ZScream Magic

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

ZScream Magic - Page 4 Empty Re: ZScream Magic

Post by Jeimuzu on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 1:13

zarby89 wrote:Released a new update for my editor Beta 1.5, it can now modify the Overworld
but becareful now it not compatible anymore with HM, you can open a ROM modified with HM with it but you can't open a ROM modified with ZScream with HM
have fun Very Happy

Very impressive! Smile

I played around with it for a bit, and I look forward to seeing the final product.  This would save me a monumental amount of time on overworld editing.

However, I'm currently running MX Linux as my main OS, and it runs very slowly in Wine.  I can't say how it runs in Windows, but I'd imagine this won't be an issue for most people.  Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Jeimuzu
Jeimuzu

ZScream Magic - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2015-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 15:45

Jeimuzu wrote:
However, I'm currently running MX Linux as my main OS, and it runs very slowly in Wine.  I can't say how it runs in Windows, but I'd imagine this won't be an issue for most people.  Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh yeah unfortunately i am using weird ways to draw stuff especially the overworld that doesn't surprise me at all Sad it works fine on a average pc with windows, but yeah i'm really bad at drawing stuff so it using a bunch of slow functions compared to HM Sad
zarby89
zarby89

ZScream Magic - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeimuzu on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 17:13

zarby89 wrote:Oh yeah unfortunately i am using weird ways to draw stuff especially the overworld that doesn't surprise me at all Sad it works fine on a average pc with windows, but yeah i'm really bad at drawing stuff so it using a bunch of slow functions compared to HM Sad

That's fine.  I have a windows pc at the office I could use if I decide to use zscream magic to build my overworlds.   Wink

I'm curious to understand how your program works though.  I believe you told me at one point that it stores the data in the expanded region of the rom.  Zelda 3 appears to store it's overworld tiles in a 32x32 format (I'm guessing that's the reason Hyrule Magic's overworld editor is set up that way).  So lets say you change a 16x16 tile within a 32x32 tile.  Does that mean your editor has to create new 32x32 tile that is then stored somewhere in the expanded region?  Or does it perhaps move all the data from a particular area that has been edited with zscream?

The reason I'm asking, is because I've already moved all the indoor data to the expanded region, and it's taking up a lot of space.  So with the indoor data, asm, and custom prologue and ending, I have to make sure there's room for it, lol.

Last edited by Jeimuzu on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 17:22; edited 1 time in total
Jeimuzu
Jeimuzu

ZScream Magic - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2015-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 17:21

Currently i've tried to keep it compatible with HM by using original format it would still be compatible with HM if it was able to `save` map data in expanded region, you can load the rom with HM but when you try to save since maps are moved to expanded region it give you an error

currently what the editor is doing for the overworld is recreating the tile32 data with your new tiles16 you are using then move maps in expanded region saved in tile32 format (fakely compressed)
zarby89
zarby89

ZScream Magic - Page 4 Image111

Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by zarby89 on Tue 16 Jul 2019 - 2:08

Updated to 1.5.2 Beta
there's a button now to change entrances data more easily just with the mouse
some minors fixes

i created a website for the editor Smile
https://zarby89.github.io/ZScreamDungeon/