Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1)

Go down

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Empty Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1)

Post by NoNameSD on Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 15:33

This is my first MSU1 pack, so I would be grateful if you could tell me if something is too loud or too quiet.
The YouTube Channel Jammin' Sam Miller used the original uncompressed samples from Donkey Kong Country and recreated almost all songs from the game. He also uploaded them to his Dropbox.

Not all songs are currently done, so these have still the original audio in PCM form.
(Will be updated when they're done)

Update 1: Northern Hemispheres added

All currently uncompressed Songs

Aquatic Ambience
Bonus Room Blitz
Fear Factory
Forest Frenzy
Funky's Fugue
Game Over
Gangplank Galleon
Ice Cave Chant
Jungle Groove
Life in the Mines (Unfinished)
Mine Cart Madness
Simian Segue
Theme
Treetop Rock
Voices of the Temple
Northern Hemispheres

Download patch

Download pack

Last edited by NoNameSD on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 7:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : YouTube Link for Northern Hemispheres added)
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1)

Post by Polargames on Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 23:26

@NoNameSD, Hello and welcome first of all. Now for your pcm pack. I have to say what I have listened to so far on your video, everything sounds fine on it, nothing IMO is to soft or loud, but you tube does add compression to the audio so that might be a factor. So I did play dkc with your pack on the newest version of snes9x 1.58 and it did sound awesome. Now for the most part things sounded just right. I have very good speakers and the sound coming from them was good. Now there are a few things that I think need to be fixed. First the start of level one, when the song reaches the high note, you might want to lower it a bit. The pitch is a little ear numbing at least for me. The first underwater level when I believe its a horn that blows, that also should have its pitch also a bit lower also. But so far on my end it was awesome. Now I know I have told you what I think needs to be fixed, but do not fix anything yet. Keep doing what you have so far and when they are all done, I would release it and wait. What can be to high on my computer, could be 100% fine if a person is playing the game on the sd2snes cart. I would hate for these songs to be fix asap if they do not have to be. I hope you understand. Other wise congrats and keep up the fine work and I hope my post has helped you out. :-D. P.S I also made box art for the pcms for dkc to match with the list that we have here. I hope you do not mine it. I can send it to you in a PM if you want to see it :-D

Last edited by Polargames on Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 23:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)
Polargames
Polargames

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Empty Re: Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1)

Post by Conn on Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 5:45

Much thanks for your contribution, I added your pcm pack here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1484-donkey-kong-country-1#21731
(first post, last entry).
If you change anything (either new themes or following Polargames suggestions) it would be great if the google drive link remains the same (less maintainance for me) and inform the people about the changes (either this thread or the patch thread).
Conn
Conn

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by NoNameSD on Fri 12 Apr 2019 - 8:03

Polargames wrote:@NoNameSD, Hello and welcome first of all. Now for your pcm pack. I have to say what I have listened to so far on your video, everything sounds fine on it, nothing IMO is to soft or loud, but you tube does add compression to the audio so that might be a factor. So I did play dkc with your pack on the newest version of snes9x 1.58 and it did sound awesome. Now for the most part things sounded just right. I have very good speakers and the sound coming from them was good. Now there are a few things that I think need to be fixed. First the start of level one, when the song reaches the high note, you might want to lower it a bit. The pitch is a little ear numbing at least for me. The first underwater level when I believe its a horn that blows, that also should have its pitch also a bit lower also. But so far on my end it was awesome. Now I know I have told you what I think needs to be fixed, but do not fix anything yet. Keep doing what you have so far and when they are all done, I would release it and wait. What can be to high on my computer, could be 100% fine if a person is playing the game on the sd2snes cart. I would hate for these songs to be fix asap if they do not have to be. I hope you understand. Other wise congrats and keep up the fine work and I hope my post has helped you out. :-D. P.S I also made box art for the pcms for dkc to match with the list that we have here. I hope you do not mine it. I can send it to you in a PM if you want to see it :-D

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad that you liked it!
And yes, I would love to see the box art you made. Very Happy
NoNameSD
NoNameSD

Uncompressed DKC music back into DKC (MSU1) Image110

Since : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum