Wolfchild MSU1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wolfchild MSU1

The link to the patch v1.1 (PepilloPEV) and the Sega CD PCM set below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/17ahc9oolrz4poi/AAB3CQgZslSxgM6GTQjUX1Fga?dl=0

Per Conn's request, uncommented the BIT $2000 routine (my bad, forgot I did that). Also, hopefully, fixed audio repeat glitch after defeating a boss.

After an awesome Thanksgiving dinner and a lot of family obligations, I was able to partially complete this game. It still requires a little polishing for minor cosmetic audio issues, eventually, I will get them ironed out.

Nevertheless, it is playable from start to finish with the Sega CD soundtrack (way better than SNES music, but hey, that is my opinion).

This was the first game that my friend used to introduce me to the Sega CD. He really enjoyed this game and finishing this is my way of honoring a good gaming friend. He passed away about 2 years ago. So here you go, Taso, in your honor.

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 15:22; edited 1 time in total

pepillopev
Witch
Witch

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Wolfchild MSU1 :: Comments

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 1:29 by Conn

I can only repeat my awesome Very Happy

looking at the asm, I noticed that you noped out
Code:

;loopTitle:
; BIT $2000
; BVS loopTitle ; track not ready
without this it won't work at all on sd2snes.

(If music changes are introduced with graphics on screen there will be short flickerings, therefore I make always a nmi hook and test whether overflow is clear there. If music change is on black screen only, that flickering won't appear of course and above code won't make any problems. In any case you should activate this code to make it at least playable on sd2snes, with or without flickering (there is no side effects on emu play)).

Sorry to hear about your friend!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 12:33 by Shiryu

Hmmm, a Commodore Amiga version soundpack would work nicely here.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 13:18 by pepillopev

Know where to get the soundpack?

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 13:32 by Shiryu

I have the original .mod files, I will convert them to WAV, apply some joint stereo magic and send them your way ASAP.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 13:38 by Shiryu

Oh never mind, Zophar's Domain has it: https://www.zophar.net/music/amiga/wolfchild

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 15:18 by pepillopev

I uploaded a new patch version 1.1 (fixes the audio glitch, hopefully). Wink
Also, restored the BIT $2000 code (accidentally, remarked it out, thanks Conn for the heads up).
After looking at my over-complicated patch, I found redundant code that was causing me headaches with the weird repeating audio glitch after defeating a boss. Hopefully, this time around this patch will be more polished. The in-game BGM audio test still does not work properly (so please do not complain, it is cosmetic). Eventually, my lazy ass will revisit the code and implement it in a future release.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 19:17 by Conn

Thanks Smile

one small further request if possible, could you provide the patch as zip? I always have problems with rar, as I use an ancient version, since you need to buy it. Usually I can open it with 7zip, that worked on v1.0 but somehow I fail to open 1.1 now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 28 Nov 2017 - 19:19 by pepillopev

Aaaaand, done!
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum