RT (Room Transfer) program

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

RT (Room Transfer) program - Page 5 Empty Re: RT (Room Transfer) program

Post by XaserLE Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 13:12

I am glad to hear that Smile I always wanted this tool to be used in hacks, but unfortunately it needs hacking experience to know what this tool can do. So hackers with your knowledge are the only ones that will ever use it.
Is the IQ hack released? Due to time issues i was a long time away from hacking, but i will come back and fix your menu rearrangement.

XaserLE

RT (Room Transfer) program - Page 5 Image111

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 13:37

Problem solved Guy's without delete other sprites normal and dark world Razz

Arnachy69
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 1:35

There it is! I was looking for this the other day and it turns out that it's not in the tools section but in one of the doc threads.
Confused

While I'm here I'd just like to say that this tool is awesome. The organization and labeling of the relocated data is a real life saver and it made it so easy for me to move the data somewhere else with a hex editor (I didn't like where it was at and didn't like having a 3 MB ROM with mostly empty space).

Cheers to Puzzledude and XaserLE!
Very Happy
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

RT (Room Transfer) program - Page 5 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 5:59

I am glad to hear that Smile

XaserLE

RT (Room Transfer) program - Page 5 Image111

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 6:58

While I'm here I'd just like to say that this tool is awesome. The organization and labeling of the relocated data is a real life saver and it made it so easy for me to move the data somewhere else with a hex editor (I didn't like where it was at and didn't like having a 3 MB ROM with mostly empty space).

Cheers to Puzzledude and XaserLE!
Yes, we worked together on this one, but Xaser is the programer here. I would say this structure of data is optimal and is made so that you can use "maximum" space for the data in question. Too bad we can not "port" this to Hyrule Magic, as once you run a rom through RT you are then auto stuck to that hex-gluing method and can not use the editor HM anymore.

There it is! I was looking for this the other day and it turns out that it's not in the tools section but in one of the doc threads.
I've put it to "sticky" and purple colour too for people to find it, as this tool originated from Doc files and needed a couple of pages of posting to come tho this state.

Of course the final Zip could also be published in the Tools section.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Fri 10 Mar 2017 - 11:51

Yeah puzzledude's documentation helped me a lot, so thank you! I coded part of the documentation but not all of it.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 9 May 2017 - 19:33

So I went looking for the Room Transfer program because I needed to re-download a bunch of programs. I found it in the docs section rather than the tools section. Apparently (judging from my previous post here) this is what made it difficult to find the previous time I looked for it, so I moved it. Now if I need to find it again in a few months I won't have to go looking all over the entire site.

Interesting note, when I used the search function and typed in "Room Transfer" none of the results where relevant to what I was actually looking for. I had to find it by searching the site manually.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Tue 9 May 2017 - 20:56

The site probably included the parenthesis into the words and sees "(Room" a completely different word from "Room".

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowOne333 Mon 26 Feb 2018 - 12:01

I'm a little confused about this tool.
Does RT move the currently edited/existing Room info to 1F8000? And does it also repoint the pointers accordingly?

I ran RT and got a _alttp ROM, but when I try to open it with HM, I get a bunch of garbage data in the Dungeon editor.
I suppose repointing is necessary from what I see, but what exactly do we need to repoint?
I basically just want to repoint the Room Header data to have one header per room.
ShadowOne333
ShadowOne333
Witch
Witch

Since : 2016-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 26 Feb 2018 - 12:35

I'm a little confused about this tool.
Does RT move the currently edited/existing Room info to 1F8000? And does it also repoint the pointers accordingly?
Yes.

I ran RT and got a _alttp ROM, but when I try to open it with HM, I get a bunch of garbage data in the Dungeon editor.
Yes, this is logical, since Hyrule Magic does not read pointers, it only reads the fixed location of the actual data and no pointers at all. So once you run any Rom through RT, you can not do any more edits with HM.

I suppose repointing is necessary from what I see, but what exactly do we need to repoint?
I basically just want to repoint the Room Header data to have one header per room.
Repointing is ncessary to use "unlimited" or "maximum possible" space for data. With repointing you can for instance use max room headers for all rooms, max idoor items for all rooms, max sprites (thus no sprite limit) etc etc.

For headers however this is already possible with the latest version of HM, which indeed has a button/option "move room headers" which will allow you to have max header and still be compatible with HM, but everything else will not be compatible if repointed.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5