GweiloGopher's Questions

Go down

GweiloGopher's Questions Empty GweiloGopher's Questions

Post by GweiloGopher Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 20:22

EDIT:

Is there a way to give the hero a red boomerang without the fairy? For some reason the red boomerang item for the chest only gives the alternate 300 rupees. I guess I could use the fairy as long as there is a way to turn off upgrading the shield since that is an item later on in the game.

How can I spawn a mimic (the enemy that does the opposite movement of Link) instead of a green rocklops? I can't find the common thread among the existing mimics in the game.

6 dungeons have been completed as well as the overworld. In total 90ish% percent done.

Thanks for the help so far, everyone!

Last edited by GweiloGopher on Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 21:06; edited 3 times in total

GweiloGopher

GweiloGopher's Questions Image213

Since : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

GweiloGopher's Questions Empty Re: GweiloGopher's Questions

Post by Puzzledude Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 20:24

GweiloGopher wrote:Hello,

I've recently finished the second dungeon of my hack and am having an intermittent glitch. Occasionally when falling through a pit, upon landing Link and all enemies have some glitched arrows under their sprites. I can't seem to consistently recreate the parameters that cause it. The dungeon involves falling through this pit multiple times, maybe 10% of time playthroughs encounter this issue.

Let me know if any of you have ever figured this issue out. Thanks again! (One more issue and I'll make a multiple question post next time)
I've seen this before. It is the ZSNES emulator issue. Could also be a corelating problem between the rom and the emulation, so it could still be fixed, but no one figuered out the fix yet.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by GweiloGopher Sun 3 Mar 2019 - 22:41

Bumping topic for the new edited question.

GweiloGopher

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 0:57

How can I spawn a mimic (the enemy that does the opposite movement of Link) instead of a green rocklops? I can't find the common thread among the existing mimics in the game.

Here you go:

https://www.zeldix.net/t446-changing-the-rocklops-into-mimics

Floki

GweiloGopher's Questions Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GweiloGopher Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 22:01

Bumping topic for a new edited in question

GweiloGopher

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 13 Apr 2019 - 11:47

Is there a way to give the hero a red boomerang without the fairy? For some reason the red boomerang item for the chest only gives the alternate 300 rupees. I guess I could use the fairy as long as there is a way to turn off upgrading the shield since that is an item later on in the game.
This is because the game does essentially not see the difference between the blue and red boomerang when checking for it under alt-treasure.
So if red-boomerang/alt is 300 rupees, it will check: have boomerang?, answer which comes back is: yes, ie blue boomerang, so give alt, is 300 rupees.

Thus you need to edit the alt treasure. Table for alt treasure starts at 3B528. And your item, ie red boomerang is at 3B552.

So at 3B552 change the byte 46 into 2A, or 46 into FF.

Now the game will do this:
if red boomerang/alt is (also) red boomerang= byte 2A,
so: have boomerang?, answer is yes, if you have blue boomerang,
then give alt treasure, which is red boomerang, and thus: upgrade.

If byte is changed to FF, then the whole thing is:
-if red boomerang/alt is nothing
-if no alt, give red boomerang in all cases.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down