The Legend of Zelda - Renascence of Evil

Information: Completely new dungeons, overworlds, gfx
Screenshots:

Latest version: N/A
URL: http://tloz3-ii.weebly.com/

SePH

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Legend of Zelda - Renascence of Evil :: Comments

Post on Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 10:55 by Guest

Wow. I never see this before. But look at those graphic they have. Two boats, castle and title screen. Where did they get that and how did they import to Hyrule Magic?

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 22:58 by SePH

That hack is being build in Tiled so nothing is inserted in the game yet, but regarding those ships, Aeranima made them himself!

Knowing it would be near impossible to insert them in the Zelda 3 engine...

He, in fact, decided to gave them to the public sometime ago here:

http://www.vg-resource.com/showthread.php?tid=19747

Regarding inserting those into the game, they might need some touch ups, but it could be possible for me to do it probably with some work...

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 0:49 by Spane

They are giving in public? That's nice so i can use this ships?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 1:56 by SePH

Yeah as long as you give credit to Aeranima Wink

The ship I inserted for Moegami uses about as much custom tiles as them... although I even think these use even more. So it could be an even greater challenge to insert those in Zelda 3. (without downsizing them and reducing their colors that is)

Good luck inserting them if you can manage on your own!

I might give it a try after I'm done with my own hack, but seriously doubt they'll have their sails shaded as much and have shadows even...

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 9:29 by Guest

SePH wrote:That hack is being build in Tiled so nothing is inserted in the game yet, but regarding those ships, Aeranima made them himself!

Knowing it would be near impossible to insert them in the Zelda 3 engine...

He, in fact, decided to gave them to the public sometime ago here:

http://www.vg-resource.com/showthread.php?tid=19747

Regarding inserting those into the game, they might need some touch ups, but it could be possible for me to do it probably with some work...
Aeranima made this ship, huh? Then how did he do that?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 10:16 by Spane

Okay SePH! Here we go. I've overhauled the ghostship and reduced the amount of used tiles by a lot. Now i think it will be insertable :-) And 'ive found out I'm a little bit talented in pixeling :-D Because the left and right lower part are completely custom drawn by me :-D

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 13:26 by Puzzledude

This new reduced version is definitely insertable. Go with this version. The big sail was altogether problematic.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 2:26 by SePH

Looking great!

what Puzzledude said Wink

Should be much easier to insert this variation of the ship!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 3:02 by Spane

I think we have to reorganize the palettes because this is not possible with so much different colours :-D

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 3:22 by SePH

Yeah, you might need to play with the palette a bit..

If you need help inserting it, just let me know Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 4:57 by Spane

I will overlook again the ship and try to reduce the tiles and palette and then i will write you  :joy: 

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 2 Feb 2016 - 20:51 by ItsArctic

Where can I download this? Even if it's just a demo I'd love to try it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 6:41 by Puzzledude

This game is more like an idea and the overworld has mostly been drawn out (outside of the rom!). I last heard of the author years ago, so it is definitely an unknown status or abandoned project (and obviously it is far from betas or demos).

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 22:33 by ItsArctic

Puzzledude wrote:This game is more like an idea and the overworld has mostly been drawn out (outside of the rom!). I last heard of the author years ago, so it is definitely an unknown status or abandoned project (and obviously it is far from betas or demos).
Man, that's a huge bummer.. There's so many projects here that have such potential, yet have been abandoned.. And it's probably going to be a looong time before another hack gets released here. ):

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 22:45 by SunGodPortal

And it's probably going to be a looong time before another hack gets released here. ):

My rebuild of Bruce Campbell vs Ganon should be done within the next 2-3 months. While it is a new version of an old hack, I've already changed so much that it's basically like playing a different game. After a week or two off I went back and played through the first 3 dungeons last night and it is a million times better than the original. This hack will have around 9 dungeons total with a bunch of mini-dungeons/puzzle houses.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum