Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU-1 heavy damage themes

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU-1 heavy damage themes

IPS Patch to enable heavy damage themes for SNES SF2T.
Heavy damage themes, played at arcade versions when the life bar reaches low.
Patch merged with Conn's msu-1 patch, so one patch for all.

Tested at snes9x 1.55 and bsnes_v070.
Thanks to Conn for the original msu-1 patch.
Thanks to qwertymodo for helping.
Thanks to Randerson Pereira Cardoso.

Patch file (features Turbo v1.0 and rev v1.1):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/hd_sf2_msu1.zip

Complete pcm set by Relikk (normal plus additional heavy damage tracks):
https://mega.nz/#!E3IlwC7Q!kd8ns2af-w8ffFPeb4WyX1UT6Im1IyDptgdm9lrPMkk

HDRemix (CPS-2-remastered) PCM:s files by PittStone:
https://mega.nz/#!GW4n3SRJ!SEj1GmdyzbwXGGYdcUmDin90roXQR4HAhPIOwRSH8mY

CPS-2+ by gyaragax:
https://mega.nz/#!VeYW1TyK!ey1QUrzId6cREyS3YOpEXec5bC71oIi3kOyFwncobuA

Heavy damage pcm files 50=ryu until 61=dictator only:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiDfjZDI4xa1fu5gI

Note:
This patch is merged with Conn's patch already but you need a pcm set from the normal msu hack additional to the set above:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1456-street-fighter-2-turbo-msu-hack
Attachments
heavy damage only source code.txt Only for heavy damage patch source codeYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

Last edited by gizaha on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 7:01; edited 5 times in total

gizaha

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU-1 heavy damage themes :: Comments

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 16:58 by Señor Ventura

Awesome!!!... only left to fit the transitions of the music between rounds to be like the arcade, and then all the work will be done.

Good job!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 17:31 by Relikk

Looks like I've got work to do. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 17:38 by Señor Ventura

Relikk wrote:Looks like I've got work to do. Very Happy

Nah, really is a very great job already.

P.D: I need a rom without header to patch, right?

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 17:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 17:39 by gizaha

Conn have some patches to fade out the volume. I didn't have the time to test them.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 17:43 by Señor Ventura

The game stays hung on black screen, What i have done wrong?.

It starts, sound the music (with the msu1), and then it stays stucked (but with music still sounding to the end).

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 18:45 by Relikk

Señor Ventura wrote:The game stays hung on black screen, What i have done wrong?.

It starts, sound the music (with the msu1), and then it stays stucked (but with music still sounding to the end).

Indeed. The same for me. IPS patch applied on top of an already patched ROM... Try to start a game from the title screen, then it black screens and the title screen PCM continues to play in the background.

Tested using BSNES and SNES9X. Same result on both.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 21:46 by Conn

Without having looked into the code... I had a v1 with header, maybe the code is built upon that old version?
If the problem persists I'll check tomorrow what's wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 1:19 by Conn

It indeed works only with header.
Attached is a version for headerless rom, the zip contains 2 patches, one of them is merged with my patch (not tested, just checked the code - if you encounter problems let me know).

gizaha, feel free to edit/update your first post with this patch; usually roms do not have a header and most patches are for non-headered roms.

Fading addresses remain the same as for the turbo patch.
Attachments
heave_damage_sf2t_msu1_noHeader.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 7 times

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 4:29 by Relikk

Doesn't appear to be working on either patch. The heavy damage PCM's aren't playing.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 6:31 by Señor Ventura

I'm still having the same problem. I'm patching the same rom with different patches, and nothing changes.

There is not an explanation about remove headers in some thread over there?.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 6:36 by Relikk

Relikk wrote:Doesn't appear to be working on either patch. The heavy damage PCM's aren't playing.

With regard to this... Do we need a new manifest with the correct memory addresses and the new file names for this to work properly? Probably not as it doesn't work on SD2SNES, either. I don't know about these things, though. Smile

Señor Ventura wrote:I'm still having the same problem. I'm patching the same rom with different patches, and nothing changes.

There is not an explanation about remove headers in some thread over there?.

Look for the No-Intro set of ROMs. They're always clean dumps and headerless.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 7:00 by Señor Ventura

Ok, i found a rom that accept the patches.

The game works fine, although after the music changes to "damage version", it doesn't come back to the original state when the new round begins, and it is still sonding until the combat ends.

I think it is due to the music never cuts between rounds.

But the work is really near to act like the arcade version, and this is really good.
Actually the music changes when the damage is high, and i think that it only left the music cuts later, and not when the combat just ends (that is the only thing that remains to do).

Good job, really really good job Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 7:16 by Relikk

Strange. I can't get it to work at all. Are you using the v1 or the v1.1 ROM?

You probably need to hex edit the ROM and apply the fades and restarts on round change.

EDIT: Ok, so... The patch in its current state only works on the v1 ROM, not the v1.1.

Also confirmed that the fades work fine. Señor Ventura, you need to hex edit your rom with these values for arcade style...

Code:
theme restarts playing each round:
02/70316: f0 35 -> ea ea
02/703c7: ea ea ea -> 9c b7 1c
02/703e9: d0 1f -> 80 17

fade to zero each round transition instead fading to half:
02/704ab: 40 -> 00
02/704b1: 40 -> 05
02/704bb: 40 -> 00

Here are the heavy damage PCMs to match my release for this game for anyone that already has the stage themes and just needs the heavy damage themes:
https://mega.nz/#!FixjUbQY!0rr6P-60X28MtNlPjzgTHSFFdFV1tYw_90TJlgIBfno

And then a full release with stage themes and heavy damage combined (the original SF2 hack article will need to be updated with this link as the old one is redundant and no longer exists):

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:01 by Conn

EDIT: Ok, so... The patch in its current state only works on the v1 ROM, not the v1.1.
Isn't the 1.1 exclusively the Europe PAL version, and v1.0 the usual US NTSC? I think I ported Super SF2, but not Turbo.

Everything alright now? The "It works!", "It doesn't work!" in this thread is confusing Confused
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:26 by Relikk

There is a later US revision in the No-Intro set.

Works for me now after patching the v1, yes.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 10:58 by Conn

You'd need to send me a link to this version via pm if I shall check 1.1 (can't find it on google). Does my patch work with 1.1?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:00 by Relikk

There doesn't appear to be any major issues between revisions, but the new heavy damage patch didn't work with the later revision. The original patches worked just fine.

I'll send them to you.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:21 by Conn

Alright, thanks Very Happy
Check this out (as said, I only check and edit the hex, not tested). If any problems are encountered let me know
Attachments
hd_sf2_msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 11:37 by Relikk

Have it running in the background in demo mode and everything seems fine.

Thanks, Conn.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:06 by gizaha

Strangely enough, i forgot to add tracks 50-61 at manifest.bml, however it seems it isn't nessesary because it works.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:09 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:Ok, i found a rom that accept the patches.

The game works fine, although after the music changes to "damage version", it doesn't come back to the original state when the new round begins, and it is still sonding until the combat ends.

I think it is due to the music never cuts between rounds.

But the work is really near to act like the arcade version, and this is really good.
Actually the music changes when the damage is high, and i think that it only left the music cuts later, and not when the combat just ends (that is the only thing that remains to do).

Good job, really really good job Wink
I know. At arcade version, heavy damage starts at around 30% health. On snes, it starts at around 50% because it start early to linear speed up the music. I will correct this if i have free time some afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:12 by Relikk

gizaha wrote:Strangely enough, i forgot to add tracks 50-61 at manifest.bml, however it seems it isn't nessesary because it works.

Yeah it was just speculation as to why I couldn't get it to work, but when I tried it on my SD2SNES I knew they weren't needed.

Thanks to you and Qwerty also for this patch. I had always hoped it'd be possible to add these tracks in some way, but as more time went on I thought it's probably not possible.

Any plans to try and add the heavy damage themes to Super SF2 so we can give Conn some more problems to solve? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:20 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:Doesn't appear to be working on either patch. The heavy damage PCM's aren't playing.
Download the zip from the new youtube link description i post and also download the heavy damage tracks from my description and put them in the same folder.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:25 by Relikk

Did you read the thread? Very Happy It's sorted.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum