The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands - Page 2 Empty The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands

Information: Continuation of the project by Darklink7884 (2015-2020)

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands - Page 2 Image12

UPS Patch Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai3idpRXoXu17XRkFnWX8NXoEnZG?e=kAJS1M
NOTE: You must patch the UPS file to a US rom with no header. You need a UPS patcher.

Five years ago, I restarted the Lyra Islands project, which was originally abandoned by SePH in 2005, with the goal of finishing the project. I created new overworlds and dungeons in addition to restoring the original LTTP graphics (I had to change the property types in the 16x16 tile editor). I reprogrammed the ending sequence in hex, and I added new cutscenes from both the Light and Dark Worlds. I added MSU-1 support. But there is still more work that needs to be done before I create a final UPS patch and upload it to the cloud drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information: Original version by SePH and ghillie (2004-2005)

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands - Page 2 Lyra-islands_zpsfe7dcf6c

Patch Download: link will be fixed later!
Founder

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: redditgoogle

The Legend of Zelda - Lyra Islands :: Comments

Post on Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 2:00 by ghartl

Thank You very much for access to the BETA.
Greetings from AUSTRIA (The forest people).
gttfrdhrtl

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 6:46 by Puzzledude

I don't think you made the UPS patch correctly. The recent ups file gives you a "failed" message no matter which original rom you use (US with/without header, EU with/without header, JP with/without header).

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 9:43 by Darklink7884

I uploaded a new UPS patch for beta version 2.0. Check it out, and patch it to a US rom with no header (should be 1.048KB).

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 12:27 by Orochimaru

Same link to the patch as before?

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 12:34 by Darklink7884

Yes. I overwrote the old patch with the new one, yet the download link remains unchanged.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 13:06 by Puzzledude

I tested it again. Same fail result.
You are probably not using the correct original rom, since it does not have 1.048KB, the original US non headered rom has 1.024KB and has the CRC32: 777AAC2F. And when you patch the ups to this rom, the result is no operation, since the patcher concluded that the original rom is incompatible with the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 25 Sep 2020 - 23:37 by Darklink7884

Puzzledude wrote:I tested it again. Same fail result.
You are probably not using the correct original rom, since it does not have 1.048KB, the original US non headered rom has 1.024KB and has the CRC32: 777AAC2F. And when you patch the ups to this rom, the result is no operation, since the patcher concluded that the original rom is incompatible with the patch.

Oooooooooooooops, it turns out the original rom I was using the entire time had an incorrect checksum. Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded an original US rom that has 1,048,576 bytes (or 1,024 KB) and the CRC32 777AAC2F checksum, and I used it to create a new UPS patch. I then edited the readme file to make note of the new patching requirements, and I tested the UPS patch using a fresh US rom with the correct file size and checksum listed above to make sure it works correctly before re-uploading it to the cloud drive.

Try patching the UPS file again (again, the download link remains unchanged; I simply overwrote the old zip file with the new one).

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 26 Sep 2020 - 16:05 by Puzzledude

Nice. Works now. Like said, you had the 1.048KB rom and you thought it was the original. It happens.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 15:55 by Darklink7884

New trailer posted on YouTube.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum