Lufia II: Rise Of The Sinistrals

Go down

Lufia II: Rise Of The Sinistrals

Patch by Conn:
Patch Link

SourJovis Arranged PCM's by Relikk:
PCM's Link

Notes:
The game is far too long to post a video that represents the patch being used. Except for the intro, the gameplay is from a TAS with the soundtrack placed over the relevant parts of the game to give an idea of what the music sounds like. Hence the lack of SFX. If you want to hear the full soundtrack you can head over to SourJovis' YouTube channel and listen to this playlist.

Special thanks to emuandco for testing the patch during development.
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Lufia II: Rise Of The Sinistrals :: Comments

Polargames

Post on Fri 14 Dec 2018 - 22:43 by Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:19 by Highblade7777

Awesome! I know it might be out of the realm of possibilities but it would be great if it worked with Frue Lufia or the standard FixxxerDx patches.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 19:26 by PittStone

Very Nice. Can you make the patch compatible to the German Version of Lufia 2, please? That would be Awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 19:35 by psalmsamuel

Highblade7777 wrote:Awesome! I know it might be out of the realm of possibilities but it would be great if it worked with Frue Lufia or the standard FixxxerDx patches.

Those patches don't appear to touch the, sound tracks.  But the problem, those patches change the size of the ROM FILE, if the game has internal checksum, then that is the answer, it just won't work.  And none of them do.

The only think I can think of, tedious though, is to compare vanilla with MSU patched for changed ................ then then "frue lufia or spekkio" hacks, see if doing it manually helps, so you can skip past any file location changes due to expanded rom size.

(I'd settle for just a few fixes, not even all, just the ones that crash the game when playing it!!!!) (Big thanks for this my first comment, Big Fan Here)

EDIT

mediafire.com file/uqujw1blaws7o7c/Lufia-Patches_v3%2864%29.zip

FOUND the link to some patches here, i'm sure some of them work, haven't tested anything though!

EDIT

the "expanded rom", "music menu or music patches", are the likely cause of the compatible problems (which like you said "fixxer deluxe" and those "all in one patches do"...........my guess, the general fixes in the three folders from different authors, patch, different issues, just patch, and then check with emulator if it boots after you first apply the MSU-1 patch.  (since the patches only seem to modify one or two hex values not related to MSU-1, in most cases)

Last EDIT (haven't try anything though, none of this may actually work!)

Well, "Relnqshd", and "Artemis", most of those patches don't use expanded rom, they say if they do. With an added note, I'm avoiding anything that mentions,*Sprite, *Translation, or *IP Cost (skill costs) ..... (including a few, idiot patches like fixing the "suicide glitch in ancient cave" (no need to use cheats!)

(Poor man games in the past recycle sprites with different colors ............... the expanded rom patches, add information so they disable that, but, not using those, there's no need to disable sprites or mess with that)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 7:51 by Conn

Very Nice. Can you make the patch compatible to the German Version of Lufia 2, please? That would be Awesome.
While I understand port requests especially for RPG:s, please note that I cannot port all games to pal. So this is an exception.

Redownload the patch from first post and you find your desired patch in the german subfolder Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 10:16 by Highblade7777

Well now its off to see which patches i can slam onto the rom! The way I see it the main issues that need fixed are the two glitched layout rooms, the wrong Gades glitch, Erim using her proper spells, and the egg dragon HP overflow glitch. The last of which is already compatible with the MSU due to the editor that can fix that.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 10:44 by PittStone

Thank You Conn.
I Understand that. I especially mean only German Versions of RPG, too. Woot!!
Nice Holidays, to all. Spin

Conn wrote:
While I understand port requests especially for RPG:s, please note that I cannot port all games to pal. So this is an exception.

Redownload the patch from first post and you find your desired patch in the german subfolder Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 12:38 by psalmsamuel

Highblade7777 wrote:Well now its off to see which patches i can slam onto the rom! The way I see it the main issues that need fixed are the two glitched layout rooms, the wrong Gades glitch, Erim using her proper spells, and the egg dragon HP overflow glitch.  The last of which is already compatible with the MSU due to the editor that can fix that.

i guess you mean the "submarine shrine - AC99 Bug", glitched map? ... the rest are some random collision field issues in specific spots, if you press against the walls.

Well then,

Lufia-Patches_v3 for MSU-1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FiushrlHENtiyJ_6ghRLToCIO-okvhXq/view?usp=sharing

(No "Arty2Artea" name change used, (angel to girly name), no "Bunny Girls Sprite Patch" (hooker patch), no "Master Suicide Glitch Fix" (Gift Mode only Final Boss, no reason to excessively grind, nothing carries over not items or anything) (You can apply those three yourselves)
(The rest that don't crash the rom are applied, no patches, from "Rainponcho" are applied (uses expanded rom base, breaks the MSU-1 mod)

1. Patch to MSU-1 (without header)
2. Patch the MSU-1 Rom to have a header (with header)
3. *Reverse Alphabetical Order use patches in "Artemis/Miscellaneous"
4. *Alphabetical Order use Patches in "Artemis/Glitches"
5. *Alphabetical Order use Patches in "Relnqshd/General_Patches"

*Note (choose the non-lite or most update to date patch if there is more than one in a folder, or your preference)

Other Bugs that have patches you can't use, or the Bugs were introduced themselves in the "Expanded Rom Hack Patches" ................ they did fix a few sprite issues, beyond what is present, by expanded rom, or they introduced the bugs themselves.

Don't care about the Translation Patch, but if that worked, there's a few grammer fixes for that to revert some spell names, check the original patch releases, these are just files i tested to save you time.

"Retry Mode = EASY, Gift Mode = Ancient Cave only taken form the main Game as a challenge, no special benefits or item carry over (no reason to play it really, but, the unlock patch for those does work, at least)" (Pointless Modes Anyway!) (Edit, no dirty cheats!)

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 16:44 by Highblade7777

And that is perfect, without adjusting rom size it looks like the bugfixes and the MSU work just fine together.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 20:48 by psalmsamuel

(Removed the HEADER, after patching, to fix the black screen with lr-snes9x on the retropie 3B+)

(no header for MSU-1 patch, then add header for bug fixes, finally remove the header before using the emulator, current version built from source .... .... .... rather avoid playing snes on the pc because it borning compared to the regular tv like old times)

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 12:42 by Highblade7777

Ok did testing and while the standard editor for Lufia 2 can be used and is compatible the ancient cave derandomizer is not. I had almost thought it ok as you can actually start a game and play a while after using the randomizer but it causes a conflict with the skill ring making it unusable and progress impossible. All other patches seem to not conflict.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 31 Jan 2019 - 15:40 by Highblade7777

Final Note, I just recently completed a play-through of the game and found no issues with the patch.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post on Thu 31 Jan 2019 - 23:16 by Polargames

Highblade7777 wrote:Final Note, I just recently completed a play-through of the game and found no issues with the patch.

That's great to hear :-D, I hope the game was fun also.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum