Mega Man 4 (via Project Nested NES)

Go down

Mega Man 4 (via Project Nested NES) Empty Mega Man 4 (via Project Nested NES)

This video shows infidelity's original work, we offer an alternative with his pcm set

Patch:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mm4_msu1.zip
pnn 1.4.2 is required (minimum), works with RevA, and normal US

Project Nested NES 1.4.2 (required):
Code:
https://github.com/Myself086/Project-Nested/releases

PS1 PCM set (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmougfwpbowzhdwGpSip0Q?e=m2Gfm4

Notes:
This is an alternative work to infidelity's awesome SNES, MSU-1 enhanced remake of Mega Man IV. We unfortunately cannot post his work here due to copyright stuff.

Last edited by Conn on Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 4:46; edited 3 times in total
Conn
Conn

Mega Man 4 (via Project Nested NES) Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Mega Man 4 (via Project Nested NES) :: Comments

Conn

Post Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 4:43 by Conn

I decided to move the topic here and release it to the DB, since no bugs were posted until now

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:48 by VVV18

Gentlemen, how are you?

I had a little problem with the game (maybe it's on my side)
on both the SNES9X and the SD2SNES, the game is very slow when walking with the shot loaded; I would like to hear your opinion and, if everyone can run the game normally, thanks.
Ah, the size of mine is 8,388,608MB, weird right!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 12:03 by Conn

I know about the lags and the rom size is 8mb. The rom size doesn't matter but the lags hopefully is a problem myself086 can take care of in future versions. For now only matter is that the rom doesn't crash.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 13 Oct 2021 - 7:20 by infidelity

Nice to find out my pcm's are working with mm4 on PN!
Curious as to what the edits are to them?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 13 Oct 2021 - 7:29 by Relikk

infidelity wrote:Curious as to what the edits are to them?

Volume is one. They would have been way too loud for the PN hack. Some unnecessary silence loops at the end of some tracks were removed. So whether or not the track loops by default was hard-coded into the patch. Lastly, track 0 was removed as there is no FMV in this version.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 13 Oct 2021 - 14:43 by infidelity

The blank loops at the end of non looped songs, was because I was unsuccessful in getting the MSU-1 to cancel out the track, it would restart even though I set checks in the MSU-1 to cancel out the audio.

Thanks for the reply, and great job. :-)

Back to top Go down

Arasoi

Post Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 11:32 by Arasoi

Would anyone be interested in making a PCM set containing MET's rock/metal arrangements? They are available for the other Mega Man MSU-1 hacks.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 13:11 by Relikk

Is that for the upcoming infidelity MSU1 version? Are you sure he's not converting them himself or does he have something different in mind? I presume he's doing the PS1 versions, seeing as they're already done here.

I did the Wily Wars MD+ set, so I suppose I could do it, but again, I'd need ot be sure nobody else is doing it in the meantime so I wouldn't be wasting my time.

Back to top Go down

Arasoi

Post Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 13:30 by Arasoi

That is already released, at least I have it on my MiSTer and its working well.

Since Nested adapted games don't work quite right without a 128k option set in setup or a hex edit to the completed ROM for MiSTer (MM4 Nested does not run very well like this) I was kind of hoping I could maybe adapt the MET pack over for the Infidelity version if it got done.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 9 Apr 2023 - 13:37 by Relikk

Arasoi wrote:That is already released

Oh right, so it is. I was thinking of Mega Man II.

You can find them here: https://www.zeldix.net/t2670-mega-man-ii-iv-msu1-infidelity-krzysztof-met-slowikowski-guitar-playthroughs

Back to top Go down