Prince of Persia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

20180506

Post 

Prince of Persia Empty Prince of Persia






Prince of Persia patch by Conn:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pop_msu1_patch.zip

Sega Mega CD PCM's by Relikk:
https://mega.nz/file/QigDlYhQ#fnh8s0sDKNBTD9qzVKeZy6YteIH2Kgg8lTXoXjFuRtY

PC Engine CD PCM's by Relikk:
https://mega.nz/file/p65zhaaR#TBqNUGPB3vI6ir0WN9X8cnHer0Q2EwoRb00Iz9h6EKo

Notes: There are more stages and tracks on the SNES version than there are on both CD versions. So both packs are, in a sense, hybrids. The Mega CD pack contains two tracks from the PCE CD version, and one SPC track from the original SNES soundtrack to fill in the gaps. The PCE CD version has it's own tracks but the SPC and the Mega CD tracks fill in for the missing tracks there. It's possible to rip the PSG soundtrack from the PC Engine CD version, but they are low quality and don't really fit, and considering that the Mega CD soundtrack upgraded those very same tunes, I decided against including them.

The video above shows the intro's and the first stage for each version.

This hack was a long process and required a lot of skill and patience on the coding side from Conn. The game required extensive testing and while there are a few minor bugs with themes that are still present, we are happy to release it as it is now. There shouldn't be anything game-breaking in there.


Last edited by Relikk on Thu 25 Mar 2021 - 17:46; edited 2 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Prince of Persia Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: redditgoogle

Prince of Persia :: Comments

avatar

Post Wed 16 May 2018 - 17:05 by Shiryu

Video up!



Sorry for getting this one done so late, this remains my favourite version of the game. Great work!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 17 May 2018 - 4:25 by Relikk

Glad you like it. Many thanks, Shiryu.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 17 May 2018 - 4:47 by Conn

watching your video I tested a bug source... and succeeded Smile

When you are in L1 and drink the bottle and get to the enemy while that bottle drink jingle is played, the title screen music is played $A0(160) instead bosss fight $A1(161). But I only managed to archive this by replacing 232.pcm with a longer lasting pcm, so I see no need to fix this... right?

Back to top Go down

walter10h

Post Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 19:51 by walter10h

I don't suppose you guys have a tracklist handy do you? I be wantin' to make a PCM pack.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 5:25 by Conn

Maybe Relikk has that left, if not you need to go the hard way using msu2wav to see which pcm corresponds to which theme...
Attachments
Prince of Persia Attachment
msutools.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(3 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 10:11 by Relikk

Sadly I don't have a track list. I've noticed it's the one thing I never keep when tracks are finished.

Code:
wav2msu pop_msu1-3.wav -l 74132
wav2msu pop_msu1-6.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-13.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-18.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-23.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-25.wav -l 246628
wav2msu pop_msu1-33.wav -l 246628
wav2msu pop_msu1-38.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-47.wav -l 74132
wav2msu pop_msu1-99.wav -l 246628
wav2msu pop_msu1-109.wav -l 41553
wav2msu pop_msu1-128.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-129.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-130.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-131.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-133.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-136.wav -l 46664
wav2msu pop_msu1-141.wav -l 280196
wav2msu pop_msu1-160.wav -l 119626
wav2msu pop_msu1-161.wav -l 53576
wav2msu pop_msu1-191.wav -l 246628
wav2msu pop_msu1-200.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-232.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-233.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-234.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-235.wav -l 74132
wav2msu pop_msu1-236.wav
wav2msu pop_msu1-237.wav -l 2999
wav2msu pop_msu1-238.wav -l 53576
wav2msu pop_msu1-242.wav -l 3246
wav2msu pop_msu1-247.wav -l 76397
wav2msu pop_msu1-248.wav -l 46664
wav2msu pop_msu1-249.wav -l 74132

That's from my wav2msu BAT file. Any tracks with loop commands that have the same numbers would be stage themes, loop commands with individual numbers would be title screen, ending, maybe bosses etc. And anything without a loop command would be an incidental theme like a small or large potion or sword pickup etc.

Easiest thing to do would be to flick through a Sega CD/Mega CD playthrough on YouTube and match the themes I used to the in-game events. Or maybe someone has an MSU1 playthrough of the game.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 9:34 by shadowAOD

is it normal that the music stops playing entirely if you're loading from a save state?
is there a way to restart it if you load a state?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 9:48 by Relikk

It should be fine on an emulator like BSNES or Snes9x, but on something like an SD2SNES it's normal, even with non-MSU1 games. The best thing to try would be to pause the game and then perform a save state, but that depends on whether the music stops when the game is paused.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 9:49 by shadowAOD

Relikk wrote:It should be fine on an emulator like BSNES or Snes9x, but on something like an SD2SNES it's normal, even with non-MSU1 games. The best thing to try would be to pause the game and then perform a save state, but that depends on whether the music stops when the game is paused.


I'm using snesx9 v1.60 for the game, the music pauses when the game is paused but resumes when I unpause. its when I'm loading from a save state that I have this problem.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 9:57 by Relikk

No idea, then. Conn had a pretty torrid time coding this patch, so it's up to him to investigate if he wants to, and I don't blame him if he doesn't if it's not something simple.

I can confirm that this happens in Snes9x when the game is paused and a state is performed, the music doesn't resume when the state is loaded, but the music is fine when a save state is made during normal play and then loaded.

The problem does not happen in BSNES Plus. Both methods of saving and loading perform as intended. It's quite possible it's a Snes9x issue.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 10:57 by shadowAOD

Relikk wrote:No idea, then. Conn had a pretty torrid time coding this patch, so it's up to him to investigate if he wants to, and I don't blame him if he doesn't if it's not something simple.

I can confirm that this happens in Snes9x when the game is paused and a state is performed, the music doesn't resume when the state is loaded, but the music is fine when a save state is made during normal play and then loaded.

The problem does not happen in BSNES Plus. Both methods of saving and loading perform as intended. It's quite possible it's a Snes9x issue.

The music restarts when I drink a potion to restore health or when the exit door opens,seems another music needs to play to fix the problem.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 11:55 by Conn

I looked into the code and do not think it's a problem with it, though other mutes work (e.g., super street fighter 2).

I assume it is a snes9x bug, since it also does not occur on bsnes... I think this should be addressed here:
https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 12:16 by shadowAOD

Conn wrote:I looked into the code and do not think it's a problem with it, though other mutes work (e.g., super street fighter 2).

I assume it is a snes9x bug, since it also does not occur on bsnes... I think this should be addressed here:
https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/issues

should I create the issue?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 13:34 by Conn

Yes please. I don't consider this bug much an issue though, it can be easily avoided.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 15:08 by Conn

I bypassed the problem by instead stopping the msu1 (STZ $2007) I muted the volume (STZ $2006) and made it full on play again. Works now on snes9x.
New patch is here:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pop_msu1_patch.zip
(clear browser history, bug in firefox, it takes the download from the history otherwise, new patch name is pop_msu1.bps, date from today)

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 15:32 by shadowAOD

Conn wrote:I bypassed the problem by instead stopping the msu1 (STZ $2007) I muted the volume (STZ $2006) and made it full on play again. Works now on snes9x.
New patch is here:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pop_msu1_patch.zip
(clear browser history, bug in firefox, it takes the download from the history otherwise,
new patch name is pop_msu1.bps, date from today)
Tried this out and it works
Thanks for the help ^^

Back to top Go down

Brutapode89

Post Thu 25 Mar 2021 - 17:36 by Brutapode89

Is it normal that I can't download the patch and there's not PCM tracks anymore?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 25 Mar 2021 - 17:47 by Relikk

The patch link is fine. There seemed to be a problem with the PCM links. OneDrive must be having issues as I can see the files and there are no red flags, but I've changed the links to my backups on MEGA.

Back to top Go down

Brutapode89

Post Thu 25 Mar 2021 - 18:15 by Brutapode89

Oh, alright! I managed to download PCM packs. It's strange, my PC is... I don't know what I can say.

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 5:03 by shadowAOD

One last thing, is it normal that there's no music when fighting the multi-limbed boss that jumps around?
or is there a track in there that's supposed to be playing but is missing from the PCM pack?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 5:49 by Conn

I guess not... but I'd need something like a password or so to see what's happening there.

And something like a time here, where that boss is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZtkPZih-3s

Edit. Ok found him, Level 17, time 1:26:00. I'll check

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 8:09 by Conn

mmh, that is a strange bug, but the code also got sort of weird due to the complex music engine this game uses.

I think I fixed, redownload
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pop_msu1_patch.zip
after clearing browser history. bps size is 524 bytes

Back to top Go down

avatar

Post Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 17:34 by shadowAOD

Conn wrote:mmh, that is a strange bug, but the code also got sort of weird due to the complex music engine this game uses.

I think I fixed, redownload
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pop_msu1_patch.zip
after clearing browser history. bps size is 524 bytes

Problem is still there unfortunately Sad

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 26 Mar 2021 - 17:42 by Conn

Can you send me a savestate, bsnes plus, and also the version number (unfortunately the versions are not compatible).
I need to make exceptions, I found that theme 96,97,98,99 are played depending on the savestate you use. So you have another one, not mapped

Edit:
I figure out a more elegant solution with relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum