Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/i23z5n0prwb8ero/contra_mhd_nea.zip/file

A U D I O  P A C K S

Gryzor (Japan) Mesen HD MET Music Pack:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dxjbf7oi38y41oc/Mesen-Gryzor-MET-HDPack.zip/file

Gryzor (Japan) Mesen HD Vomitron/MET Hybrid Music Pack:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/17m8pkwkn4pjkop/Mesen-Gryzor-VomitronMET-Hybrid-HDPack.zip/file

This is only for the Mesen or RetroArch (with latest Mesen core) emulators! Not real hardware!

Last edited by pev on Wed 8 Nov 2023 - 11:43; edited 25 times in total
pev

Contra (Japan) Mesen HD Patch Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Contra (Japan) Mesen HD Patch :: Comments

Post Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 2:52 by pev

I just wanted to share my latest curiosity and mostly Kurrono constantly asking me to give this a try. It is not perfect, by any means, due to the limited ROM space available to me to work with this particular ROM.

I have to figure out how to expand this ROM to properly implement NEA without destroying native code to make room, lol. Anyway, enjoy. I love sharing.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 5:56 by Conn

You did it Very Happy
Maybe we should open a database, but not as big as MD+... maybe a discussion and database thread somewhere?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 11:12 by pev

@Conn Thanks for the recent MD+/Mesen revisions to the page. Much cleaner and well appreciated it.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 4 Feb 2020 - 22:16 by Polargames

Contra (Japan) Mesen HD Patch Giphy

Oh yea, One of my Favorites, So Coool!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!! Very Happy Yes Breakdance

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 16:55 by pev

@Brutapode Did you follow the directions? It has CD audio using the supported emulators and correct CRC Japan Gryzor ROM.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 18:14 by Conn

@Conn Thanks for the recent MD+/Mesen revisions to the page. Much cleaner and well appreciated it
Yes, I noticed that in both MD+/Mesen are fewer posts so I merged the discussion/tools/dev in one category. I'd it for MSU as well this scheme but there are more posts in the different sections so I leave it for now separated until we get fewer posts there.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:13 by Polargames

@Pepv, I just got done playing your hack 100% to the end and I did not encountered any weird issues at all. Now there was some music issues in the snow level part, the area that has the bombs flying out of the trees, but I think its more on the heavy action part and not in the music loop. The loop has about a 1 ms delay, but nothing I was worried about. Everything else was pretty great. Also wanted to let you know I did try it on a fully translated version of the game, and it worked for that as well. I hope this helps you out :-D

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 6 Mar 2020 - 22:08 by pev

Polargames wrote:Now there was some music issues in the snow level part
I did mention there will be issues with music and sound in the disclaimer posted at the top. Do appreciate your work but I am already aware of these issues. The snow stage FX issues are caused by the removal of some native code to make more ROM space available for custom code.

Unfortunately, it will remain this way until work slows down for me to allocate time to learn how to properly expand NES ROMs (and use bank switching correctly). This year definitively sucks with work but at least I am travelling a little more now and seeing new places.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sat 7 Mar 2020 - 0:33 by Polargames

pepillopev wrote:
Polargames wrote:Now there was some music issues in the snow level part
I did mention there will be issues with music and sound in the disclaimer posted at the top. Do appreciate your work but I am already aware of these issues. The snow stage FX issues are caused by the removal of some native code to make more ROM space available for custom code.

Unfortunately, it will remain this way until work slows down for me to allocate time to learn how to properly expand NES ROMs (and use bank switching correctly). This year definitively sucks with work but at least I am travelling a little more now and seeing new places.

I knew and understood, I was just saying that beside the 1 sec delay or so everything worked great just like if it was the normal version. You did a great job, Sorry that was something you already knew. my bad.

Its all good about it being in beta for a while, Happy that you get to travel for work. What new places have you seen? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 24 Aug 2023 - 9:43 by pev

@ToAll Finally got around to fixing Gryzor. It is out of beta. Fingers crossed. As usual, let me know if I screwed something up. You will need to provide your own music tracks for this game. They must be in OGG format.. I went ahead and added some music packs for the game.

Back to top Go down