Luigi's Mansion on snes with msu-1

Go down

Luigi's Mansion on snes with msu-1 Empty Luigi's Mansion on snes with msu-1

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 14:20

Hello everyone, I saw a video on youtube luigi's Mansion 2D 16-bit on PC, like on the super Nintendo.

My question is: Is it possible to convert the pc game into snes game with the MSU-1?

video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PjPX_wA1E&t=15s

Last edited by D2DEZEL on Tue 13 Nov 2018 - 7:46; edited 1 time in total
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-10-30

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion on snes with msu-1 Empty Re: Luigi's Mansion on snes with msu-1

Post by Colines Mon 12 Nov 2018 - 20:05

MSU-1 is pretty much only a custom mapper which makes use of unused hardware (though used by the Super Game Boy and Satellaview) inside the SNES to allow 4GiB worth of data and stereo 44.1khz PCM audio streaming.

It doesn't increase the SNES capabilities in any way except allowing more data storage. The stock console without any additional chips is very much capable of streaming audio and video data, but with companies restricted to 12MiB cartridges at best, the feature was just impractible.

So to answer your question: If the game's resources are replicable, do not exceed, or are compatible with the ones offered by the SNES hardware, yes, it's possible.
Colines
Colines

Luigi's Mansion on snes with msu-1 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Tue 13 Nov 2018 - 7:53

Great then, I would have to find someone who would be able to do it. I am still novice with the roms hack. It would be great to have a Luigi's Mansion on Snes and with the MSU-1
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GinBunBun Wed 14 Nov 2018 - 1:38

D2DEZEL wrote:Great then, I would have to find someone who would be able to do it. I am still novice with the roms hack. It would be great to have a Luigi's Mansion on Snes and with the MSU-1

Sorry to say but it's just not going to happen. The amount of work required to port the games code to the snes not to mention redoing all the graphics to meet the snes capabilities would be huge man. Just because a game on PC is 2d doesn't mean it can just be easily ported to a system like snes. I will say having a 2d demake of luigi's mansion would be pretty sweet on snes but the possibility of it happening might as well be zero.
GinBunBun
GinBunBun
Witch
Witch

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down