Macross Scrambled Valkyrie

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Macross Scrambled Valkyrie - Page 2 Empty Macross Scrambled Valkyrie

PeV Patch v1.1:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u6d1gkqwhy8o2kg/msv-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.1.zip/file

Audio Sets
RocketBlast "Macross" Set: LINK*
PeV "Robotech" Set:LINK

Track Map List:LINK

* Lowered volume per OMorty's request

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 18:59; edited 38 times in total
pev

Macross Scrambled Valkyrie - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Macross Scrambled Valkyrie :: Comments

smokemonster

Post Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:21 by smokemonster

Super NT won't be getting MSU-1 because from what I understand, it doesn't have enough RAM. Don't quote me on that,  but I wouldn't wait for SNT. Plus with Super FX on SD2SNES now, you have another reason to get one Very Happy

@Conn I'm happy to test if you let me know what to look for. Should I just listen for buzzing during track changes?

Last edited by smokemonster on Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:30; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:24 by Conn

Yes exactly, just play the EWJ1 in sd2snes, and check whether it works or whether there is a buzz heard on track change... also a short check of EWJ2 would be nice (this one wasn't tested on sd2snes yet).

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:32 by smokemonster

I just played it some more on SD2SNES and the music cuts out during Stage 1. I don't hear any buzzing between tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:33 by pev

@smokemonster, once there is full compatibility then I can see the $200+ justified. Until then, I'm fine taking the emulation route.

This aside, for EWJ2, after you leave the title screen, start a game (your first music transition will be there, listen if any buzz occurs). Same for EWJ1 (title screen going into first stage).

Back to top Go down

smokemonster

Post Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:36 by smokemonster

OK, I don't hear any buzzes there. I'm listening through headphones on a Retro Duo Portable though, which makes it hard to hear anything subtle.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 12 Apr 2018 - 15:49 by Conn

Ah thanks a lot! Then it was either fixed in a later firmware, or is related to my nmi hook that I usually make. The STZ $2006 at this place is no harm, but good to know it's obsolete Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 13 Apr 2018 - 20:08 by Shiryu

Thanks for your hard work on yet another of my personal favourite shmups on the Super Famicom. I actuallywrote the game review for Nintendo Life a couple of years ago. Good times!

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:23 by Shiryu

PepilloPEV, have you been removing my videos from the threads?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:28 by pev

Yes, from my pages since I already have my video posted on my topic. We had this discussion before that I’d prefer my videos for my topics.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:30 by Shiryu

Forgive me, that was not what I had understood. In fact, there was no 'discussion' at all. As you mentioned you didn't need my videos and I said I was going to keep making them in order to further give exposure to all your projects, I didn't think I was doing something wrong by posting as a single reply on the thread. Silly me, I believed it was some sort of forum bug since I was pretty sure I had posted a video here yesterday. Very Happy
Keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:33 by pev

No problem. I’m sorry if I was not clear in our last discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 19:34 by Shiryu

No harm done. Razz

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 20:09 by Conn

It's also always a hard decision for me whether I replace the videos with yours. I recently did it with walter's soul blazer video but don't know if this leads to irritations. Don't get me wrong, your videos are from perfect quality and you have a high visitors number on your channel helping to provide the news.
But sometimes some authors may highlight special scenes in the game and thus want to keep their video where it is see-able.
I once edited the posts by the original authors replacing it but came along to not do it anymore (that soul blazer was an exception). I leave that to the original poster of the first post whether he wants to replace it. Therefore it took so long at lemmings e.g., I didn't know the kurrono plans.

Pev, as moderator you now have the power to edit other people's pots at your liking, but I usually do this only as exception, it's kind of a strange feeling if other people see their posts edited. It's still a private thing. I usually only do that if it is offensive, or I edit important first posts in a more proper English if necessary.
I don't think there's harm if people post videos in a thread, it's rather a great thing if they contribute it! It's your decision whether you place it in the first post, but deleting it from a regular post might be regarded a bit harsh Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 20:18 by pev

Conn, I only removed it from my posts. I made it clear that I preferred my videos on my topic. It’s fine if others want to make videos but do not post on my mine w/o asking me first.

I could care less if others post videos elsewhere as long as it’s not mine without asking first. If this bothers you, then please do what you feel is the correct course of action. The outcome will not bother me either way.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 20:31 by Conn

It's fine if it bothers you. I'm sure shiryu won't post a video in your threads anymore anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 20:43 by Shiryu

What we had here was just a very minor miscommunication. Again, there was no 'discussion' prior to this, good ol' Peps here just mentioned he would not be using my videos on his initial project posts (which by the way was never my intention, as everyone here is well aware, I have been doing all these years before joining the forum) and in no way was I made aware that I was not supposed to post the videos that I still to to put up on my channel, credited and pointed to the project thread as I always do. So I was a bit confused when I noticed my videos where gone from the threads since Pep assumed I was under the impression that I was not supposed to put my videos here. I didn't meant any disrespect to anyone here in the forum, so that all there is to it. In fact, I am just lucky / worked very hard to be in a position where I can actually make a video and get it out to the press and my subscribers who are mostly retro-gamers, i.e. the correct people who will benefit and appreciate the work put into these projects.

On another note: Shouldn't we set up a Discord channel where people could talk in real time chat and thus avoid such future miscommunications?

PS: I will not post gameplay videos, but I will post future sound pack releases.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 20:55 by pev

Shiryu, don’t jump the gun now. Nobody said anything about not posting videos, just my posts. It’s just a anal thing with me. It bothers me when stuff is added that has already been done (if a video is already there, if another gets added w/o asking, it bothers me). You have done this to me a couple of times, and even Conn replaced my videos with yours in the past too. I’m not cool with that. Just ask me if it’s ok. That’s all I want.
Other people may be fine with this. I’m not.

And indeed, it was a miscommunication, when you said you will still make videos, I took it as you making for your YouTube page, not continuing to post on my topics after a video is already is up.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:06 by Shiryu

See, that is why you're wrong there; I have never done this to anyone. As Conn stated, it his him who sometimes adds my videos to the first post, not me. I'm not here to 'steal' anyone's thunder. I am here of my free will and free time to help the word get out on these projects and when I have so more free time, to contribute PCM soundpacks for the games. You made your choice perfectly clear now, but you did not do so on the first time you mentioned you were not using my videos on your first post. Do you see why Connn says that what you're doing is a bit harsh? No one here even picked up that 'it bothers you' until the moment you wrote it.

Bygones, no harm done, carry on the good work. As I said today 6 hours ago to one of my subscribers, you're always working on my favourite game and I will always be grateful for that.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:09 by Conn

As you  say, miscommunication and no harm taken Smile
Speaking out my point of view, I always search YouTube videos for new msu1 videos. For me it's kind of appreciation of the hard work I put into this. And if I see new posts in a patch section it's at 90% a bug posted (kinda like ooh noo. Again turning my stomach)... so watching a gameplay is always an appreciated variety to me. So in my threads, please continue, even if they are not taken into first post.

But I also can understand you pev, that you are bothered by this and see it obsolete, maybe spam. I remember somebody thanking for every msu patch in one day Very Happy
I think in such cases, a pm would be a good idea to prevent confusion.
And yes, sorry that I edited your posts, I felt it was no good action so I stopped doing this - I should have asked you rather than editing your posts without permission... Same thing now maybe where I said, that it can be seen "harsh". That is why I edit or delete other posts only as exception. And ask via pm or in the thread if that's ok from now on.

I hope we all agree here and all is good?

Edit: I better replace walters video again Razz

Last edited by Conn on Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:15 by pev

Yup, I was harsh. After re-reading the posts, I see in my anger, I leave important details out. I’m causing more confusion. For that, I am truly sorry.

Ok, what I meant, every time I already went through the work of making my videos, you’d post your own and Conn would remove mine with yours. This is what I did not make clear.

I am truly done now. I already overblown this way out of proportion. Just ask, buddy. At least, I’ll know not to go through the hassle if someone else already has a video.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:26 by Conn

Yes, in the end shiryu want to support us and he does a great job on this. Through nintendolife and his videos he reaches many people. And that's why we work so hard: for the people, to make them happy. As puzz mentioned, romhacking doesn't pay bills. We are a small community and that's what I wish: to support each other. E.g. my release go this way: I do code, kurrono or relikk makes pcm,  shiryu the video or whatever.

Alike shiryu and everybody else you are very important for the community pev, and doing all the patches in the meantime on your own without needing my help is an impressive and amazing evolution you took!

So no further miscommunication, please Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 14 Apr 2018 - 21:28 by pev

Understood

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:45 by pev

@Shiryu Dennis S (a fellow you-tuber that found my page), contributed his own PCM set featuring the Macross Japanese OST (this should please a lot of people).

Wink

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 30 Apr 2018 - 20:47 by Shiryu

Uuuuu! I need to give it a try!

Back to top Go down

Rockslam

Post Fri 11 May 2018 - 23:56 by Rockslam

This anime soundtrack is awesome. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: