Killer Instinct MSU-1

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Killer Instinct MSU-1

It has some arcade tracks, some from Killer Cuts and some Graeme Norgate remastered.
https://graemenorgate.bandcamp.com/album/remastered-rare-and-remxied

Apply on headerless rom US 1.1

IPS patch v2:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/KI_msu1.zip

Now works at sd2snes.

PCM tracks:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiERhDlDHZ_wcVDnc

A big thanks to Mattrizzle for explaining the dkc2 patch.
Thanks to Conn for helping for the sd2snes code.

Msu patch v2.0
What i would like to add in later versions (but i don't know if i can) from easiest to harder:
*Character portraits on char select screen, taken from arcade.
*Transparent cinder
*Co-co-co-co-co-combo breaker sfx instead of Co-co-co-co-combo breaker (like the arcade. Spc hacking. Sfx is 26
*One "combo breaker" sfx on vs screen (like the arcade).
*Heartbeat sound from spc every second decrease, like the arcade. Spc hacking.
*Different fatality sound for each character depending on fatality, like the arcade.
*Shadow position like the arcade.
*Slower end credits screen (to match the arcade duration).
*Black background for end credits like the arcade. Ki logo (bg1) appear when the guitar loop begins
*End credits add fmv to bg layer (like https://youtu.be/GUacmSQvaNA)
*Intro fmv with ultra64 logo etc taken from the arcade.
*Ending videos.
*Character bio videos.
*Vs screen videos.
*Character select 360 sprites from arcade (stream tilemaps with msu-1).
*Press start at character ladder, skips vs screen (like the arcade)
*Show the "enter initials screen" without fade out the current, even we don't have framebuffer (like the arcade)

Optional mini patches from the above list:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiHSDg2jevDlWo1yz

Various WIP screenshots included in this folder.
*Press a key on character ladder skips to battle, like the arcade. (not arcade perfect result yet)
*Skip fade in and fade out at character select/ladder screen, like the arcade.
*Upgraded end credits to look more arcade.
*Better combo breaker sfx in battle mimic the arcade.
*Eyedol bridge stage has Cinder music (like the arcade).
*Character select the p1 square is Red and p2 is green (like the arcade). Also
char selection start from TJ combo instead of jago (like the arcade).

This hack took me 3 years and countless hours after midnight (because of dayjob) watching other ips patches and trying to learn assembly. If you like it you can donate any tip you want, even $1 at paypal gizaha1@gmail.com
Attachments
KI_msu1 v2.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 12 times

Last edited by gizaha on Mon 26 Mar 2018 - 17:13; edited 20 times in total

gizaha

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Killer Instinct MSU-1 :: Comments

Post on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 15:26 by pepillopev

Good job, man. And welcome to the team. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 15:30 by gizaha

I wish to enjoy it. And the music choices as well.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 15:44 by Conn

Much thanks Smile I think this was a wish by many people!

I edited your patch file:
Featured:
- better is to have a permanent server link than attach it to a post - these attachements can only be downloaded by registered users
- added a msu file
- added a manifest (xml is luckily not longer needed)
- added a short tutorial

Feel free to use that bszelda server link (permanent) or take an own for your first post (or edit it further).

Last edited by Conn on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 6:36; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 15:45 by pepillopev

You did fantastic, man. The music blends in perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 17:24 by gizaha

That was the target, thank you. But again i cannot understand why this game is last on the msu releases, why no one vote for it. I thought it has lots of fans.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 16 Feb 2018 - 19:01 by pepillopev

Not sure why either. Conn was correct, a lot of people did request it but the votes never reflected the demand.

Nevertheless, there will plenty of people that will appreciate this release. You can count on that.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 2:00 by kurrono

Great job Gizaha...aseembly feels like a redbull.some kinda drug.. can't stop being on this..is like u finsh a game..u want to hack another.. Craaaazzzzyy hehehe ..Awesome on ur killer instinct game hack. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 5:48 by Señor Ventura

This is a big one, congratulations. If you finally do all of this pending stuff it will be incredible.

I only complain for not have had this version of the game (look these animations):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8vSiN424jw

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 8:38 by Shiryu

Excellent work man! I still have my CIB European PAL copy of this including Killer Cuts audio CD, I played a ton of this on both arcade and SNES. Will upload video and spread the news video before the day ends if possible.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 12:07 by Shiryu

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 13:51 by gizaha

Conn wrote:Much thanks Smile I think this was a wish by many people!

I edited your patch file:
Featured:
- better is to have a permanent server link than attach it to a post - these attachements can only be downloaded by registered users
- added a msu file
- added a manifest (xml is luckily not longer needed)
- added a short tutorial

Feel free to use that bszelda server link (permanent) or take an own for your first post (or edit it further).

Thanks a lot, i was tired and i was forgot all of these.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 13:59 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:This is a big one, congratulations. If you finally do all of this pending stuff it will be incredible.
Based on the available time and the resources i have, I'm not sure i can get it all before i die. It would be better for other people to take them separately, or co-op with me.

Señor Ventura wrote:
I only complain for not have had this version of the game (look these animations):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8vSiN424jw

Please, i'm trying to forget this version. It hurts me too!
If i find time i will search in rom, i hope the full animation of some characters is included but disabled.

Last edited by gizaha on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 14:53; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 14:18 by gizaha

Shiryu wrote:Video up!
I tweeted it over to the game's artists and composers, hope they like it.
Tell them to give us some unreleased ki2 snes music.
Also the original complex guitar riff is perfect. It's pitty no one respected it and didn't reuse it anywhere. Instead, they use the simple riff.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 14:26 by Shiryu

I do hope one day the 99% finished KI2 on SNES surfaces somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 17:44 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:If i find time i will search in rom, i hope the full animation of some characters is included but disabled.

The best way is to add theses animations, just like it does with the streets of rage 2 hacks, in what there are some characters with large animations.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 17 Feb 2018 - 18:41 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:
gizaha wrote:If i find time i will search in rom, i hope the full animation of some characters is included but disabled.

The best way is to add theses animations, just like it does with the streets of rage 2 hacks, in what there are some characters with large animations.
This is very hard. I prefer something from my checklist.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 15:58 by gizaha

Shiryu wrote:Video up!

You edited the patch. It's not arcade faithful to mute the music between screens, sounds like downgrade.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:13 by Shiryu

Nope, I did not touch anything. This was recorded on bsnes+ v073+3a, latest stable build. Perhaps it behaves differently on snes9x v.155?

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:20 by gizaha

Strange, I test it at bsnes 0.70 and 0.88 as well, on accuracy mode and performance, toghether with snes9x. It doesn't have mute time between screens.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 16:38 by Shiryu

Then this is very odd indeed. Another MSU-1 mystery added to to the list. Confused

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 19 Feb 2018 - 18:04 by kurrono

Gizaha ki msu1 dont play on my sd2snes..is like mute playing

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 12:33 by gizaha

kurrono wrote:Gizaha ki msu1 dont play on my sd2snes..is like mute playing
Then something msu related might be missing from the folder, like .xml file, .msu file or whatever. I don't hade sd2snes nor i remember the specific setup. Check other msu games that work on you sd2snes and compare what's missing or what's different.
For sure it's not the patche's problem.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 16:49 by alex_tenjo

I have a close kurrono issue's on my SD2SNES, the difference is that it's not always muting but randomly. Sometimes the sound works as intended but most of the time there's no sound (other than SFX sounds of course). I have start combats without sound and as soon as the theme increased (I mean when a power bar of one of the player goes red), you can have the sound back (you also may have the exact opposite, no sound for the full combat, or full sound without any issue but it's rare). I have tested it for more than an hour and I can't find any explanation of what it's going on, it happens completely randomly on similar circumstances.

Whatever is the problem, many thanks for the work achieved on that patch gizaha.

PS: My SD2SNES is Revision G, firmware 0.1.7e.
CRC of the original game used: 09E9A04E
CRC of the game patched: 22A65B34

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 16:52 by mankodax

I have this same problem playing on the sd2snes

The initial sound is not there, the Orchid stage not, the Jago and Cinder stage yes, and some songs yes and others dont...

alex_tenjo wrote:I have a close kurrono issue's on my SD2SNES, the difference is that it's not always muting but randomly. Sometimes the sound works as intended but most of the time there's no sound (other than SFX sounds of course). I have start combats without sound and as soon as the theme increased (I mean when a power bar of one of the player goes red), you can have the sound back (you also may have the exact opposite, no sound for the full combat, or full sound without any issue but it's rare). I have tested it for more than an hour and I can't find any explanation of what it's going on, it happens completely randomly on similar circumstances.

Whatever is the problem, many thanks for the work achieved on that patch gizaha.

PS: My SD2SNES is Revision G, firmware 0.1.7e.
CRC of the original game used: 09E9A04E
CRC of the game patched: 22A65B34

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum