Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 Empty Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch)

Patch* and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C
*Apply on headerless US 1.1 ROM

Light patch (only music for SD2SNES)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sOpDIBma5u_Khazl2hR7HULS5mfZaDWV

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites. Ignore all previous patches. Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.
gizaha

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) :: Comments

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 14:52 by gizaha

Conn wrote:@Relikk
since Gizaha figured out the bug source it is obsolete now to test with the zelda msu file
It's not possible.

@gizaha
maybe you can edit the patch only with v2,v3 etc, so people know when there's a new file and do not have to download the complete set with every update made (that's the reason I always keep pcm and ips files separated Very Happy )
Usually, ki.msu does not need to be downloaded. The ips patch must applied to a new file every time (keep a clean headerless file's copy). Pcm are not affected.
In my onedrive folder i put date code in the subfolder. I don't want to put versions because multiple builds done every day and the numbering will be worst than chrome and firefox.

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 16:19 by alvarogold

gizaha wrote:                                

Ignore all previous patches.
Released 28/10, as the arcade Killer Instinct release date.

MSU-1 IS NOT ONLY FOR PLAYING PCM MUSIC.

You can stream graphics, fmv, sound, sprites.

Apply on headerless rom US 1.1

Patch and sound/data files:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah8ksmUOX0QQiR-hlWgB-wczn08C

I just tried the update that you have done and improved all the graphic defects that I had seen, the only thing that remains to be done in my opinion to make it 100% is:

In the selection of fighter all the rotating animations of the characters are equal to the machine, cinder, saber and jago have them and it would be great to see that in all the characters.

all the shadow movements can be added to the characters.

and finally the elevation of eyedol when you do an ultra.

Already with this the hack would be at a point of perfection that I doubt someone exceeds. Very Happy

Sincerely, this rom hack is the best I've seen in a long time, LOL, thanks for the time you dedicate to this friend.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Wed 30 Oct 2019 - 16:21 by alex_tenjo

I have just tested your last version (ROM CRC after patching : E5BC355E), exact same issues on my SD2SNES Pro (and in case you wonder, I have also update ki.msu).

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Oct 2019 - 13:27 by gizaha

In the selection of fighter all the rotating animations of the characters are equal to the machine, cinder, saber and jago have them and it would be great to see that in all the characters.
I already have the sprites. I explained the reasons why i didn't put them already.
Pay homage to the beta snes rom with more frames.

all the shadow movements can be added to the characters.
Is not as easy as you think. Shadow frame object is missing, and vram is limited. HOWEVER i already create the object but keep it disabled for now.
You can try tj combo hold HP, bf+release HP when you have breaker, mimics shadow with grey sprite.

and finally the elevation of eyedol when you do an ultra.
I rushly put amateur code, just enough for having both eyedol death fmv. If i disable my code for first death, ultra will be fine, but eyedol will always falling down.

Already with this the hack would be at a point of perfection that I doubt someone exceeds. Very Happy
Not because is mine, but as i can see it's the most advanced msu addition. I will be happy if someone exceeds because evolution is a good thing and MSU is underused.

Sincerely, this rom hack is the best I've seen in a long time, LOL, thanks for the time you dedicate to this friend.
You're welcome.

Please don't point me the differences from the arcade. Believe me, i know all of them, in pixel perfect accuracy, in frame perfect detail. I programmed most of them and keep them disabled temporary, because they aren't ready. My day job makes me tired.
Also instead of telling me what's missing, check what's included there are hundrends, just the average user will not see them.
HOWEVER i respect demand and i will try to include whatever is possible. My todo-list is still huge.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 31 Oct 2019 - 15:50 by Conn

I'd love to see a changelog of all implementations you did. I do not know KI at all and therefore cannot see all the differences, what makes me curious, you added CD music, a video... but I never heard about that sprites can be streamed as well Blue2

Maybe you also consider publish your source code (if you want to keep it private, no objections of course Wink )?

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Oct 2019 - 16:35 by gizaha

Conn wrote:... but I never heard about that sprites can be streamed as well Blue2
I wish this pushes other guys doing better than that. MSU1 documented it's possibilities crystal clear in it's webpage.
I will release changelog, but not so soon because it will break the surprise effect.

Maybe you also consider publish your source code (if you want to keep it private, no objections of course Wink )?
Hard decision because:
I might die some day. I'm not such a jerk to keep it private, but i don't want to release it because the whole project will be "frankeistein's monster", everyone will put it's own stuff and continuity will break. Personally will hurt me treating my codes like that and everyone will claim codes as his own. If you want a job done, do it yourself. If my project is bad, i take whole responsibility myself.
Also there is no change everyone will read 97 asm codes and 450kb of text.

The older my code the more mess it is. Comments aren't always in English, i used slang and "inner words", so it will be a bit hard for someone to understand.
Another problem is that before Killer instinct, i knew nothing about assembly and snes (just did a small sf2turbo patch). So old codes aren't written well. I'm embarassed to show them.

But:

If someone expirienced needs parts of my code OR other tools i created (image qunatizer, sprite creator, there wasn't ANYTHING on the web) for doing a job, i might give it to him.

If someone wants to work toghether with me, i will be open to talk about it.

If someone like Strafefox or Gamehut plans to spend video time about things i've done, i will be happy to help. I agree to give my codes to be public shown and analyzed, in order to help others get the idea and/or make better.

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Thu 31 Oct 2019 - 17:05 by alvarogold

gizaha wrote:

Please don't point me the differences from the arcade. Believe me, i know all of them, in pixel perfect accuracy, in frame perfect detail. I programmed most of them and keep them disabled temporary, because they aren't ready. My day job makes me tired.
Also instead of telling me what's missing, check what's included there are hundrends, just the average user will not see them.
HOWEVER i respect demand and i will try to include whatever is possible. My todo-list is still huge.

I know that you fully know everything related to the game, otherwise we would not have the results already obtained in your hack, I only mention what it would take to make everything 100%

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Oct 2019 - 17:33 by gizaha

I know that you fully know everything related to the game, otherwise we would not have the results already obtained in your hack, I only mention what it would take to make everything 100%

Not fully, but in a big part. No offense, but you mention only the tip of the iceberg of things that missing.

A small example:
Arcade accurate the rest of fatalities.
Shadow frames.
Knockout falling frames.
Stage knockout code (orchid's seavor etc)
Player particles (glacius mist, sabrewulf bats, cinder flames etc)
Better explotion particles with fixed xy positions and more frames and area.
Transparent health bars with opaque player names.
Scrolling transparent health bars with zoom at start of battle.
FMV at char select (lightning at char select is fmv)
Shadowed previous character portraits in ladder.
Transparent frames mimic with dithering or real transparency.
Player moveset restoring functions and objects.
Combo name sprite (triple super etc) with it's glow frames.
More acurate stage graphics (carpet at sabrewulf's stage, correct sky at cinder's).
Prerendered stages (i think it's possible if they are 2bpp)
SRAM battery backup for high scores and settings.
Arcade end credits.
and many more.

Food for thought of how many things were missing from the game, while how many things were originaly programmed by Rareware in arcade.

And not to forget it:
"Available for your home in 1995, only at nintendo ultra 64". It may be late 24 years late, but this promise is fulfilled.

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 1 Nov 2019 - 0:17 by kurrono

Hey Great Job!! Gizaha!!

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Fri 1 Nov 2019 - 3:04 by kurrono

Damn that Orchid stage the dam tv there works..that's amazing it was before a ki logo..haha ...u shut my mouth completely....Absolutely amazing Job!!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 1 Nov 2019 - 17:41 by gizaha

kurrono wrote:Damn that Orchid stage the dam tv there works..that's amazing it was before a ki logo..haha ...u shut my mouth completely....Absolutely amazing Job!!
Video from arcade fight mode is 60fps Wink Pitty it don't show the whole screen like arcade.
Also orchid tiger is 60fps. 26 freaking frames for one single move

Back to top Go down

alvarogold

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 3:47 by alvarogold

Working devices for this hack:

Android (retroarch core snes9x)
Playstation classic (retroarch extreme or retroboot core snes9x 2019 or 2016)
Pc (retroarch core snes9x or 2016, bsnes or bsnes plus)

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 4:02 by D2DEZEL

Android (snes9x ex+)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 13:23 by gizaha

alvarogold wrote:Working devices for this hack:

Android (retroarch core snes9x)
Playstation classic (retroarch extreme or retroboot core snes9x 2019 or 2016)
Pc (retroarch core snes9x or 2016, bsnes or bsnes plus)
It's written based on bsnes accuracy. Normally it would be running also at sd2snes perfectly, but unfortunately i don't have one to test it, and communication with people that have it, would take ages to debug.
Someone rich can give me one for free if he can.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 13:42 by Conn

What's about higan? It's closest to real hardware, but still needs a bml
https://www.zeldix.net/t1789-create-a-bml-file-for-higan

Another idea is to provide your old patch for sd2snes,sure it doesn't have all nice additions like video, but until sd2snes is debugged that's probably the best to come up with?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 13:54 by Retroplay

It glitches in Higan v106.

Intro FMV is fine but in-game it's all messed up.
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 1j7k00
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 2ynk77

Bsnes v112 also has issues.
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 31sk4z

Last edited by Retroplay on Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 14:12; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pics)

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 14:16 by gizaha

Conn wrote:What's about higan? It's closest to real hardware, but still needs a bml
https://www.zeldix.net/t1789-create-a-bml-file-for-higan

Another idea is to provide your old patch for sd2snes,sure it doesn't have all nice additions like video, but until sd2snes is debugged that's probably the best to come up with?
Sd2snes can never be debugged. No one will ever give me one for free, and remote debugging will take a week for 5 minutes of work if i had one in front of me.
Also no one is gonna pay for this work.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 14:19 by gizaha

Retroplay wrote:It glitches in Higan v106.

Intro FMV is fine but in-game it's all messed up.
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 1j7k00
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 2ynk77

Bsnes v112 also has issues.
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 31sk4z

Hdma works good i see. Only problem seems like sprites from msu.
You can try a match jago vs jago. If i'm right, it would be perfect.
What version of my patch you used? (latest 20191103).
What's Higan advantage over bsnes plus accuracy?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 14:26 by Retroplay

Aaah, I didn't know you updated the patch 2019-11-03.
I was using 2019-10-29 files.
All is fine now with 2019-11-03. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 14:32 by gizaha

Glad to hear it! Nothing's better than "all is fine now".
(check glacius, i put the mist object)

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 14:47 by Retroplay

Small video, just beware, I suck at beat 'em ups. Very Happy
https://streamable.com/q7ls4

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 5 Nov 2019 - 15:10 by Conn

Sd2snes can never be debugged. No one will ever give me one for free, and remote debugging will take a week for 5 minutes of work if i had one in front of me.
Also no one is gonna pay for this work.
Tell me my life Very Happy
That's our fate, I'd be rich if all my hours of work were paid reugular. Among all others here who did an incredible job!

Here's your old patch from 21/Feb/2019, if it works flawlesly on sd2snes, why not add it as sd2snes_lite patch? At least those who own a sd2snes will have music then...
Attachments
Killer Instinct (Arcade Mega Patch) - Page 2 Attachment
ki_old_20190221.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 29 Nov 2019 - 22:57 by alphons

Hi man!, great job!, I´m really interested in making these kind of hacks too, but I must confess that I know nothing about programming, I´d like to know where to start. You said that you´d like to see more hacks like this, well, so do I. Couldn´t find anything on the Web, seeing this KI hack, makes me wonder, what could become of games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. Please point me in the right direction, and continue this excellent hack. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Nov 2019 - 9:42 by gizaha

alphons wrote:I´m really interested in making these kind of hacks too, but I must confess that I know nothing about programming, I´d like to know where to start. ...

First, you must love snes. Otherwise it will not work
There are plenty of helping pages in the internet.
https://wiki.superfamicom.org/65816-reference
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Super_NES_Programming/SNES_Hardware_Registers
https://wiki.superfamicom.org/registers
https://wiki.superfamicom.org/backgrounds
http://helmet.kafuka.org/msu1.htm
many others and of course anomie's regs.txt
It's important to being able to find all these by yourself by googling.
Then use asar compiler and try to wrote simple things in a test rom.

I can't help you from distance while trading messages. Programming knowledge would help, but a good programmer is not someone that know stuff, but someone that adopts in the enviroment AND overcome limitations. That's why specific programs/converters were written, in order to achieve things in ki code like sprites, fmv or particles.
A good start is to read source code of hacks and use bsnes-plus for trace the code and understand details.
I find assembly easier than any high level shit, because rules are rules and they don't change.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 2 Dec 2019 - 20:21 by alphons

gizaha wrote:
alphons wrote:I´m really interested in making these kind of hacks too, but I must confess that I know nothing about programming, I´d like to know where to start. ...

First, you must love snes. Otherwise it will not work
There are plenty of helping pages in the internet.
https://wiki.superfamicom.org/65816-reference
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Super_NES_Programming/SNES_Hardware_Registers
https://wiki.superfamicom.org/registers
https://wiki.superfamicom.org/backgrounds
http://helmet.kafuka.org/msu1.htm
many others and of course anomie's regs.txt
It's important to being able to find all these by yourself by googling.
Then use asar compiler and try to wrote simple things in a test rom.

I can't help you from distance while trading messages. Programming knowledge would help, but a good programmer is not someone that know stuff, but someone that adopts in the enviroment AND overcome limitations. That's why specific programs/converters were written, in order to achieve things in ki code like sprites, fmv or particles.
A good start is to read source code of hacks and use bsnes-plus for trace the code and understand details.
I find assembly easier than any high level shit, because rules are rules and they don't change.

Thanks for answering and for the data, I´ll definitely try to do something with this, like I told you before, I`m super interested in importing sprites and adding frames, basicly the same thing you did with this hack you made, if you have any additional info regarding this, will be welcomed. thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next