SimCity

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

SimCity - Page 2 Empty SimCity

Patch v8 Final for US/FR ROMs (fix music pause/resume)*:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/SimCity-Patch-EnFrvGer_v8-Final.zip
* Please verify provided CRC checksums in readme file before using this patch. Please do not re-use old save games. In other words, erase your old SRM files or you will have problems.

PCM Packs

SimCity Restored* (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/gjJHSQ5T#NgZM1hEhM6JE5T-rwMgpNl_MW0NvQEeHuXsNoe4xbEo
*Restored by Pinci. YouTube playlist can be found here.

Shiryu PCM Sets:
#011 - SimCity: Chiptune Administration
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rrrxw5vovq415td/Shiryu-MSU1-011-SimCity-ChiptuneAdministration.zip
Preview

#012 - SimCity: Orchestral Administration
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a12x31fpxj4mgaq/Shiryu-MSU1-012-SimCity-OrchestralAdministration.zip
Preview

#013 - SimCity: Synthetic Administration
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a6hwx5ndat1q728/Shiryu-MSU1-013-SimCity-SyntheticAdministration.zip
Preview

Roland SC-88 Set.zip by Mr Wubbzy
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HgyQhdC83Q3lagg1nKlY87uG-ZqBkWPy/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 7 May 2020 - 15:08; edited 28 times in total
pev

SimCity - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

SimCity :: Comments

Relikk

Post Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 10:19 by Relikk

I'm on the latest firmware v0.1.7e, but my SD2SNES is the original Rev. F so I have to use the boost option in the menu to normalise the music.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 10:24 by pev

I wonder if there are multiple versions of SimCity? I remember somewhere in this forum of something similar about the wrong ROM version patched.

GinBunBun wrote:sd2snes is what I use.

But anyway, send me the link where you got your rom on a private PM (don’t post here). I’ll patch and try it out on Bsnes and have Kurrono or you re-test it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 10:46 by pev

And thanks Relikk for posting your Sd2Snes version. I don’t have one myself, and reallly, you all are my elite testers for weird things like this.

Anyway, this could just be something trivial (wrong version rom, files named incorrectly, etc). Let us wait and see for a response.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 3 Feb 2018 - 11:19 by Relikk

No bother.

As far as I can see there's only one version of SimCity, but there have been some regional dumps.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Feb 2018 - 10:07 by pev

Well, I’ll set this aside then, the game works for you and Kurrono. I’m good until something else turns up with this game.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:07 by alex_tenjo

Unfortunately the game is not working on my SD2SNES. I was never able to start it properly. I have tried to patch the game many times and even the 1.1 version give me the same corrupt title screen. I have triple check everything and I can say that there is no error on the file names or any missing files on the SD2SNES folder. I have made a picture of what is displayed on TV when I launch the game.

SimCity - Page 2 Simcit10

I would like to thank you for your time on that game pepillopev, even if I don't currently manage to use it, what you did is awesome.

PS: My SD2SNES is Revision G, firmware 0.1.7e.
CRC of the original game used: 8AEDD3A1
CRC of the game patched: B1377E12

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:12 by pev

Does the same patched rom you triple checked work on Snes9x or bSnes? If not, the ROM you are using may have a header. This patch is for a non header ROM.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:24 by pev

What is the CRC for the patch files? The ones I have:

BPS 2144DF1C
IPS 20CE0E86

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:30 by alex_tenjo

Thanks for your reply pepillopev, I will try the ROM on Snes9x or bSnes tomorrow (unfortunately I can't do it right now), but SNEStuff told me that there is no header on the original ROM used (at least it doesn't remove any header but add one when I push the button "Add or Remove Header" on the program).

I get back to you asap to let you know if I have the same issue with the patched ROM on emulators; thanks.

Also, I confirm I have the same CRC as you on both patch files.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:33 by pev

Use the lips.exe or flips.exe files included with the patch zip file and see if using the same apps I use work for you. I redid the BPS and IPS files too (just in case) and re-uploaded them as v1.2; I have been known to make simple mistakes around here. One last thing, I highly recommend you use flips.exe as it takes out the guess work out of the equation if you have a header or non-header.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:56 by alex_tenjo

Everything redone from the beginning and same issue, I do exactly as advised using the flips.exe provided (I already patch all my files using Flips 1.31, SNEStuff is there only to add or remove headers depending of what patches require).

Thanks for your time, I will try the patched ROM on emulators tomorrow and let you know.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 17:59 by Conn

I hope you didn't fry your sd2snes somehow Alex... If you are the only one having specific issues, this can be the case unfortunately...

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 18:23 by pev

I wonder if your SNES hardware needs its capacitors replaced. I remember Ikari mentioning that the Sd2snes is very power demanding and if the hardware is not up to snuff you will get issues. Especially when 3rd party power supplies are used.

If the patch works on emulation (proves at least patch is correct), then the next thing I suggest is trying a regular unpatched SimCity and some other msu game and see what happens. I wish you had another SNES to try it on (to isolate whether its the SNES or the cart itself).

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 18:43 by alex_tenjo

I hope not Conn but I don't exclude that possibility from the beginning. The strange thing is all other MSU1 games present on my SD2SNES work perfectly (before and now).
I currently have issues on four games: Killer Instinct, but I doesn't seem to be alone, a strange flash screen on Super Mario All Stars, random freeze on Final Fight 2 (it happen after long play session on that game, I haven't post that one because it's clear that I first need to know if it's my SD2SNES fault to don't bother everyone), and Sim City (for that title I got the same issue form the beginning, attempt after attempt). All the other 23 games installed on their last revision patch doesn't make any error/problem at all. That's why I keep in mind my SD2SNES can have a problem, but it's strange problem occurs only on specific game/situation and not randomly.

Sim City unpatched work flawless, I will try the patched version on emulators but my guess is that it will worked because the original ROM seems correct, the patch is the good version and the tool used is the good one. Maybe someone can check if the patched Sim City game CRC is B1377E12, if it's the case the problem is not with the file.

I own two Super Nintendo and four Super Famicom (and I always used original power supplier), but you're right pepillopev, I will try my other units and let you know, thanks for the tip I haven't think about it at all.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:27 by pev

I think I figured it out. Give me a sec to make some changes to the ASM code and I'll re-upload the new revision.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:35 by pev

alex_tenjo, get the v1.3 patch and see if it helps. Let me know what happens. Sd2snes guesswork sucks sometimes, I might just give in and get a SuperNT and Sd2Snes (just so damn expensive).

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 19:59 by alex_tenjo

Thanks for you work, I have just tested the new revision, there is a problem still, but there is also an improvement.
The problem is that corruption on the title screen is still there, but now music play, and the corrupted screen title is now "moving" (I mean the screen goes down on the city as the normal title screen does but with a corrupted display). Also, I can now press start and begin a new city! (With previous revision the game freeze and I wasn't able to do anything).
I will do more in deep test tomorrow, I had to sleep now; thanks again!

Sure it is, a SuperNT and SD2SNES are not the most affordable units...

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 20:45 by pev

alex_tenjo wrote:Thanks for you work, I have just tested the new revision, there is a problem still, but there is also an improvement...

I made another patch with different code, yet again. I only added the BPS file this time around (download link above). The file's name is: *sd2snes-fix-v2-scity-msu1.zip. Off to the races, yet again. Hopefully, this will be it.

* removed, did not resolve issue

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 10:14; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 7:08 by alex_tenjo

I have just test your last patch, unfortunately same screen title corruption on my two Super Nintendo (but the game is working, you can press start and begin on new city the same way that your previous patch allow me). I will try on my various Super Famicom asap to let you know if I get the same issue or not. Thanks for your time.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 13:10 by alex_tenjo

Here is a link for a video I have made to let you understand what's going on when I start the game with the last patch you made pepillopev (sorry in advance for the bad quality, the video was taken using my phone).

Sim City MSU1 - Title Screen Corruption (alex_tenjo SD2SNES)

Hoping it might help you.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 17:56 by pev

I see. Hmm, I am really not sure what is causing this GFX glitch. In my original patch, I discovered my loop table destroyed some native code. Fixing that, I was expecting that would solve your issue but not (at least now, you can start a game).

I remember encountering a similar issue with Aladdin and a free space area written with FFs. Any time, I would use this space it would cause GFX glitches on the final boss. I had to relocate my MSU code to a different free space area. This is what I did with the last patch you tried but again with no success.

What I can try is expanding the ROM, then applying the patch utilizing the added free space and see if this helps. I compared the original ROM and verified the free space vs the patched code (no native code was destroyed this time around).

The code is pretty simple (nothing complex). I could try coding a different way and see if it helps your case.

In the end, I’m at a loss on what is going on.

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 22 Feb 2018 - 10:16; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 18:41 by Conn

But... is alex the only one having this issue? Can other counter check whether it occurs for them as well? I think K tested it once on sd2snes and it worked.

Just want to exclude the possibility, it's indeed a hardware issue with alex sd2snes, since smallstars also has a strange issue Relikk at least couldn't confirm.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 18:48 by Conn

Uh, just threw a glimpse at your code:

ORG $00FB60
spc2msu:
PHP
PHA
LDA $2002
CMP #$53
BEQ msuFound
STA $2140 ; native code
PLA

PLP
RTS ; forgot this, oops!

Evil, but only in non-msu mode: you store the value at $2002 to $2140
correct would be to switch PLA and STA $2140:
ORG $00FB60
spc2msu:
PHP
PHA
LDA $2002
CMP #$53
BEQ msuFound
       PLA
       STA $2140 ; native code

PLP
RTS ; forgot this, oops!

All other stuff looks ok though as far I can tell... mmh.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 18:51 by pev

That was experimental code, Conn. I removed it for the last patch.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 21 Feb 2018 - 18:59 by Conn

Ok.

Analyzing the video alex sent, your code cannot be the culprit: you have only one hook and this is executed first with the music starting. But the messed up title screen is there from booting. Unless you didn't overwrite code in a free area that isn't free... which cannot be, since in this case this bug would also be visible in emulators... I am to 99.99%sure it is a problem with alex sd2snes. But these are only my 5 cents.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next