Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU Hack :: Comments

Post on Fri 3 Nov 2017 - 0:03 by Conn

patch v5 fading adjustment:

Instructions:
1, open your patched rom in a hex editor
2, press Ctrl+G
3, type in the address in hex, e.g., 0x270316 for theme restart (instead 02/70316)
4, you should see then e.g., d0 0f there, change it to 80 07
5, safe the rom

---------------------------------------

theme restarts playing each round:
02/70316: f0 35 -> ea ea
02/703c7: ea ea ea -> 9c b7 1c
02/703e9: d0 1f -> 80 17

fade to zero each round transition instead fading to half:
02/704ab: 40 -> 00
02/704b1: 40 -> 05
02/704bb: 40 -> 00

keep full volume each round transition instead fading to half:
02/704ab: 40 -> ff
02/704b1: 40 -> fb
02/704bb: 40 -> ff

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 5:29 by alex_com

Thanks for the fading adjustment Conn.
I've noticed that paying this on sd2snes (rev.H - no audio boost) the battle SFX are very quiet compared to The New Challengers MSU Hack, which works flawlessly.
Is it just a matter of normalizing the PCMs?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 8:19 by Conn

Ask red, I only did the coding

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 11:31 by alex_com

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly!

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 14:46 by Conn

Is this arcade, the one red did, just fixed, or anything else? I ask because I don't know whether I shall include the set in the first post... If so please tell me how.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 14:55 by Relikk

It’s the arcade CPS1 soundtrack I did myself. Slightly better quality, volume is more arcade like and the loops are more efficient, there’s 100mb shaved off if you compare the file sizes between mine and Red’s. I did the same for SSF2, also.

Disregard the CPS2 at the end of the zip file posted here. That’s an error.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 15:23 by Conn

Hmm, can't access the mega link you posted, but could be a problem with my mobile. I nevertheless added your link to the first post, is it ok this way?
Please check if it is accessible.
I do not know what cps means, nor what the cps2 error might be.

If all is right, I could add your tnc set similarly.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 22:57 by Relikk

CPS was the arcade hardware Capcom used for the their games. Later revisions with faster processors and better sound etc. were renamed to CPSII and CPSIII. SF2 revisions up to Hyper Fighting were on CPS1 hardware, Super SF2 was on CPS2 and SF3 was on CPS3. Aaaaannnyywwaayyyy... ZzzZzz...

The link is still available. I'll upload the SSF2 link to the relevant topic.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 10:19 by RedScorpion

Fixed Links!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 8 May 2018 - 5:53 by gyaragax

Thanks @Conn for putting my new CPS-2 pcm set up here and the heavy damage post.

One thing, though, not sure if PittStone sourced his CPS-2 pack from the HDRemix game, and that's why it was labeled as such, but my pack is primarily sourced from the Street Fighter II The Definitive Soundtrack, lossless tracks taken from the arcade machines. I worry if people see the HDRemix label, they might wrongly think that the tracks are from the OverClocked ReMix ost.

There are a few differences in mine and PittStone's packs. In addition to the new cuts, loops, and normalizations from lossless source, the new pack includes optional heavy damage themes if using that version of the patch. Whereas PittStone's set opted for all CPS-2 tracks, for my set, if there was not a 1:1 CPS-2 version of a particular track, because it had been replaced in the later game revisions, I opted for newly normalized CPS-1 arcade loops on Chun Li's ending themes, the Staff Roll credits sequence, and the Four Devas Ending. It also includes a newly recomposed Capcom jingle and an optional OverClocked ReMix titlescreen track (not from HDRemix, though).

Since it's mostly CPS-2 arcade pcms, with a couple exceptions and additions, I opted for labeling it "CPS-2+ & Heavy Damage". Just want to make sure people know, whereas Relikk's set are "Arcade PCMs" from CPS-1, this set is also original arcade tracks (plus a couple bonuses), just from the later board revision, rather than HDRemix tracks.

Also, just noticed on both pages, the set is labeled "CSP-2" rather than "CPS-2" Very Happy

Thanks.

*also, here's a mirror link for the set, if needed
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJrKSrPw5Y8qVHJKZhbaN9bv_gXPoz0n/view

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 8 May 2018 - 10:15 by Conn

Thanks for clearing up. I corrected it, but renounced on "& heavy damage". This is cleared by the thread you download the patch from already. If you play the native patch, the heavy themes are simply not used.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 8 May 2018 - 11:29 by gyaragax

Thanks. Not to harp on it, people can call it whatever they choose. It just doesn't have anything to do with HDRemix. I could see someone, maybe at some point doing a version that uses the HDRemix ost, in which case, the label would apply. I just don't want people to not try it because they're thinking, based on the label it's under, that it's some modern techno beat tracks, or something, rather than the arcade PCMs they are. Up to you, though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 8 May 2018 - 11:59 by Conn

Better now? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 8 May 2018 - 12:04 by gyaragax

Yes Razz

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 8 May 2018 - 17:14 by GameGenie720

Thnx for your set GyaragX. I just played through SFII Turbo. Love the heavy damage. Has anyone added heavy damage themes to SSFII?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 9 May 2018 - 12:15 by gyaragax

I don't believe anyone's done that, yet, GameGenie720.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 9 May 2018 - 21:38 by Relikk

Would be awesome if someone added heavy damage code to Super. Could be quite difficult given the parameters required to trigger it properly, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum