Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) Empty Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US)

Patch v3 (10/18/2019 Damcyan Castle remapped):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ff2j_msu1.zip

PCM Packs:
- Final Fantasy IV OCRemix & Others-Set Edited presented by darthvaderx v2 (damcyan castle separated)
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bJYHqG0C5oJ9tieYZzgoR8zBSg3f2VvE

- Kurrono set fixed by darthvaderx v2-
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ErxV4JlSjQ0nvO38Tf7ofRqUP0Zm2cN/view?usp=sharing

- Mathew Valente's Synthetic Origins presented by Brett_d92:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G89ey947l_ww1OQ2diCg7OqF_-JlJ34U
YouTube Preview

Enterprise Edition PCM Pack:
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12TQwjxEcVGJTYl4y5DwegdDWrSTdG_O5
To use with the FF4: Free Enterprise Project: http://ff4fe.com/

Note:
- Get any Final Fantasy IV rom (US or Jap), non-headered! E.g., name is Final Fantasy IV (Japan) (Rev 1).sfc!
- Optionally: Apply any  translation patch.
- Check your rom size (some translation patches expand the rom to 1.5 MB). Ensure your rom has no header (some translation patches require one, if, remove it before applying the msu patch)
 - If your rom size is 1 MB, apply ff2_msu1_1MB.ips
 - if your rom size is 1.5 mb apply ff2_msu1_1.5MB.ips

Last edited by kurrono on Wed 14 Aug 2019 - 1:21; edited 2 times in total
kurrono
kurrono

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Final Fantasy IV (J) / Final Fantasy II (US) :: Comments

kurrono

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 4:02 by kurrono

sorry wasnt the american version.. i like Cecil with his dark power beam..not on Usa version.. is onJap and translated

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 7:54 by pev

@Kurrono Congrats on your release, my friend. Well done. Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 8:01 by Conn

I edited the release a bit, and inserted two version, because the original 3.21 patch is for headered rom and expands the rom to 1.5 MB. So it is better to have a merged patch.

The original patch is for an expanded rom (min: 1.5 MB) and should be compatible with any other translations (hopefully). Most translations expand the rom themselves, if they don't lunar expand is needed.

I explained it in first post. Also I did some bug prevention fixes in the original release...

Congrats Kurrono also from my side Wink

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 10:10 by Shadowrun

thanks to both of you !
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 11:13 by darthvaderx

Is there a possibility to release your patch compatible with the American version?
I would like to play it with the best SNES FFIV translation to date: Namingway Edition.
Finally congratulations on your great work. Smile

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 12:56 by Shadowrun

Suspect
well.. I downloaded - twice - the PCM part, and I have some errors with decompression (I'm using Winrar, last version....)

Last edited by Shadowrun on Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 14:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 13 Aug 2019 - 13:10 by Polargames

Great Job Kurrono Very Happy, Cannot wait to play this. Keep up the awesome work. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 9:03 by Highblade7777

Odd request but when I downloaded the PCM's track 128 and 189 were corrupt.  Any chance those two could be linked separate or do I just need to try to redownload the entire pack?  Also using Winrar, maybe thats the issue

Edit: Used a different unzip program but got the same issue.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 9:40 by darthvaderx

I would like to make another soundtrack using the best of remakes and orchestrations coming from ost, but with the condition of compatibility with the American version, (and consequently with the Namingway Edition, Project II and others hacks).
Would this be possible?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 10:12 by pev

@Highblade7777 I contacted Kurrono and made him aware of the issue. He is the only one that has the source audio. Hopefully, he responds. Much luck.

UPDATE: I asked Kurrono to send me those two corrupted files. I will update the whole set upon receiving the tracks. @Highblade7777, I will send you the two files via PM (save you the hassle of downloading the whole set). Stay tuned...

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 11:23 by pev

darthvaderx wrote:Would this be possible?
@darthvaderx Sure, it is always possible, but at this moment in time, a FF2-US MSU-1 patch is entirely up to Kurrono. At this moment, I only have the desire to just maintain what is already been released. I can only presume Conn is in the same mindset. I do wish your request will be made in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 12:06 by Highblade7777

Thanks for the assist! Going to have to make a full play through of this soon.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 21:53 by kurrono

Hey guys thank u . .I'm sending To Pev the 2 corrupted pcms ..now ..I had a busy days selling Sub sandwiches here in Florida

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 18 Aug 2019 - 8:11 by pev

kurrono wrote:Hey guys thank u . .I'm sending To Pev the 2 corrupted pcms ..now ..I had a busy days selling Sub sandwiches here in Florida
@Kurrono Your PCM pack is now fixed. Thanks for sending the two tracks. The files will be available shortly. Smile

@Conn The download link has changed for Kurrono's set. Please update your master list accordingly. Smile

@Highblade7777 I PM'ed you just the two files. Smile

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Sun 18 Aug 2019 - 12:12 by kurrono

Thank u Pev Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 18 Aug 2019 - 12:16 by pev

@Kurrono Not a problem.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 18 Aug 2019 - 14:20 by Conn

@Conn The download link has changed for Kurrono's set. Please update your master list accordingly.
done, thanks for the heads up Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Aug 2019 - 17:07 by pfraktall

The pcm links are not working for me. Says file does not exist for each part

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Aug 2019 - 17:09 by pev

@pfraktal I just tested it and works on my end w/o issue. Have you cleared your cache, closed browser, and opened it up again and retried?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 22 Aug 2019 - 19:45 by pfraktall

I got it working. I'm on my phone and had to grab the app for that site. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 0:36 by darthvaderx

I just tested the patch with the 'Final Fantasy II (USA) (Rev 1) .sfc' rom (expanded to 1.5 MB) and to my great surprise it worked perfectly !!!
This gives me the green light to start making my own soundtrack, stay tuned ...

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 1:31 by darthvaderx

I am already starting to convert the tracks and rename them, very soon it will be ready.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 2:00 by kurrono

Guys ur lucky..the patch works with USA version no need take another patch..opcodes are same spot as the Jap..version..other games is not like that...Lucky

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 3:38 by Conn

Nice, I adjusted the instructions in first post Smile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next