Conn
Conn

Flashback Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Flashback :: Comments

Post Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 19:30 by Tablo2017

this game does not work on snes9x v1.55 (support msu-1)
Does anyone know how to solve it?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 6:18 by Conn

Yes, I solved it. The reason was that the author used free rom space in the expanded area, without properly expanding the rom first with lunar expand. I did this and added a xml as well and uploaded the files on my own drive.

Please re-download the link in the first post, it should work now Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 9:24 by Tablo2017

Conn wrote:Yes, I solved it. The reason was that the author used free rom space in the expanded area, without properly expanding the rom first with lunar expand. I did this and added a xml as well and uploaded the files on my own drive.

Please re-download the link in the first post, it should work now Wink

thanks!

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 14:06 by gyaragax

I've started making a new pcm set for Flashback, but in testing with the version posted here, I found that the currently posted version of the patched rom is an unfinished build that doesn't handle everything properly, and the included pcm set is incomplete, as well.

LuigiBlood sent me the most complete versions with all the tracks handled as they should be.
Links removed

Now, when played on original hardware with an SD2SNES, it doesn't care, and these work just fine, but testing them on emulators, there are issues. As they are, these don't seem to boot in SNES9x, and while they boot in bsnes plus, it doesn't register the MSU. If I expand the rom to 20Mbit, it works fine in SNES9x, but, again, it just falls back to the spc music when run in bsnes plus.

I'm a real novice when it comes to assembly, but the .asm is included in the rars. Conn, could you take a look and see if you can expand them properly so these work in the way they should on both hardware and the relevant emus and post the updated versions with the full pcm sets?

Meanwhile, I'll be working on my set that primarily uses Rich Douglas's soundtrack, filled in with some FM Towns tracks

*I believe I got it working fine across the board, expanded properly. It was just an xml file that was throwing off bsnes. I'll do a little more testing, repackage them and upload the fixed versions.

------
These are the updated 20Mbit versions, repackaged, to post up top to replace the incomplete version:
Links removed

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 17:32 by Conn

Nice, thanks a lot (also that I didn't have to work on them Very Happy )
I updated first post. Luigiblood stands as author in the description, if I shall credit other people as well (like you) please tell me how.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 21:37 by MadK9

Just a word of warning the new packs contains the rom, might want to remove them.

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 4 Sep 2018 - 22:32 by gyaragax

The old pack did as well.

*Regardless, if it's an issue and those need to be taken down, I made a bps and an ips patch, either of which can be applied to the clean unheadered NTSC Flashback rom. Probably good to have those anyway.

Here's just the Amiga pcms and just the FM Towns tracks, with the rom stripped out.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 5 Sep 2018 - 6:03 by Conn

I know. I thought this game isn't edsa protetected anymore so I didn't care much. However to be on the safe side I removed the previous links in your former posts and edited first post with the new rom free links. I also made a readme, so I stuffed your patches along with this into a patch folder

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 21:48 by gyaragax

I've finished my new music pack based primarily on Rich Douglas's recordings, filled in with newly sourced FM-Towns tracks, one OC ReMix track, and a few sound effects from Amiga and Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

It's all detailed in the readme file. Here's a MEGA link and a Google Drive link

Like the Wolfenstein set I did using Rich's tracks, if you could link the YouTube preview and Rich's Flashback page, that'd be appreciated.

Just for attribution consistency, since my name didn't get posted on that Wolfenstein set, if you wouldn't mind on that set as well as this one adding "Rich Douglas [pack/set/whatever] by GyaragaX". Thanks. Hope people enjoy this set. I put a lot of love into it.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 6:36 by Conn

Alright, check if all is ok, please Wink
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 12:10 by gyaragax

Looks great, though no need to credit me for the Amiga & FM-Towns tracks above. Those were all LuigiBlood. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 12:19 by Conn

Ok.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 17:44 by Polargames

@gyaragax, You again did a great job. I really like the Rich's Flashback pack, It sounded great :-D. Well done

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 18:24 by gyaragax

Since I posted a video demonstrating my two music packs for Wolfenstein, figured I'd link the video demos for the relevant set for the other music packs. Here's the Rich Douglas set for Flashback in action.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 3:27 by Conn

I linked it on first post as well.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Wed 22 Jan 2020 - 17:35 by Conn

Somebody would need to consider this game worthy to spend 100 hours of free time into this dev... Which I doubt Sad

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum