The Legend of Jesus: A Link to the Heavens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Legend of Jesus: A Link to the Heavens

Post by Petraplexity on Fri 30 Jun 2017 - 2:14

Hello. I am the main developer and editor of The Legend of Jesus: A Link to the Heavens, a satirical Zelda3 ROM hack.

I will post regularly updated progress reports and preview builds here.
Please post any comments, criticisms, and bugs you have found regarding this hack. Suggestions are welcome, too.

As of right now (v0.22), I have edited Link's sprites to resemble Jesus, and edited about 50 lines of dialogue written by one of my friends (the co-developer, writer, director, and visionary behind this project). I have also changed some other miscellaneous text and edited the 3D Triforce shards and the crystal model.
I am currently focusing on editing the title screen graphics, and would greatly appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

This hack is nowhere near finished, but I am growing satisfied with its current state, and have thus decided to post it here.

DISCLAIMER: This ROM hack pokes fun at Christianity, homosexuality, and the Jewish people, among other things. It also contains very explicit language. This in no way reflects my views, and should be considered satire. If you are easily offended, please do not play this.

The .ips patch is for an NTSC-U headerless Zelda3 ROM. It should have a CRC32 of 777AAC2F.
Download TLoJ - LttH v0.22 HERE: MEGA Download Link
Mirror 1: Google Drive Link
Mirror 2: Dropbox Download Link

Last edited by Petraplexity on Fri 30 Jun 2017 - 18:37; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed credits)

Petraplexity
Newcomer

Since : 2017-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Legend of Jesus: A Link to the Heavens

Post by SunGodPortal on Fri 30 Jun 2017 - 2:50

LOL This should be good.
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Petraplexity on Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 15:27

Puzzledude wrote:What the person behind this project is doing is the same as that A link to the Google translate topic: trolling this site with fake projects. But whatever, I'm not in charge here.
Define "fake." We're still working on this...
Is it stupid? Yes. But it clearly exists, lol.

Edit: Aaaaaand he deleted his post. Must've seen the download link. Smile

Petraplexity
Newcomer

Since : 2017-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 14 Jul 2017 - 17:23

Mh, I tested a bit but didn't notice more changes than hm palette and monologue edits.
However, the project name sounds.funny, much luck with.the progress.

Other than that, before something emerges here, I advice to read the forum guidelines and always be respectful towards each other.
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 7:27

Edit: Aaaaaand he deleted his post. Must've seen the download link.
I can see the link just fine. I removed the post for obvious reasons, unfortunatelly you were still able to see it and quote it in time.

Define "fake". We're still working on this...Is it stupid? Yes. But it clearly exists, lol.
You might not know this, but there are people who make certain small edits to roms for the purposes of trolling rather for the purposes of romhacking, such as these hacks: Link's pink be gone (changes one byte which controls Link's hair), Samus hack (changes Link's head into Samus Aran's helmet), Legend of Pervert (changes texts into swearing). At the first glance I had the same feeling here, specially with that random spelling-changes hack.

You even have people tricking other users that they are making romhacks, by photo shopping in-game screens, or making small changes to roms. While others for unknown reasons change most of the gfx of the game into simbols of hate and call them hacks. Basically this is not how I see romhacking, yet I'm not againsts spoofs - take the Conker hack, which is a fine example of a ALTTP spoof done right. I hope you will eventually achieve something similar with this project.

Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 11:42

In most points I agree with Puzz. One cannot call a hack a hack just because of a bit palette changing and monologue editing.

As for spoof hacks I disagree (as co-worker of Conker I have to Wink ) We know you dislike Conker, you dislike spoof hacks, I'd also had liked it more if SePH did make a more classical Zelda, but in the end the game is still gorgeous, and there are people who love it. Like/dislike spoof is only a personal opinion - this is completely up to the author of a hack what he makes out of it. I'm sure some people hate your IQ as well Very Happy

Anyways, when I read about your hack announcement I got quite interested, and thought I'd see a really cool hack...but was quickly disappointed when realizing that only monologues and a bit palette was changed. I hope you get into editing dungeons/overworld or whatever to make it a really great hack!
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Mon 17 Jul 2017 - 18:16

Puzzledude wrote:You might not know this, but there are people who make certain small edits to roms for the purposes of trolling rather for the purposes of romhacking, such as these hacks: Link's pink be gone (changes one byte which controls Link's hair), Samus hack (changes Link's head into Samus Aran's helmet), Legend of Pervert (changes texts into swearing).

This is a false logic. Not everyone has the time, skills or desire to dedicate 1000's of hours to something so trivial that very few people in the world actually know or care about. Making a simple, inconsequential "hack" such as the ones mentioned above is not trolling by default.
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum