[Project-Nested] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[Project-Nested] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Empty Re: [Project-Nested] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Post by Conn Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 11:10

My wish is Zelda II - Adventures of Link. Not because this is an excellent game (it isn't) but to complete the zelda series (hopefully LA DX will join soon).
Conn
Conn

[Project-Nested] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

[Project-Nested] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Empty Re: [Project-Nested] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Aug 2021 - 9:08

Conn wrote:My wish is Zelda II - Adventures of Link. Not because this is an excellent game (it isn't) but to complete the zelda series (hopefully LA DX will join soon).

Oh wow, you dont like zelda 2? I love that game! One of my favorite nes/snes games. I would love to make the pcm tracks for it if no one has volunteered
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Aug 2021 - 9:18

Yeah, it's not really Zelda Smile

My wish it to make it for the sake of completeness, so we have all Zelda:s in msu. However it seems to be a bit hard, since I couldn't find a track ram:
https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link:RAM_map

I will try to msu code it as soon I have a more stabled pnn (v1.4?) where I get beyond the title screen Very Happy

I hope it will work so you can pcm the stuff, the music is excellent for a NES game imo.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Aug 2021 - 9:35

It is very much so true that it is not Zelda, but i love it for what it is. Though i never claim it as one of the best Zelda games, i do really enjoy castlevania, Metroid, and mega man games. It fits perfectly in those category of gaming.

If you make any progress, be sure to let me know. I would love to do a play test and pcm set. I can beat that game in 2-3 hours with no cheats so i would be a good playtester
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Aug 2021 - 9:43

I get back at you in time, good to know Very Happy

Unfortunately we really need to wait for a more stable pnn before I can even start. Same is valid for the first Zelda - where it still isn't very stable (in case there is needed some code adjustments as well).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Aug 2021 - 9:54

Ok good to know. I was unsure where we were at with even zelda 1 as i have not attempted yet to play the nes games but plan to explore that sometime soon.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 7 Aug 2021 - 3:52

Ah, by the way. As Zelda II is in the orange, will be it really possible to make it into MSU-1?
Myself086 is working on it as far I know. Next to the orange field you find "dev build". I tried in 1.3 and could not get beyond the name entry. But Myself showed an image from the village, so there's hope.

As said in the other thread. Patience. In case it is stable I need to find a way to map the tracks. Mute luckily seems to be not a problem.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 8 Oct 2021 - 4:00

I know.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down