Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU-1 heavy damage themes

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU-1 heavy damage themes

IPS Patch to enable heavy damage themes for SNES SF2T.
Heavy damage themes, played at arcade versions when the life bar reaches low.
Patch merged with Conn's msu-1 patch, so one patch for all.

Tested at snes9x 1.55 and bsnes_v070.
Thanks to Conn for the original msu-1 patch.
Thanks to qwertymodo for helping.
Thanks to Randerson Pereira Cardoso.

Patch file (features Turbo v1.0 and rev v1.1):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/hd_sf2_msu1.zip

Complete pcm set by Relikk (normal plus additional heavy damage tracks):
https://mega.nz/#!E3IlwC7Q!kd8ns2af-w8ffFPeb4WyX1UT6Im1IyDptgdm9lrPMkk

HDRemix (CPS-2-remastered) PCM:s files by PittStone:
https://mega.nz/#!GW4n3SRJ!SEj1GmdyzbwXGGYdcUmDin90roXQR4HAhPIOwRSH8mY

CPS-2+ by gyaragax:
https://mega.nz/#!VeYW1TyK!ey1QUrzId6cREyS3YOpEXec5bC71oIi3kOyFwncobuA

Heavy damage pcm files 50=ryu until 61=dictator only:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiDfjZDI4xa1fu5gI
https://mega.nz/#!E3IlwC7Q!kd8ns2af-w8ffFPeb4WyX1UT6Im1IyDptgdm9lrPMkk

Note:
This patch is merged with Conn's patch already but you need a pcm set from the normal msu hack additional to the set above:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1456-street-fighter-2-turbo-msu-hack

Last edited by gizaha on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 7:01; edited 5 times in total

gizaha

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Street Fighter 2 Turbo MSU-1 heavy damage themes :: Comments

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:26 by gizaha

The rom i used might not have been patched my Conn but it was already patched from a user named Randerson Pereira Cardoso.
So i don't know what version of the rom he used.
If it is important, i can modify the patch to another version of the rom.

Last edited by gizaha on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:28; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:27 by gizaha

I got the rom from a youtube video description, packed in a zip file toghether with the pcm packed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHlUWXYKDMY&t=542s

That patch restart the track each round (as sf2ce did), thus after the heavy damage it plays the regular song again. It didn't had fade outs after match.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 13:37 by Conn

You might have missed this, I already adjusted your patch to work (I resend it - attached to this post).

If you are happy with it, please update the first post with this new versions
Attachments
hd_sf2_msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 14:16 by Relikk

MSU SF2 is now perfect. Very Happy

Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 16:53 by gizaha

Conn wrote:

You might have missed this, I already adjusted your patch to work (I resend it - attached to this post).

If you are happy with it, please update the first post with this new versions

Thank you very much. However i just correct the heavy damage theme to start at 30% health, just like the arcade. The correction is at (on my rom) 501A: 69 AF to be 69 BF.
What is the easiest way to adding this to the 2 patches of yours? Rewrite the patches?
I don't have the 2 roms to make it myself.
Adding this i think that makes it perfect

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:06 by Relikk

The damage is quite high on the SNES version, especially grabs and anything that's more than a 2 hit combo. While 50% is too early, I'd say 30% might be too late, so to speak. 40% could be the sweet spot.

It is up to you, though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:16 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:The damage is quite high on the SNES version, especially grabs and anything that's more than a 2 hit combo. While 50% is too early, I'd say 30% might be too late, so to speak. 40% could be the sweet spot.

It is up to you, though.
I did calculations on the arcade and home version. On the arcade it starts at 30% health. Full $90 (dec 144), heavy damage $30 (dec 48). 48/144=0.333 = 30%

That's i'm gonna put in snes.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:21 by Relikk

Adding heavy damage themes seems slightly redundant, then. They'll kick in and the round will be over before you'll have a chance of hearing them because the damage is too high.

Anyway, work away.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 17:25 by Conn

I sent you the 2 version link from relikk via pm.
You only need to change the hook. Best is you search for the byte string you hooked in 1.0 in 1.1. I think it was ad .. .. something. The 1.1 hook is some bytes later 27 vs. 32 or something.
I check later when I'm back home if you can't find it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:31 by fullgamezone

I took a test
works perfectly in 1 round. But in the 2 round the song is the same that ended in the 1st round, the song does not start, it does not restart, in the second round the song is as ended 1 round and with low volume as it finishes in the first after the sum of points.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:37 by gizaha

fullgamezone wrote:I took a test
works perfectly in 1 round. But in the 2 round the song is the same that ended in the 1st round, the song does not start, it does not restart, in the second round the song is as ended 1 round and with low volume as it finishes in the first after the sum of points.
I've notice it. Conn sent me a file merged with his patch and the result wasn't good.
Try again, i reupload a new patch (appy on a already patched rom).

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:40 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:

MSU SF2 is now perfect. Very Happy

Thanks all.

Try the new patch. The heavy damage starts at 33%, now it's perfect.
Also there were times in your video that tricked me, didn't knew if i watch arcade or snes version.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:41 by Relikk

Conn's patch defaults to the theme playing continuously and fading between rounds. You need to hex edit your ROM with Conn's code I posted earlier in this thread if you want the game to be arcade-like.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:43 by Relikk

gizaha wrote:Try the new patch. The heavy damage starts at 33%, now it's perfect.
Also there were times in your video that tricked me, didn't knew if i watch arcade or snes version.

I'll certainly try it, for sure. Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 18:51 by Conn

Is my help still required? Get 1.1 hook or whatever?

In your new patch file are 3 ips where I do not know the purpose of the third. Maybe a short readme is good. I'd suggest for simplifying that you provide only the merged version with optimal fade adjustment (guess theme restart each round is mandatory). The single patch without my patch preapppied doesn't work anyways and if it is preapplied reapplying the merged patch makes no difference...

Edit:
Here you go. It is your latest patch (30% health) merged with my patch and Relikk's adjustments to restart the music each round (otherwise you get the problem that the normal theme won't restart in the second round):

theme restarts playing each round:
02/70316: f0 35 -> ea ea
02/703c7: ea ea ea -> 9c b7 1c
02/703e9: d0 1f -> 80 17

fade to zero each round transition instead fading to half:
02/704ab: 40 -> 00
02/704b1: 40 -> 05
02/704bb: 40 -> 00

Feel free to use it for your first post. Included are both versions (1.0, 1.1) and a readme
Attachments
hd_sf2_msu1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by Conn on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 20:03; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 26 Jan 2018 - 19:59 by Señor Ventura

I have realized that i always have the same combats in the same order.

With bsnes the first one is always against zangief... but with nocashsnes the first one is against dhalsim, allways him.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 11:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 8:46 by gizaha

Conn wrote:Is my help still required? Get 1.1 hook or whatever?

In your new patch file are 3 ips where I do not know the purpose of the third. Maybe a short readme is good. I'd suggest for simplifying that you provide only the merged version with optimal fade adjustment (guess theme restart each round is mandatory). The single patch without my patch preapppied doesn't work anyways and if it is preapplied reapplying the merged patch makes no difference...

Edit:
Here you go. It is your latest patch (30% health) merged with my patch and Relikk's adjustments to restart the music each round (otherwise you get the problem that the normal theme won't restart in the second round):

theme restarts playing each round:

Feel free to use it for your first post. Included are both versions (1.0, 1.1) and a readme
I've just came home from work. Of course i will use it, as it's for common good.
Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 14:01 by Conn

Nice Very Happy
You forgot to attach it to the first post, so I edited it. Hope we are through with this process Smile
Ah, the attachment is only shown if you are on the first page of this blog, so I uploaded it on my bszelda server and posted that link in the first post

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 15:52 by Señor Ventura

The immediate problem is that there is so many version of the hack... nothing standardized.

For one side we have the color hack rom, for another side the one with the arcade sound fx for punches, and then a lot of hacks with undetermined ways of rules...

I have some time from now to the sunday, Wich hex editor can i use to edit the rom?.

I will try to achieve that the music cuts when the game starts the scoring, and not since one fighter is defeated (in the arcade version the music is still playing a little bit more than the snes version).

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:01 by Relikk

Merging the two threads might be a good start, but yeah, I think the way it is now with heavy damage and the fade outs after each round should be the default hack as that's the way the arcade is. The colour and sound effects hacks aren't really necessary.

Anyway, I'm not going to say any more in these threads for fear that Conn will hunt me down and kill me. He must hate the sight of this game by now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:29 by Señor Ventura

I'm trying to use the hex editor, but i have some problems... abot the concept, and about the directions itself.

I can't find these lines in the rom:

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:38 by Relikk

Ctrl+G (or whatever your "Goto" command is, or go to Search -> Goto)... Forget the slashes and put in 0270316 for example. The values it goes to should be F0 35, change them to EA EA. Do the same with the rest of the values listed. For example, the second line you go to 02703C7 and change EA EA EA to 9C B7 1C.

Doesn't the final patch in the first post have this done now, though?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 17:02 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:I'm trying to use the hex editor, but i have some problems... abot the concept, and about the directions itself.

I can't find these lines in the rom:

There is no reason to do that. The existing patch has the audio fade out each round

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 17:15 by Señor Ventura

Relikk wrote:Ctrl+G (or whatever your "Goto" command is, or go to Search -> Goto)... Forget the slashes and put in 0270316 for example. The values it goes to should be F0 35, change them to EA EA. Do the same with the rest of the values listed. For example, the second line you go to 02703C7 and change EA EA EA to 9C B7 1C.

Doesn't the final patch in the first post have this done now, though?

All right... i was searching the 70316 line xD

But, what about if i want to do that the music cuts just when the program do the scoring after a round, and not just when a fighter is defeated?.

I have the nocashsnes, and the debug says this in that point of the combat (just when the arcade, more or less, cuts the music):
Image:

gizaha wrote:There is no reason to do that. The existing patch has the audio fade out each round

In fact the patch cuts the music three or even four seconds before than the arcade.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 8:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 6:26 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:

I have the nocashsnes, and the debug says this in that point of the combat (just when the arcade, more or less, cuts the music):
Most apropriate solution it to move the lines of the code to the "you win" code. In arcade it starts fading when the "you win" is played and volume gets to zero when the screen it faded out.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum