believe him, but so that he gets healed from his addiction, and you can regenerate from him as well Wink )
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:37

He finally decided to e-mail me:

Erockbrox wrote:Dear, Seph I cannot believe that I am having this conversation with you, but apparently I am. I have been a passionate zelda hacker for a long time, but something apparently happened.

I made a post saying some bad things. Why did I make this post? That's what I'm trying to figure out. It's hard to explain, but I did it. After I read this post and found out that I was banned from Zeldix I began to not just feel bad, but terrible for what I did. In fact the last few days have been some of the worst days that I have ever felt.

After realizing what I had posted I realized that basically betrayed everyone here. This is not something that I'm happy with. I'm sincerely sorry about what I said and I'm still trying to figure out why I said it. The game is not supposed to end like this. I was very passionate about the game all the way through. But what I did at the end was terrible and I wish to God that I could take it back.

I'm sure that I hurt you a lot when I made that post, but it was a stupid post that was never meant to be in the first place. What was I honestly thinking? It was as if I just took your game and ran away with it. Again, I have a very hard time explaining this. When you think about it, it literally is an insult. How could I be this type of person? I'm not normally like this. But I will say that I acted extremely disrespectful towards you and over what, a game?

Did this game somehow or the release of it somehow corrupt me and turn me into a terrible person? Quite possibly. I've been here for many years and poured a lot of heart into what I do. I still consider you as a friend and I hope by the grace of God that you can consider me as a friend too. Friends can always work things out and I would like to work things out with you.

I would rather have my friend back, you Seph than any game. I don't know why I made this illogical choice at the end to basically betray everyone, but this is not a choice that I am happy with and it has made me feel miserable. This is not the type of person who I am and does not represent me.

This whole mistake in the end is the worst thing to ever happen. People make mistakes and sometimes big ones too, but if you forgive me I will be exceptionally thankful.

I just don't want it to end like this on a sour note. After all these years, it should be a happy ending. Please don't let a mistake by me do this.

I also will not be putting the game on a cart. Never ever. Sometimes we can get carried away with ideas in our heads, but this game was NEVER designed to be put onto a cartridge nor sold.

I did make carts of my super mario logic hack, but I've never sold any of them. The only reason why I did my own personal release of my game is because it was the first game that I've ever made. And I didn't want some random cart maker doing this instead of me. They can always be given away as prizes or gifts to people and not actually sold keep in mind. I am not a cart maker as I only made my own game.

When I made that post I really did betray you ( I didn't mean to at the time), but please I ask of you Seph don't betray me either. I am a very reasonable person and I believe that everyone deserves a second chance.

I can make a public apology or something else. Please don't be like a stone wall and be unmovable, but instead talk with me and let us work things out. I just don't see why things have to be like this. Yes, I did make a terrible mistake, but I ask of you for your forgiveness.

I was not here to steal your game, but rather to make it. As far as creative content goes, I tried to give the game everything that I had and I hope it showed.

Also for the last few days this situation has really stressed me out and sometimes it really effects me in a negative way. I would like for all of this to go away and for the situation to be just as it was last week. Why can't we just start over. I simply don't need things like this in my life right now.

I am very sorry about what happened. Can we please be friends. Can you please forgive me. I can't even believe that this is happening. And can't believe my actions. You know, sometimes people say stupid things and I did in this case.

This whole thing makes me feel like a bad person even though I believe that I have a good heart. Seph I understand if you are mad at me ( I would be too), but please don't be mad at me forever. I was totally in the wrong, but please let's make it right.

You have known me for years, but do I normally do really bad things? Not really. So please remember me for those previous years as that is more representative of who I am.

I know that sometimes that when something bad happens in a friendship that the two people dislike each other forever. Please don't let this be the case. If you want to scream and yell at me then go for it, but please don't close the door forever. Please don't burn any bridges. Please be my friend despite what happened.

Trust me I feel terrible about this and don't want to continue like this. Please reach out and talk with me and let us work things out.

This feels like a suicide note.

I dunno what to reply to him, maybe something like:

Santa wrote:Dear Erock,

Santa stole all your gifts for the rest of the spring.

When summer arrives, Santa might revisit bad children
and give them other presents.

Only if they have been good!

~Santa

:-)

Founder

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:54

tl;dr-ed

See what I mean?

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:55

Too long didn't read or something?

Smile

Founder

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 21:32

Here's my reply:

SePH in a email to Erock wrote:Your case is currently being investigated.

The ban on the Erockbrox account may be permanent.

If you want to join the board again under another pseudonym in the future, we wont stop you, but please keep your anonymity as to who you are. The same thing could be valid for your youtube videos linked to your Final Theory username. You don't want anyone to know you are Erockbrox, because sadly...

Right now, Erockbrox/Final Theory are easy targets on Nintendo's cracking down on rom hacking and video games websites. It gives them cause to react and bring down Zeldix down if they want do. Oh Hey Nintendo, come right at us, not only do we make our own hacks...we also make our own carts and sell em!!!

You get the idea. It causes us bad publicity and unwanted attention from Nintendo and as a result you got instantly banned for a single post on another forum.

Hey I like you Erock, I really do...but if its between getting a c&d for working on something for so long or banning someone, the count is easy there.

So calm down, it isn't the end of the world.

So sign up with another account, preferably not something called to ''Twobrobox'' or something and pm me there and I'll chat over there.

Sincerely,

~ SePH

^^So if he joins up under another username it should be fine, I didn't ip banned him...

Founder

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 0:01

A message on RHDN:

The patient is alive, however RHDN will remain in the ICU for awhile and cannot accept any visitors.

To whoever wrote this, I love you.

Also, to whoever wrote the HTML:

Code:
<html>
<p>The patient is alive, however RHDN will remain in the ICU for awhile and cannot accept any visitors.</p>

What the heck?

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trovsky on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 0:08

Trovsky
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 6:58

https://twitter.com/Romhacking_net
Oh wow, this guy has serious mental problems. I hope this is over soon and romhacking back online Very Happy

Congratulations on your answer to Erock, SePH, this is really sincere. One question remains however, what to do with his credits and stuff he offered in v1.2 (v2.0)? Do we replace his credits with his new user name, leave it as it is or just take him out completely (with or without stuff he contributed)?
Conn
Conn

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 8:08

Funnily enough with RHDN on ICU and the conker thread made private - conker release cannot be found official anywhere!
Euclid
Euclid

RHDN down? Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 8:26

No worries Euclid, the latest release can still be found without logging in:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1337-conker-s-high-rule-tail-v1-1-2

Smile
Conn
Conn