Rushing Beat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rushing Beat

Post by kurrono on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 15:14

Hey Conn,can u get one more last game? Pplease? I ve seen Colines improved my top gear hehe..how u been ..man..everything good?
kurrono
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 16:58

Could you try to write in proper English what you mean?
I thought top gear is done?
https://www.zeldix.net/t949-top-gear-1
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 17:08

No no im not saying doin top gear...not at all.  I,,m talking bout other game...is weird to hack... it only get 2 songs playing on msu1 ...the name of the game is Rushing Beat...aka rival turf...the japanese version got nice translated...i,just want to,make it msu1..with all songs working
.i posted part of the code to qwertymodo...on super mario kart topic..dunno if u can help me a little with that..u a busy guy..i understand

Maybe has the same way,as top gear 2...cause on zsnes using cheats on 2140 adress it only plays 2 songs after those address the game freezes even using cheats
kurrono
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 20:17

I briefly looked into it.
The map screen as well as the fighting screen store a #$02 here
map:
$00/E478 8D 40 21    STA $2140  [$00:2140]   A:9C02
ingame:
$00/E478 8D 40 21    STA $2140  [$00:2140]   A:1002

when I am ingame and cheat with (PAR) 002140-03 I hear a third theme.

Means, you obviously need to have 3 msu pcm:s at least.
I think you can hook at this place, but since the same value #$02 is used for both the map and the ingame music track you need to differ with a ram whether you are on the map or fighting. I can only assume right now that the 3rd theme is used ingame also at this address, means
$00/E478 8D 40 21    STA $2140  [$00:2140]   A:1003
This must be verified by testing. If it is verified, this would mean that 2 different music banks are used, where you need to differ the bank by a ram adress

Honestly, I do not know anything about this game, do not have your pcm:s (do you have 2 or all 3, or are there even more?). Making an asm isn't difficult at all, but I'd need to play the complete game to check every music change, and such playtests are too time-intensive for me right now. So it's better you look for another hacker that can help you out here.

Edit:
I just watched this video a bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4avpcFu8o
There are at least 5 different themes (some more stages, ending, etc.). I think different music banks are loaded (like in Zelda you have 3: overworld, dungeons and endings) and the tracks numbered similar, means track 02 is another track in another music bank. You need to differ it at the stage you currently are in. I think I really need to reject your request, due to too little time.
Also I think there's little common interest. If I'd unretire again, which is currently not on my agenda, I'd rather hack dkc 1,3, sm allstars, illusion of time/gaja or whichever games have a much higher priority Embarassed
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 22:12

I got all pcms i can upload it to my google drive account .. i can give u the link.. i need to upload them i ll give. U link tonight is about like  6 stages 2 intros ending and credits .. like 12 songs in totall

Conn, check this video..u'll see i tried to run msu1 music on the game already ..here is the  link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3U_w8V6f9lM

Oopss i didnt read the last part..sorry for misunderstanding...yea u cant help me there ..but thanks for your advice about the same songs in different bank addresses...maybe ill llok myself into i can find out with smthing...No prob Conn..its cool
kurrono
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 6:24

Oopss i didnt read the last part..sorry for misunderstanding...yea u cant help me there ..but thanks for your advice about the same songs in different bank addresses...maybe ill llok myself into i can find out with smthing...No prob Conn..its cool
I looked a bit into it by having invincibility on. It seems like
$00/E478 8D 40 21 STA $2140 [$00:2140] A:6302
gives only the play signal for a track.
Don't rely on what I am saying now, I assume 02 is the play signal and 03 a second theme of the track inside the aram. When a new stage is loaded, another music bank is loaded into the aram. I briefly looked into Illusion of time/gaja, and there's a similar problem what I assume here. The tracks aren't enumerated, but directly played through what is inside the aram.
Take Zelda for example. You have the overworld music bank in aram, and then can access easily tracks 01-0f as they are enumerated, and all are present in this music bank. When you change into a dungeon, the dungeon music bank is loaded into aram and you can access themes 10-1f, but not the overworld themes anymore.
For Illusion of Gaja, I suggested RedScorpion to differ the themes by the pointers of the music bank being transferred into aram; I think here a similar technique is necessary.
I may look further into it, as your project is quite evolved with having all pcm and such, but I cannot give you much hope that I am of help here. I do not even know which pcm covers which music bank, and then some music banks may have 2 spc:s $2140-02 ~or 03, which makes it in my view complex to get msu to work for this game.
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by kurrono on Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 6:54

Impreasive Conn..now i,see it only  plays  2 songs only in the  whole game..other thing i noticed is the option mode ..songs from 01 to 0b is the same repeated song then the 2nd song is 0C ..then from 0d to 0f is the same 1st song again..this one hard to,hack i guess ill wait maybe we can get more infoin the future..no prob..now my mario kart upload songs is finished:

*link removed
kurrono
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Rushing Beat

Post by Conn on Sat 2 Sep 2017 - 8:09

Japp, strange is that the themes are nummerated in the options menu at $12ef, but this is not happening ingame Confused
I think this one is a hard game to make it msu compatible.

I wrote you a pm, please read it!!!
I removed the link in above post due to this reason.
Conn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum