The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto Empty The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto

Patch Download v1.0:
Code:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5630/

For more content and information:
https://tcrf.net/Proto:The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past

Last edited by SePH on Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 15:48; edited 12 times in total
SePH

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto Image213

Since : 2020-10-03

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto :: Comments

RedScorpion

Post Mon 23 Nov 2020 - 9:14 by RedScorpion

Love it!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 0:10 by SePH

I'll do a final playthrough of the whole game after some well deserved sleep and provided all goes well, like I'm expecting, the final version will go live later in the day, thanks and happy new year in advance!!

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 4:10 by sinistra

Fingers crossed

Please release... Breakdance Very Happy

This year.... ;-) Very Happy

Last edited by sinistra on Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 8:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I want to play this game in 2020.)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 18:09 by SePH

Alright the final version as been released this year, as promised!

Enjoy folks and happy playthrough! Spin

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 19:43 by SePH

Updated the readme with the correct information has it should have clearly stated to apply to a rom WITHOUT header!

Code:
First things first, to play A Link To The Proto you will need:
1. The included patch
2. A patching program such as LunarIPS (LIPS)
3. A copy of Zelda A Link To The Past (U) WITHOUT HEADER
   (Don't bother asking for the rom!)
4. Other useful Information:
Name:   Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA).sfc
Date:   1996-12-25
Size:   1 MB (1,048,576 bytes)
--------
SHA-1:   6d4f10a8b10e10dbe624cb23cf03b88bb8252973
MD5:   608c22b8ff930c62dc2de54bcd6eba72
CRC32:   777aac2f

Thanks to the Romhacking.net Submissions Reviewers for the heads up! Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 7:08 by Puzzledude

Great work SePH. I guess you deserved that sleep, as well as the retirement. And great that you did it with a hack that mimics the original game, rather than Conker, which is basically a different type of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 8:06 by SePH

Thank you, I've ultimately returned to my roots that were creating Zelda rom hacks!

The Alttp prototype assets were a great way to inspire me at romhacking this game again, one final time!

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto A_Link_To_The_Proto_Alpha--v0.9y---4--armos--knights_00000

Now, I'm finally at peace!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 20:17 by ray

SePH wrote:The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto Zeldix-release

Patch Download v1.0:
Code:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5630/

For more content and information:
https://tcrf.net/Proto:The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past

Guys, I did the translation to Brazilian Portuguese. But I was unable to put accents. I would like someone to help me up if there was interest

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 9 May 2022 - 16:27 by wizzrobemaster

so i came across a bug that if you use the magic powder while simultaneously hit by a deadrock you might get permastunned and thereby unable to move.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 4:07 by Conn

If you mean by "deathrocks" those green boulders, I cannot reproduce.

The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Proto Proto010

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 10:35 by wizzrobemaster

Conn wrote:If you mean by "deathrocks" those green boulders, I cannot reproduce.

the deadrocks are the enemies, not the boulders. also had another freezing moment when using the powder on the bubble but i was able to break out of it.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 12:57 by Conn

So you call the enemies that turn into stone dead rocks, and bubbles...? Ah well. No idea. If there are bug reports they should be more precise I assume *shrugs

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:00 by wizzrobemaster

Conn wrote:So you call the enemies that turn into stone dead rocks, and bubbles...? Ah well. No idea. If there are bug reports they should be more precise I assume *shrugs

Bubbles are the "anti-fairies."

Also is that monster museum a showcase of unused sprites?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:30 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:If you mean by "deathrocks" those green boulders, I cannot reproduce.

Official terminology vs Hyrule Magic terminology is:

1.) those guys on Death Mountain, which you powder to be able to defeat them; but they turn blue and can not be defeated, if you hit them with other weapons:
-official name: deadrock (and not deathrock)
-hyrule magic name: squirrel
-hex value of sprite: 27

2.) those guys in dungeons, which can not be defeated in any other way, but with powder and change into fairy once you powder them, they are red with a skull in the middle:
-official name: anti-fairy
-hyrule magic name: bubble
-hex value of sprite: 15

So the bug should be: that Link freezes after you try and powder the ones under number one, if you get hit in the same moment. This seems like Fastrom bug, since this bug never happens in the original game.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 14:11 by Conn

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not familiar with those names.
I tried to reproduce the bug on those "squirrels" as well but couldn't reproduce. I didn't try on anti-fairy but know now which these are (I think in the first dungeon there's also sort of a shooter that shoots black "bubbles" which made it confusing).
I don't know what causes this bug, I am mainly interested whether all-in has it as well, since the prototype shares much code (jumping boots and alike).

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 May 2022 - 14:45 by wizzrobemaster

i had no idea this ran on a fast rom. that explains why i did not notice any slowdowns.

jump boots i am surprised were removed but at the same time it seems like there were remnants of its intended use in the final version.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 11 May 2022 - 3:26 by Conn

Probably because those boots make it too easy, you can dodge most enemies.
I also tried anti-fairies and again the deathrocks, it doesn't freeze for me... I need to be able to reproduce a bug in order to see what's wrong Sad

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Thu 12 May 2022 - 14:39 by Puzzledude

Conn wrote:Probably because those boots make it too easy, you can dodge most enemies.
I also tried anti-fairies and again the deathrocks, it doesn't freeze for me... I need to be able to reproduce a bug in order to see what's wrong Sad
Don't lose sleep over this. I can not reproduce this bug either. I played the Proto hack from beginning to end and it has it's minor faults, definitely acceptable. And if those are fixed, probably no one will play the game again because of it. Same goes for other not so extensive hacks, such as Echoes etc, although Proto has quite a lot of changes in comparisement.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 12 May 2022 - 15:15 by Conn

Thanks, puzz Smile
Chapter closed then I'd say

Back to top Go down