U.N. Squadron (Area 88)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

U.N. Squadron (Area 88) - Page 2 Empty U.N. Squadron (Area 88)

Patch

Patch (by PepilloPEV):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/UnSquadron-Msu1-Patch%5bNstcEng,Fre%5d.zip

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/FfVngDSR#jCSVGVYzCuyjBf9xKA3aYDTHQbupvDBSEgum52BUAxo
Update: oct/9th/22: Japanese version by Cubear added

PCM Packs

UN Squadron Guitar Music by Breath of the Sea (by JUD6MENT) (23/Feb/24 updated by arasoi):
Code:
Download:
https://mega.nz/file/OYd3XS4Z#HXkqPDs2HwspQkhgzP94V-iwK3Ht5gR1WVuYdD297fQ

Mirror Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wwylod0laf4xytx/UN+Squadron+MSU1+Breath+of+the+Sea+Music.zip/file
YouTube Preview

Arcade (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/96oEVL7Y#vLg7uzgENWgMCWXKH-oANWMtLxdIWmI-HtKNTkWJQ1o

Custom Pack (by Kurrono):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dlb2nhtd4kndnfa/MSU1_UN_Squadron_Kurrono_PCMs.zip/file
- Link replaced 06/04/20, old had corrupt ZIP file -

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 4 Jun 2020 - 14:30; edited 12 times in total
pev

U.N. Squadron (Area 88) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

U.N. Squadron (Area 88) :: Comments

kurrono

Post Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 20:27 by kurrono

Allright i guess i fixed pcm im uploading again

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 17:02 by Shiryu

Merry Christmas everyone! thank you for your dedicated hard work this whole year. Speaking of work, I got swamped with it today with the English translations releases for both "Princess Minerva" and "Super Famicom Wars", but the video is finally up. I added a little surprise by replacing the main title theme in Relikk PCM pack. You see "UN Squadron" is a licensed game form a manga/anime series called "Area 88", one of my all time favourite manga ever and the inspiration behind the entire of Namco's "Ace Combat" series. So I just had to pick one of the tracks from the OVA's soundtrack that would look good on the intro and I think it worked out great. I hope in the future I find the time to release a complete PCM pack featuring the OVA's soundtrack.

For now, sleep. Happy Holidays, looking forward to see what can be done with "Super R-Type"!

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Mon 25 Dec 2017 - 22:31 by kurrono

Nice job Shiryu... im still on pilotwings and ultraman.. but dunno..if u will like the pcm as the tv show..not as the super nes game...let me know..

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 11:27 by pev

Relikk wrote:OK so, final volume tweaks.

Uploaded your final pcm set into my box account. Good to Go! And thanks again, for your hard and outstanding work!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 11:29 by pev

kurrono wrote:Allright i guess i fixed pcm im uploading again

Can I get the download link to your pcm set so I can merge it with my box account?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 20:46 by pev

kurrono wrote:Here  Pev the pcms:

I got them, Kurrono. They are now in my box account.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Feb 2018 - 12:04 by pev

smokemonster, I noticed in your msu-patch list at the epforums site that you have me credited as the PCM provider for UNSquadron. That credit belongs to Kurrono. I only worked on the patch for this game. Kurrono and Relikk are the PCM providers.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:32 by Polargames

I have some more art, If I am  annoying anyone with the cover art I will stop, I just like all of the hacks people have done and the cover art I found on google is my way of saying Thank you to all the hard work that goes into making msu1 games. :-)U.N. Squadron (Area 88) - Page 2 Unsqua10

All rights belong to there respectived parties, I just enjoy playing with google

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 5:47 by JUD6MENT

Ok I am having serious struggles with this PCM set. No matter what I do, the sound effects are cracking to the max. It is like exploding, deafening, cracks of painful ear bleeds. I dont have this problem with any other MSU-1 game, I have tried multiple different volume levels, and nothing works. I have tried my own PCM set in the works set to different volume levels, Relikk pack, and Kurruno with no success. I see in the preview video that the sound effects are normal, does anyone know how that guy did it (who I believe is Relikk)?

I have found some seriously sweet music for this game using google translate to find Japanese artists. I would love to make a PCM set, but I cant get the patch to work right.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:00 by Relikk

Are you using SNES9x, by any chance?

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:04 by JUD6MENT

Yes that is the emulator. I just found out I am having the same trouble with terranigma as well, the other PCM set I am working on right now. I see both these were made in 2017 and that was some sort of weird volume thing going on between different emulators before qwertymodo decided to fix them all for good, does it have to do something with that.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:07 by Relikk

The older versions of SNES9x (pre 1.60) have major problems with distortion on the louder games. It doesn't happen on BSNES and I haven't come across that problem since updating to 1.60.

https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/releases/download/1.60/snes9x-1.60-win32-x64.zip

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:22 by JUD6MENT

that is actually the emulator I have on my computer and you are indeed right. It works great on that one.

I dont like to play off my computer though and I tend to use a rasberry pi emulator, modded wii, or modded Wii U (wii u being my console of choice because as long as I do not leave the room I can play games a lot like a nintendo switch on the gamepad).

Do you happen to know if any of those have a 1.60 update? I am going to check. I am surprised F-Zero works with no problem, that is possibly the loudest MSU-1 PCM pack I know. Thanks for your help by the way Relikk.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:27 by Relikk

Ah, I have no idea about the Wii or RPi ports, but the last update was 23 days ago here...

https://github.com/dborth/snes9xgx/releases/tag/4.4.8

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:29 by JUD6MENT

It appears that this recent update a month ago does indeed run on 1.60 core, let me check it out, thanks a ton (fingers crossed)

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 6:59 by JUD6MENT

It did not seem to worked. I guess I will have to play by connecting my laptop to the tv screen. Thank you for your help Relikk

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 7:06 by Relikk

That's a shame. Strange that if it is seemingly based on 1.60, that particular flaw would have been eradicated by now. I suppose it would be worthwhile filing a bug report and informing the dev so they can look into it. I know how annoying that distortion can be as that U.N. Squadron video in the main post is actually the second one I did, because the first one had that distortion in some areas. My Gradius III video has it, as well.

https://youtu.be/inIrrNN6a6k?t=38

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 7:42 by JUD6MENT

oh, despite the website saying it is version 1.60, the readme file says it is core 1.58, which makes sense. I bet someone will eventually update to 1.60

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 22:35 by Polargames

JUD6MENT wrote:oh, despite the website saying it is version 1.60, the readme file says it is core 1.58, which makes sense. I bet someone will eventually update to 1.60

Hello JUD6MENT, This link might work for you. https://www.cfwaifu.com/retroarch-wiiu/

It should help you out on your wii u because I think you might have to update the database in retroarch to get the newest version for it. I hope this does help you out. If that does not work out. You might have to download it from the gethub, VWii zip installer and update it manually . I hope that helps out.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 24 Jul 2020 - 19:47 by JUD6MENT

Polargames wrote:
JUD6MENT wrote:oh, despite the website saying it is version 1.60, the readme file says it is core 1.58, which makes sense. I bet someone will eventually update to 1.60

Hello JUD6MENT, This link might work for you. https://www.cfwaifu.com/retroarch-wiiu/

It should help you out on your wii u because I think you might have to update the database in retroarch to get the newest version for it. I hope this does help you out. If that does not work out. You might have to download it from the gethub, VWii zip installer and update it manually . I hope that helps out.

That seems like it might work, thank you, i will give it a test run when i get the chance. Have you tried it by chance? You may not even have a wii u, most people dont, but i thought it would not hurt to ask.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 25 Jul 2020 - 1:22 by Polargames

[/quote]That seems like it might work, thank you, i will give it a test run when i get the chance. Have you tried it by chance? You may not even have a wii u, most people dont, but i thought it would not hurt to ask.[/quote]

Your very welcome Smile . No I have not at all, I do not own a wii u. I am on the look out for one, as I would love to hack it to run retro arch and I have been told it plays N64, GC, and wil very well to great.  I think the wii u was a great idea and could of been a huge seller, but I think its touch pad and battery life for it was what made it not sell well. Feel free to ask me what game systems I have any time you like. I am more they happy to tell. :-) Was it easy for you to find one, or did you buy it when it came out?

Whats your take on the system?

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 25 Jul 2020 - 4:30 by JUD6MENT

I got it when mario kart 8 came out. Disappointing console indeed but the mario kart and smash bro made it worth it to me. Playing breath of the wild on wii u before i could afford a switch was a plus. The big problem in my opinion is that it could not display high graphics on the game pad and screen at the same time, so two player mario kart couldn't even have one player on screen one on gamepad. It made the game pad a gimmick rather than a chill feature. I think it was a smart idea on paper but the console could not use it properly.

However, it is a mod console dream. Most the time i do not even hook it up to my tv as i just play everything in bed using the pad and it emulates everything pretty well once you find the right stuff to download. And it is a tv console too when i want to play my msu-1 on the big screen. It also emulates ds games extremely well.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 25 Jul 2020 - 22:25 by Polargames

JUD6MENT wrote:I got it when mario kart 8 came out. Disappointing console indeed but the mario kart and smash bro made it worth it to me. Playing breath of the wild on wii u before i could afford a switch was a plus. The big problem in my opinion is that it could not display high graphics on the game pad and screen at the same time, so two player mario kart couldn't even have one player on screen one on gamepad. It made the game pad a gimmick rather than a chill feature. I think it was a smart idea on paper but the console could not use it properly.

However, it is a mod console dream. Most the time i do not even hook it up to my tv as i just play everything in bed using the pad and it emulates everything pretty well once you find the right stuff to download. And it is a tv console too when i want to play my msu-1 on the big screen. It also emulates ds games extremely well.

Awesome, I remember seeing the Mario kart 8 bundle at wal-mart, I was thinking about it a lot tbh, but I could not pull the trigger because I thought the price for the system was to high. There were not a lot of games to balance out the price for me so I did pass on it. I did pick up smash bros for it a while back on a sweet price cut. The game was discounted to $5.00 brand new, So I grabbed it fast. Most of the games I wanted to play on the wii u are now on the switch, So I have been thinking about getting one. The only game I hope that does get ported over for switch is Paper Mario Color Splash. I really want to play that one.

Breath of the wild, from what I have read is still the best way to play the game because its less prone to errors. I have seen it being played on Cemu emulator, and wow does it look great. It even runs at 60fps too. Very cool.

I did not know about Mario kart issues with 2 players though, That I had never read or been told that. It doe not shock me at all, but does bum a person out because that is where Nintendo usually does great with is couch co-op. I do agree with the touch pad was a great idea on paper though. How is the battery life for it mod'ed? Does it do well? Also when you play msu-1 games on your tv, does the system get warm and/or hot at all? I always wondered what the temp of the system was during normal game play. No one has ever brought it up at all.

Can you get 60fps on ds games also? I would love to see china town wars at full 60. :-)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next