Cover Art Contributors: Polargames, LordMonkus

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 12:20; edited 9 times in total

pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Wild Guns :: Comments

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 5:15 by pepillopev

@Relikk Never mind, I figured out how to get the loop values from the PCM itself using a hex editor.

@saviorx Give me a moment. I will upload the batch file and give a brief description on how to redo the PCMs easily with your desired volume.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 6:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 6:23 by pepillopev

@saviorx Dowload the RAR file from this LINK. Make a backup of your original Wild Guns PCMs too.

Make a folder and copy the Wild Guns PCMs and decompress the downloaded RAR file into that same folder. Now open up the wguns-msu1.json file with a text editor of your choosing (see image below).

Average normalization values in some games range from -20 thru -26.

Once you save the json file after changing the normalization value, run the redoMSU.bat or redoMSU-alt.bat file and it will redo the PCMs with the louder volume setting referenced from the json file. Once the batch file is done, you will only be left with the re-normalized PCMs. Copy these new PCM files back into your Wild Guns MSU1 folder and see if the volume is to your liking.

Play around with the normalization value until you find a volume level that works for you. Much luck.

P.S. Keep in mind the closer you get to zero, the louder and more distorted the music will get (audio clipping). Anything in the positive range will be very distorted. I also recommend copying a fresh PCM set every time you make changes. Do not reuse the PCMs you already converted!

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 12:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:22 by Relikk

All of the loop points are spot on except for one. Track 112 is listed in the JSON as 291022. It should be 340492.

And if anyone is using the the alternate track 80, the loop point for that is 291022.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:37 by pepillopev

@Relikk I got those values straight from your PCM set (unless I have old versions of those tracks). Either way, I will correct them. Thanks for the update.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:41 by pepillopev

@Relikk I see the difference, I'm using the alternate boss track, so my value in the json file is correct. Your 340492 applies if you want to reuse the same boss theme (which I chose to use an alternate track). So no mistake on my end, just an oversight. Nonetheless, I will change the loop point to match track 76 (as it is suppose to be the same theme as 112 in your set).

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:43 by Relikk

I really don't know why I didn't notice that.

Ugh, I'm a twat. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:46 by pepillopev

@Relikk No your not, silly. I'm glad you brought this up. I have to create separate JSONs for using an alternate track for Bonus Stage and Train Boss.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:50 by pepillopev

@Relikk From my link I'm missing your alternate track 80. Can you repost your link to get it?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:51 by Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:55 by pepillopev

@Relikk Thanks. Let me sort this mess I got myself into then I'll post both your PCM link as Primary and mine as backup. Then update the JSON files.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 8:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 12:15 by pepillopev

@saviorx, @Relikk Ok, I updated the JSON file. Now you will see two JSON files. redoMSU.bat is for the original set layout. redoMSU-alt.bat is for the alternate track 80 and 112.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 8:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 23:00 by saviorx

@pepillopev Holy crap, excellent info. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 8:16 by pepillopev

@saviorx Make sure to redownload the PCM set (either link will work). The previous one you downloaded was missing the alternate Track 80. This is only if you plan to use the alternate redoMSU-alt.bat file. Overall, the PCM set should have 21 tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum