Street Fighter II' Turbo

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Street Fighter II' Turbo - Page 2 Empty Street Fighter II' Turbo

Heavy Damage Arcade-like Patch by gizaha:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/hd_sf2_msu1.zip
You will hear faster music as soon the energy is low. Check if the PCM pack you download supports HD (tracks 50-61 are present).

Patch by Conn (original patch):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/sf2_turbo_patch.zip

PCM Packs

Arcade CPS pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmougfdd9PEbT4VDL8RA_A
Supports Heavy Damage

HD Remix (OC Remix) pack (by PittStone):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!GW4n3SRJ!SEj1GmdyzbwXGGYdcUmDin90roXQR4HAhPIOwRSH8mY
Does not support Heavy Damage (copy themes 50-61 from another set for HD)

CPS2+ (by gyaragax):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!VeYW1TyK!ey1QUrzId6cREyS3YOpEXec5bC71oIi3kOyFwncobuA
YouTube Preview
Supports Heavy Damage

Ultra Street Fighter II' (Nintendo Switch) (by Cyber-Yagami):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z06mo4j4l4b6vkw
YouTube Preview
Does not support Heavy Damage (copy themes 50-61 from another set for HD)

- Track Map (by Relikk) -
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yqfm5fdyaHe0LyRFqOV7HfgKVtkPFsLNbdFpiNf-gYI

Last edited by RedScorpion on Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Street Fighter II' Turbo - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter II' Turbo :: Comments

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:58 by Conn

You'd need to send me a link to this version via pm if I shall check 1.1 (can't find it on google). Does my patch work with 1.1?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:00 by Relikk

There doesn't appear to be any major issues between revisions, but the new heavy damage patch didn't work with the later revision. The original patches worked just fine.

I'll send them to you.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:21 by Conn

Alright, thanks Very Happy
Check this out (as said, I only check and edit the hex, not tested). If any problems are encountered let me know
Attachments
Street Fighter II' Turbo - Page 2 Attachment
hd_sf2_msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:37 by Relikk

Have it running in the background in demo mode and everything seems fine.

Thanks, Conn.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:06 by gizaha

Strangely enough, i forgot to add tracks 50-61 at manifest.bml, however it seems it isn't nessesary because it works.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:09 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:Ok, i found a rom that accept the patches.

The game works fine, although after the music changes to "damage version", it doesn't come back to the original state when the new round begins, and it is still sonding until the combat ends.

I think it is due to the music never cuts between rounds.

But the work is really near to act like the arcade version, and this is really good.
Actually the music changes when the damage is high, and i think that it only left the music cuts later, and not when the combat just ends (that is the only thing that remains to do).

Good job, really really good job Wink
I know. At arcade version, heavy damage starts at around 30% health. On snes, it starts at around 50% because it start early to linear speed up the music. I will correct this if i have free time some afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:12 by Relikk

gizaha wrote:Strangely enough, i forgot to add tracks 50-61 at manifest.bml, however it seems it isn't nessesary because it works.

Yeah it was just speculation as to why I couldn't get it to work, but when I tried it on my SD2SNES I knew they weren't needed.

Thanks to you and Qwerty also for this patch. I had always hoped it'd be possible to add these tracks in some way, but as more time went on I thought it's probably not possible.

Any plans to try and add the heavy damage themes to Super SF2 so we can give Conn some more problems to solve? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:20 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:Doesn't appear to be working on either patch. The heavy damage PCM's aren't playing.
Download the zip from the new youtube link description i post and also download the heavy damage tracks from my description and put them in the same folder.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:25 by Relikk

Did you read the thread? Very Happy It's sorted.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:26 by gizaha

The rom i used might not have been patched my Conn but it was already patched from a user named Randerson Pereira Cardoso.
So i don't know what version of the rom he used.
If it is important, i can modify the patch to another version of the rom.

Last edited by gizaha on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:27 by gizaha

I got the rom from a youtube video description, packed in a zip file toghether with the pcm packed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHlUWXYKDMY&t=542s

That patch restart the track each round (as sf2ce did), thus after the heavy damage it plays the regular song again. It didn't had fade outs after match.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:37 by Conn

You might have missed this, I already adjusted your patch to work (I resend it - attached to this post).

If you are happy with it, please update the first post with this new versions
Attachments
hd_sf2_msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 14:16 by Relikk

MSU SF2 is now perfect. Very Happy

Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 16:53 by gizaha

Conn wrote:

You might have missed this, I already adjusted your patch to work (I resend it - attached to this post).

If you are happy with it, please update the first post with this new versions

Thank you very much. However i just correct the heavy damage theme to start at 30% health, just like the arcade. The correction is at (on my rom) 501A: 69 AF to be 69 BF.
What is the easiest way to adding this to the 2 patches of yours? Rewrite the patches?
I don't have the 2 roms to make it myself.
Adding this i think that makes it perfect

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:06 by Relikk

The damage is quite high on the SNES version, especially grabs and anything that's more than a 2 hit combo. While 50% is too early, I'd say 30% might be too late, so to speak. 40% could be the sweet spot.

It is up to you, though.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:16 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:The damage is quite high on the SNES version, especially grabs and anything that's more than a 2 hit combo. While 50% is too early, I'd say 30% might be too late, so to speak. 40% could be the sweet spot.

It is up to you, though.
I did calculations on the arcade and home version. On the arcade it starts at 30% health. Full $90 (dec 144), heavy damage $30 (dec 48). 48/144=0.333 = 30%

That's i'm gonna put in snes.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:21 by Relikk

Adding heavy damage themes seems slightly redundant, then. They'll kick in and the round will be over before you'll have a chance of hearing them because the damage is too high.

Anyway, work away.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:25 by Conn

I sent you the 2 version link from relikk via pm.
You only need to change the hook. Best is you search for the byte string you hooked in 1.0 in 1.1. I think it was ad .. .. something. The 1.1 hook is some bytes later 27 vs. 32 or something.
I check later when I'm back home if you can't find it Smile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:37 by gizaha

fullgamezone wrote:I took a test
works perfectly in 1 round. But in the 2 round the song is the same that ended in the 1st round, the song does not start, it does not restart, in the second round the song is as ended 1 round and with low volume as it finishes in the first after the sum of points.
I've notice it. Conn sent me a file merged with his patch and the result wasn't good.
Try again, i reupload a new patch (appy on a already patched rom).

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:40 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:

MSU SF2 is now perfect. Very Happy

Thanks all.

Try the new patch. The heavy damage starts at 33%, now it's perfect.
Also there were times in your video that tricked me, didn't knew if i watch arcade or snes version.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:41 by Relikk

Conn's patch defaults to the theme playing continuously and fading between rounds. You need to hex edit your ROM with Conn's code I posted earlier in this thread if you want the game to be arcade-like.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:43 by Relikk

gizaha wrote:Try the new patch. The heavy damage starts at 33%, now it's perfect.
Also there were times in your video that tricked me, didn't knew if i watch arcade or snes version.

I'll certainly try it, for sure. Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:51 by Conn

Is my help still required? Get 1.1 hook or whatever?

In your new patch file are 3 ips where I do not know the purpose of the third. Maybe a short readme is good. I'd suggest for simplifying that you provide only the merged version with optimal fade adjustment (guess theme restart each round is mandatory). The single patch without my patch preapppied doesn't work anyways and if it is preapplied reapplying the merged patch makes no difference...

Edit:
Here you go. It is your latest patch (30% health) merged with my patch and Relikk's adjustments to restart the music each round (otherwise you get the problem that the normal theme won't restart in the second round):

theme restarts playing each round:
02/70316: f0 35 -> ea ea
02/703c7: ea ea ea -> 9c b7 1c
02/703e9: d0 1f -> 80 17

fade to zero each round transition instead fading to half:
02/704ab: 40 -> 00
02/704b1: 40 -> 05
02/704bb: 40 -> 00

Feel free to use it for your first post. Included are both versions (1.0, 1.1) and a readme
Attachments
hd_sf2_msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Last edited by Conn on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 20:03; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 19:59 by Señor Ventura

I have realized that i always have the same combats in the same order.

With bsnes the first one is always against zangief... but with nocashsnes the first one is against dhalsim, allways him.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 11:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next