The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom - Page 2 Empty The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom - Page 2 Godess_zps24077747
Latest version: 3.0
Download:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/662/
Original file to patch to: Alttp EU rom, no header (CRC-04D55E12)
Founder

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

The Legend of Zelda - Goddess of Wisdom :: Comments

Puzzledude

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:20 by Puzzledude

sinistra wrote:Nice, i just started 3.0 and i like it, 👍👍👌
After that i'll have a go with 1.21.
Nice, also do note, that I made this a long time ago, and I would probably do it differently today, like less statue pushing and better story, less tedious bosses etc etc.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:21 by sinistra

Puzzledude wrote:
so 1.21 and 3.0 are official and working
Yes, as well as the 3.0 MSU version, which DarkLink is playing on that YouTube video you posted.

So that 3.1 on romhacking is a bogus patch
I can not see the site, so no idea what they have. I would have to have that patch or the (correctly) patched rom. I also have no intention of fixing it though, if it is bugged.

Here's that specific patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8tpvbwudo9bqq3/Zelda3_Goddess_of_Wisdom_3-1_EU.ips?dl=0

Patch to:
Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (E) [!].smc
CRC32: 04d55e12
SHA1: 7c073a222569b9b8e8ca5fcb5dfec3b5e31da895
MD5: ecfb3bd489a15cdda12066100bde0378

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:23 by sinistra

Puzzledude wrote:
sinistra wrote:Nice, i just started 3.0 and i like it, 👍👍👌
After that i'll have a go with 1.21.
Nice, also do note, that I made this a long time ago, and I would probably do it differently today, like less statue pushing and better story, less tedious bosses etc etc.

Doesn't matter for me, i have seen worse things before. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:31 by Puzzledude

Doesn't matter for me, i have seen worse things before.
Well, nice that you are a master quest person then.

Here's that specific patch:
Ok here's the results.
if 3.1 is patched to:
-JP (no load)
-US header (no load)
-US no header (load but scroll-bug on village)(unplayable), I would say false original rom in this case
-EU header (no load)
-EU no header (load, but pretty much all indoor rooms are emptied, so that statue is a minor problem) If you reinsert the statue, the problem is not solved, since no big key. If also big key is inserted, also not solvable, since the second part of the dungeon is deleted. (unplayable)

So definitely do not play this, you can't anyway.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:37 by sinistra

Wauw. that's nasty, i didn't expect that patch to be that bad.
And how in the world did that end up being released in that form on romhacking anyway, by the looks of it, it feels like a deliberate act.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:47 by Puzzledude

I don't think so. Feels more like bad patch creation, since if for instance all indoor pointers are moved slightly due to header, this will render a certain amount of indoor rooms "empty". This is from HM perspective. The code is actually there, its just read wrong.

Example is: try opening PW in HM. You'll see all indoor rooms empty, but really this is a HM problem not be able to read the data which Euclid rearranged to 118000, so into the second MB.

Similar if you patch to US. Then the game will think the village is a 4 quarter area. If you enter a 4 quarter area from that point, it will go to sever infinite-scroll bug. This is not intentional at all, but rather bad patching/bad rom with this specific side-effect, since village should be 1 big area, rather than 4 small ones.

And how in the world did that end up being released in that form on romhacking.net anyway.
Do note, that I don't like that site nor do I see it, nor do I see what it's going on due to the ban, but I don't mind. It is their thing what they host there. I'm off that site and do not wish to return.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:54 by sinistra

Yes i have been having a discussion about that since there's a person named "lyapko" saying this :

"Obviously that's not true, since why would you need a statue if the button is a one-press. And obviously the boss fight is not glitched. You can even defeat the blue balls of the boss with spin attack or with ice rod... and the fight is not even mandatory (since there is no 7 crystal barrier like in the original game), which is the same in all versions - as if it was worth the trouble to actually change the code of the bosses (they are identical to original game, you just have a level 1 sword, which apparently can be a real problem for some Bernie supporters).

The amount of negativity thrown towards this project is really overwhelming.

Let's also not forget that if you patch to the wrong original rom (like headered or US etc) you will get a bugged rom. This is due to IPS not having any CRC check and will patch even if it is wrong and then telling you "patching ok" when it actually isn't. Then only the end user will have a bugged rom, which was not produced by the authors at all."

But yeah, if the patch is wrong, obviously you patch wrong duhh.

He/she also claims to have a pre-patched working version, i'm trying to get a hold of that or at least a new created ips of the source but i didn't get a reply yet.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 14:58 by sinistra

Another qoute "I was assuming the version here is the same. I got a prepatched rom here:
Rom link removed by moderator. Linking to rom sites or roms is not allowed.

So I did not patch anything, I'm not too fluent with patching and headers and other techincal stuff. But we don't seem to have the same version. Also how do you know it is EU. If I remember correctly mostly all ips files need an US rom (or german or japanese) to use as base. Could be a false ROM/ISO info. I suggest you go for the prepatched version to not deal with the patching which can and will produce bugged roms, like in your case apparently.."

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 15:01 by Puzzledude

Well, jammer made his patch (GOW remake v1.21) without my knowledge and I only heard of it, when he released it, so if someone made yet another version, good for them. I was involved with GOW a long time ago, so I don't mind if someone makes yet another version. Presumably the one that works (irronically I've heard of players who actually failed at something so simple as the IPS creation, which seems to be the case here).

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Fri 19 Jul 2019 - 15:07 by sinistra

I agree with you, once or if i get my hands on the actual 3.1 somehow i will update this thread.

For now i thank you for your time and helping me cleaning up ghost stories.

Back to top Go down

sinistra

Post on Mon 22 Jul 2019 - 2:56 by sinistra

Well i'm officially silenced at RHDN, can't view the thread about 3.1 anymore.

"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

So far for freedom of speech and freedom of discussion, people stay clear of Romhacking, it's a snakepit..

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post on Mon 22 Jul 2019 - 12:00 by Puzzledude

Well i'm officially silenced at RHDN, can't view the thread about 3.1 anymore.
I was told they just deleted it completely. So no one can view it then.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum