Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Post by qwertymodo on Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 15:06

Since school is wrapping up this week, I'm finally at the point where I can take another crack at Parallel Worlds and put out a nice, polished 1.3 version.  I'll be incorporating many (though not all) of Puzzledude's v1.23 fixes, as well as any others that I am able to address.  Also, to avoid another buggy release, I will need beta testers.  I will not release publicly until I have had at least 2 full playthroughs of the main quest from people other than myself.  Please comment here if you know of any existing bugs that are not listed here, or if you want to help test.

Known issues:

• Sky Isles Tile issues due to the church fix
  • Darunia's Cavern doors (use PD's fix)
  • Icy lake overlay issue (keep the master sword ASM, just fix the overlay)
  • Infinite dig tile (use PD's fix)
  • Properly address any bugged entrance Y coordinates (need a list of affected entrances)
  • Add Cane of Byrna in Darunia's Cavern, heart container alt
  • Vitreous gfx issues

Possible issues:

• Jumping onto ice bug
  • Day/night palette too dark

Also, I need to go through the v1.23 "remaining issues" list to see which ones I feel I can tackle.

Edit: See also https://www.zeldix.net/t1270p75-parallel-worlds-v1-2-public-release#18850

Last edited by qwertymodo on Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 1:10; edited 1 time in total
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Parallel Worlds 1.3 Progress Thread

Post by Erockbrox on Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 19:51

I haven't played the newer versions of PW so I could give it a shot.

The small things such as the punch at the start of the game really make a big difference. Never thought that Conn's codes could help out older hacks.

I only wish that some of the dungeons be edited a bit to allow the game to have much better game play.
Erockbrox

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo on Mon 12 Jun 2017 - 20:13

If you want to do your own dungeon remodel like PD, be my guest, but I have absolutely no interest in doing so.
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 6:34

I only wish that some of the dungeons be edited a bit to allow the game to have much better game play.
I believe qwerty said once this is not his goal.

Main problem with PW is that it is uncompatible with HM, while the original Tower of the Triforce, which was somewhat in a beta state, was pimped overworlds wise by SePH, but the dungeons were never "pimped", thus this difference between overworld and dungeons. And the incompatibility with HM disallows to just change this and make your own dungeons.

Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum