Goldpotion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Goldpotion Empty Goldpotion

Post by Conn Thu 19 Sep 2013 - 18:02

I'm trying to get a patch done that is incredible hard, also for me... so I request some help here now as well Smile

What I am trying to do is getting the goldpotion into the witch's hut. I had imagined that it works like you buy it for pretty much money, get it in a bottle and can drink it one time. Thereafter your sword will charge permanently faster.

Edit: no more help required...
-Final version-

Goldpotion Goldpo11

Development patch final2 (bugfixed):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/goldpotion.zip

AST pics:
Goldpotion Image212

idea for menu (we could squeeze all items so it will have place as a marker):
Goldpotion Image411

Of course it is all not fixed. We possibly can also add a talisman instead of a potion, or make it not drinkable (goes directly as marker in inventory).

I'd be happy for some feedbacks, what you think about this idea and if anybody can help here, it would be more than welcome Wink

Last edited by Conn on Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 21:19; edited 6 times in total
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Goldpotion Empty Re: Goldpotion

Post by Erockbrox Thu 19 Sep 2013 - 20:53

I remember this in AST. I think it only lasted a short while though, but from what I read you want it to be permanent.

I think this is a great idea, but i don't have much to offer with the ASM stuff.

I also think that there was a good bee which killed your enemies for you in AST, that would be also a really cool thing to have in Zelda 3!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Goldpotion Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Sep 2013 - 6:03

Yes, I'll try to advance the code a bit. I think it's best to make it not drinkable since it would be much to code with little effect, so it will go right into the marker menu as soon as you purchased it.
Update, made a vram transfer to get the pot yellow.

You already have the gold bee in Zelda 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRT0PeUX4yk
difference in ast is only that there you have it from start.
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 20 Sep 2013 - 18:32

Yeah, if it takes too much to code to be able to drink it then just make it so that you can see that you got it in your menu!

And Conn keep up the awesome work!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Goldpotion Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Sep 2013 - 18:47

Don't mind... I was able to debug. The stacks were the problem (this is one of the most difficult things in asm, if you mix them up as it happened to me).
Uploaded the fixed code, now the yellow pot is recognized and gives you blue medicine. I now try to let it give you a yellow bottle and cost 800 rupees :p
But the rest shouldn't be a problem to code (just time consuming)

Are you interested in a PU port, SePH?
If yes I need to know two things:
(1) do you have a witch shop or can insert one?
(2) more important since I guess (1) is yes... is the marker space unused in the top right of your menu next to the heart piece counter?
Goldpotion Starga10
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 20 Sep 2013 - 19:51

That spot is for the 1/2 magic 1/4 magic indicators - if you want unused you might have to look at the left screen.
Euclid
Euclid

Goldpotion Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Sep 2013 - 20:04

ok, will do that, thanks Smile
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 20 Sep 2013 - 21:31

This is a pretty awesome hack. Conn did you make it natively for the 24 item menu like the screenshot? If so I'd love a port for my hack if possible Very Happy I love how it's permanent but expensive, I find temporary potions kind of useless in the long run
scawful
scawful

Goldpotion Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 4:56

I consider making 3 versions: native, 24 items, pu. pw is not really possible since the save ram 7e/f358 is already used for second quest here (hope I didn't spoil this, Euclid ^^)

I also think I reduce the cost to 500-600, and let the witch say: You now can turbo spin. Thanks for making me rich. Hehehe. Or something funny :p
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 11:00

Ok - breakthrough. Works flawlessly:

Goldpotion Goldpo12

Only thing missing now is the menu adjustment and monologue for the 3 versions (pu, 24, native), which should be easy but time consuming since I need to shift the other markers.

(patch lets you buy the goldpotion for $600 which makes your sword charge a lot faster Wink)
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 16:35

Outstanding!!!

Excellent work!

You though-out all of your ASM hacks have single handedly changed Zelda 3 hacking forever!!!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Goldpotion Image211

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 17:05

Finished! Ready for playtest:

two versions inside the zip: native and 24 items menu. Consult the instructions how to change the monologue and where to place the golden bottle marker (included as bin) via zcompress.

Puzz, if it works correctly you can update the 24 menu hack (...again, sorry Sad)

SePH, I'll send a PU version with mail as soon I hacked it.

You though-out all of your ASM hacks have single handedly changed Zelda 3 hacking forever!!!.
I did that on purpose :p
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 17:48

That was really fast. This is some great Asm work.

Tested the
gp_24items

Found these visual problems
-the item in the menu is always present (before and after you buy it)
-the goldjar in the hut (the one on the floor) has the lower gfx missplaced (legs instead of jar)

Tested for the native
-lower gfx also missplaced, the item does not appear in the menu (before and after you buy it).

I don't know why this is so, since it looks normal on your screenshot above.

The new monologue can be set normally, as well as new gfx position of the jar.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Goldpotion Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:08

Just sent you a PU version Smile

But maybe I should bugfix first... could you send me pics? For me it works normal... maybe it's just the gfx that are misplaced?
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:57

I'm having the same thing as puzzledude on the 24 item menu, where the gold potion is always there. Other than that it works perfectly. 

Having this fast speed charge could change a lot I love this conn another brilliant hack
scawful
scawful

Goldpotion Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 21:02

I'll fix this with the always item in menu, no prob.

The pot bug also occured for me now, it is really strange since it doesn't appear in zsnes. And if I go slowly in snes9x to trace it it also works.

Edit:
I made another vblank wait and it seems to work. Could you check if both bugs are fixed in both versions?

Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 7:45

I updated the 24 item patch, since I was unhappy that the goldbottle is stored to the end, so I placed it between moonpearl and sword.

Actually great news with the digging! Forgot to write due to being busy with this goldpotion.
Cool that you like it ^^ As told in the mail, you are able to edit all gfx and palette (maybe you should also edit the menu morning star to match better the gb version). But be careful, the 8-but tiles are read at two times (one where you placed it in the menu gfx, and another time loaded from 11/1100.

I was discovering 2 "bugs" while trying the PU version with the bottle: I was not able to buy anything from the witch before getting into the menu (then it will be registrated that you have a bottle). Further you need to have another item (lamp) in order to make the bottles work correctly.
I will not "fix" this in other versions than pu, since you ever get any item prior to first bottle, so the second bug isn't a deal.
Then the first bug occurs due to the feather patch. I needed to rewrite a code that tests the empty bottles in inventory. Since the fairy is stored to the bottle you have equipped, the witch will have a problem to store it. Problem here is that you can buy as many stuff as you like now.

I need to look again at the feather code...
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:04

That's the only thing I could find, the rest is ok (while having other patches in the game)

Goldpotion Potion
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Goldpotion Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 10:06

That's strange issue...
I have a clue... it is the correct gfx, but with the wrong palette. it must be in oam something. Do you have experience with Geiger and look the values at
7E/0860? Normal is A8 F0 A0 23
where A8 is x, F0 is y, a0 is the tile and 23 the palette.
It actually is impossible that a 4 tile sprite can have a different palette at one tile. You ought make less tiles to achieve this
What you can also try is to change the palette and see what's happening then:
07/fee5: 02 is red palette (which was repixeled to yellow/gold).
Try also this: give at
07/fee8: 0d -> 02

Strange is also that it didn't occur last time. The thing is that I only fixed the vram of the lower part (gfx, not palette), so it actually must have also occured prior to the bug fix.

Ok the feather works again, please anybody who uses the feather hack, reapply the hack:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/feather.zip
This is urgent, otherwise you can rebuy as many potions from the witch as you like since the "full bottle - can't buy anymore" was disabled in the last version.

SePH, I try to fix your bottles at start so you need no lamp first.
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 13:48

I found what the problem was. It was a srm (which was created when this was not in effect). If you start a new game, it is normal.

EDIT
It seems like it gets corrupted everytime you save. Have you tried to apply the ips, gain at least one item, then save and quit and return to the hut. In my case this is what corrupts the upper two coordinates. If this is ok in Zsnes, then it is an emulator issue.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Goldpotion Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 17:10

I think this hasn't anything to do with my hack. While I cannot reproduce the bug on the pot, following happens to me: when I immediately go with 7e/f3c5 to part 03, I get following:

Goldpotion 24item10

If I go over part 2 to part 3 it is fine. Maybe you use the srm start modifier in a way the game doesn't allow?
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 11:22

Thanks for the savestates, with those I was able to erase the bug:

As soon it is verified bug-free I hand it over to single hacks.

SePH, I'll send you a fresh version for PU as well with this fix Wink

Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 12:31

This final version of Goldpotion is great. I could not find any more problems. With the monologue I would suggest an EA value instead of 73. EA is 234 (first monologue of the Fortune teller). And the gfx is also ok (will load into lower part of the 24 item menu after buying), result is a faster charge of the sword.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Goldpotion Image213

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 14:06

Thank you, it's posted into single hacks already Smile

Maybe you also want to update the menu hack with the updated feather and this.
Conn
Conn

Goldpotion Image212

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 14:46

I've updated the menu hack in the single hacks with the feather v13 and the goldpotion.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Goldpotion Image213

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum