Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01

Go down

Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01 Empty Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01

Moon Healing Orchestration
An MSU-1 Hack for Sailor Moon: Another Story
by FlamePurge and mziab

Code:
Patch & Tools:
https://mega.nz/file/PHAGRaYI#XF2tpMGZUfyweXprviOB16lDDPx0YE62et2dhRYH1dg
Code:
FLACs (Choose either this or the PCMs, do not download both):
https://mega.nz/file/fCxy3ChT#UAVFd59kpnvrqUGJBGrmwN-YgVHnm1aZxrV-PO5OU6o
Code:
PCMs (Choose either this or the FLACs, do not download both):
https://mega.nz/file/OWoigABQ#v-8MMQIC3ggX-lFrlOlVXu4sTVVhovCnBEQ7Qg9iRjc

Instructions - PCMs:
1. Within the Patch & Tools archive is 4 files.
- MoonHealingOrchestration_v101.ips
- SailorMoonRPG.msu
- SailorMoonRPG.json
- msupcm.exe
All of them are needed to install the mod, so download it.

2. Locate and download a Sailor Moon: Another Story ROM and apply any patches you want to it: your preferred language and version, Grind-Be-Gone, Swiss Manicure, etc.
Just ensure it has "NO HEADER" and is named "SailorMoonRPG" with either a .SMC or .SFC extension.
Click: HOW TO APPLY IPS PATCHES

3. Apply MoonHealingOrchestration.ips to your SM:AS ROM.

4. Download the PCM format tracks.

5. Ensure your SailorMoonRPG ROM, SailorMoonRPG.msu, and all of the SailorMoonRPG PCM tracks are kept in the same folder.

6. Launch the game in your emulator of choice.

Instructions - FLACs:
1. Within the Patch & Tools archive is 4 files.
- MoonHealingOrchestration_v101.ips
- SailorMoonRPG.msu
- SailorMoonRPG.json
- msupcm.exe
All of them are needed to install the mod, so download it.

2. Locate and download a Sailor Moon: Another Story ROM and apply any patches you want to it: your preferred language and version, Grind-Be-Gone, Swiss Manicure, etc.
Just ensure it has "NO HEADER" and is named "SailorMoonRPG" with either a .SMC or .SFC extension.
Click: HOW TO APPLY IPS PATCHES

3. Apply MoonHealingOrchestration.ips to your SM:AS ROM.

4. Download the FLAC format tracks.

5. Place all of the tracks in the same folder as the json and exe files.

6. Drag and drop SailorMoonRPG.json over msupcm.exe. This will generate the PCM files containing the orchestral music.

7. Ensure your SailorMoonRPG ROM, SailorMoonRPG.msu, and all of the SailorMoonRPG PCM tracks are kept in the same folder.

8. Launch the game in your emulator of choice.

Last edited by Relikk on Sun 22 Oct 2023 - 15:01; edited 7 times in total
FlamePurge
FlamePurge

Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01 Image110

Since : 2022-06-09

https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=34043.0

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01 :: Comments

Polargames

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 0:47 by Polargames

Congrats FlamePurge on this awesome hack. Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01 1f60a

Back to top Go down

FlamePurge

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 0:56 by FlamePurge

Thank you very much! mziab was the main mind behind it so big kudos to him as well, eh?

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 1:01 by Polargames

FlamePurge wrote:Thank you very much! mziab was the main mind behind it so big kudos to him as well, eh?

Oh yes, to mziab and anyone else that made this hack possible. Sailor Moon: Another Story - Moon Healing Orchestration 1.01 1f60a

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 3:23 by Conn

Thank you very much @FlamePurge
I deleted the other topic to avoid confusion Wink

Back to top Go down

mziab

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 7:45 by mziab

Hello! mziab here, the romhacker behind this project. I hope all you Sailor Moon fans out there enjoy this release!

This had been in the works for longer than you might think. I've done some initial work back in early 2012, actually! The project had been basically rotting away till FlamePurge came along and I finally had someone to bounce some ideas off of. Sourcing the right tracks and making them loop nicely was actually more of a hassle than the actual code, I think.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy it! And props to qwertymodo for the amazing msupcm, which made our lives much, much easier!

EDIT: By the way, who do I contact about getting added to the ASM Hacker group?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 13:33 by Conn

Hi and welcome on board. Thank you very much for your contribution Smile
I gave you an asm hacker status, what fits best for flamepurge? Music artist then?

Back to top Go down

mziab

Post Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 14:16 by mziab

Not sure what ranks you guys have. Technically, FlamePurge was the audio editor on the project. The tracks have been sourced mostly from OSTs, plus some original arrangements by Spooniest and Dio Arranger. If Music Artist is the closest you have, then that should be fine.

Back to top Go down

RedScorpion

Post Mon 13 Jun 2022 - 4:28 by RedScorpion

really nice work guys. !Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 17 Jun 2022 - 8:03 by Damniel

Great job! Now is a good opportunity since we are with manga/anime games to make Dragon Ball Z Super Saiyan Densetsu msu1.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Jun 2022 - 8:58 by Kakarot1991

Damniel wrote:Great job! Now is a good opportunity since we are with manga/anime games to make Dragon Ball Z Super Saiyan Densetsu msu1.

it is true that akira toriyama's anime is very famous all over the world it would be super exciting to apply the msu1 pada to this video game for sure we would all play this

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 18 Jun 2022 - 13:53 by Damniel

This must the next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOAYHEOg24
If Sailormoon RPG is possible, why not Dragon Ball Z RPG

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 18 Jun 2022 - 13:57 by Relikk

Keep posts in this thread to Sailor Moon: Another Story only, please.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 18:41 by SuperFeistyFox

Music does not play in my FXPak Pro.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 27 Jun 2022 - 4:27 by Conn

I don't have the source, but if mziab needs help I can look into Smile

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 27 Jun 2022 - 4:40 by Relikk

Can confirm. I get no PCM audio on SD2SNES, also. It works on MiSTer, so there's just some small oversight in the code somewhere maybe.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 27 Jun 2022 - 9:34 by Conn

Problem should be located here:
Code:

$C0/FE4D 8F 04 20 00 STA $002004[$00:2004]   A:0018
$C0/FE51 2C 00 20    BIT $2000  [$80:2000]   A:0018
$C0/FE54 70 FB       BVS $FB    [$FE51]      A:0018
You see that you use long addressing ($002004), but make the msu1 ready on short ($2000 instead $002000).

If you use this code:
Code:
loop:
lda $002000
AND #$40
BNE loop
You are good and it should work. And #$40 is the same check as bit $2000 overflow but works with long addressing Wink

Back to top Go down

pentarou

Post Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 17:04 by pentarou

Conn wrote:Problem should be located here:
Code:

$C0/FE4D 8F 04 20 00 STA $002004[$00:2004]   A:0018
$C0/FE51 2C 00 20    BIT $2000  [$80:2000]   A:0018
$C0/FE54 70 FB       BVS $FB    [$FE51]      A:0018
You see that you use long addressing ($002004), but make the msu1 ready on short ($2000 instead $002000).

If you use this code:
Code:
loop:
lda $002000
AND #$40
BNE loop
You are good and it should work. And #$40 is the same check as bit $2000 overflow but works with long addressing Wink

hi, i've pasted your code in a yml file and save it as SailorMoonRPG.yml in /sd2snes/cheats/ , I had in game hooks feature enable, I've tried auto start cheat or in game hotkey, but it doesn't work. plz help, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 18:00 by Relikk

pentarou wrote:hi, i've pasted your code in a yml file and save it as SailorMoonRPG.yml in /sd2snes/cheats/ , I had in game hooks feature enable, I've tried auto start cheat or in game hotkey, but it doesn't work.  plz help, thanks.

It's not that kind of code. It needs to be changed in the patch assembly code, or hex edited in the patched ROM.

Back to top Go down

mziab

Post Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 15:20 by mziab

Hey, sorry about that. I didn't have an sd2snes on hand to test with and usually testing on bsnes/higan is enough to squash any hardware compatibility bugs.

@Conn: Thanks for the suggestion for the fix, already applied. The relevant line was actually a hold-over from 9-year-old code. Apart from not using long addressing, I also had to move a sep #$20 before the loop, since I was reading the status register as 16-bits, oops.

For the time being could you verify this hotfix works? If it does, we'll update all available copies of the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 1 Jul 2022 - 7:01 by landstalker

Hotfix works for me on FXPak Pro with Unofficial Firmware 1.10.3 by Furious. PCM audio works fine. Thanks to everyone involved.

Back to top Go down

FlamePurge

Post Fri 1 Jul 2022 - 7:21 by FlamePurge

Thanks. Updated here on Zeldix.

Back to top Go down

pentarou

Post Sat 2 Jul 2022 - 0:11 by pentarou

Thank you, beautiful work!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 9 Nov 2023 - 19:20 by nick007

Sailor Moon RPG is the 1st & only game I played using the MSU hack thing & it sounds awesome. I recently used the FLAC method & there was some static & lag at times on my emulator snes9x/v1.62.3. I googled to see if there were any updates & stumbled on this page with the PCM files. I redid the setup using the PCMs & I only notice my normal static(using my headphones always has a little static when playing emulators) & there's no lag. My computer is old so perhaps that's related but I thought I'd mention this in case any readers noticed issues with the FLAC method. but I mostly wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work. I'll def try this with other games if I have the option to.

Back to top Go down