Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 13 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:01

Almost perfect, aside from the fact that the music doesn't re-start itself when you call the Great Fairy a second time in the same instance. Otherwise, perfect. The 100 Rupee fairy works the same way as well.

Indoors volume change works as well. Seems a bit sudden, though - does the volume just instantly change in vanilla LttP as well, or is there a fade-out to the corrected volume?

Last edited by TheRetromancer on Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:05; edited 1 time in total
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 13 Image110

Since : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 13 Empty Re: Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp

Post by emuandco Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:04

In theory we could skip that. It sounds better that way ^^
emuandco
emuandco

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 13 Image213

Since : 2014-10-20

http://www.dreimer.de

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:06

Well, I always thought so, but that's the way it behaved in vanilla Zelda.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:26

Almost perfect, aside from the fact that the music doesn't re-start itself when you call the Great Fairy a second time in the same instance. Otherwise, perfect. The 100 Rupee fairy works the same way as well.
If you mean the Music keeps playing and does not mute, then this is ok. It's really difficult to tinker here, and I don't want anymore.
Conn
Conn

Enable MSU streaming music for Alttp - Page 13 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 12:27

Hey, I've got no problem with that whatsoever. I'm perfectly fine with calling it 100% complete.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 13:10

Oh no... in PU it bugs here

Code:

>$22/E9D4 AD 00 20    LDA $2000 
>$22/E9D7 80 04      BRA $04 [$E9DD]
>$22/E9D9 EA          NOP
>$22/E9DA EA          NOP
>$22/E9DB EA          NOP
>$22/E9DC EA          NOP
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< RESUME EXISTING CODE
$22/E9DD F0 01      BEQ $01
$22/E9E0 A9 F1      LDA #$F1
Seems like $2000 can be other than 00 and thus the native spc is played next to the msu. It happens only at one place in PU but I think about another possibility. We're not done yet unfortunately.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 13:27

I'm only just getting into ASM (literally sparked by this thread), so apologies if I'm saying something stupid, but if I'm reading your code right, isn't

Code:
BRA $04 [$E9DD]

telling the code to continue at location $E9DD plus a displacement of $04, ie, actually at $E9E1? Or do I have a misunderstanding of the BRA function?
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 13:37

no, this is actually always branch 4 Bytes (not ncessarily needed here at this place).

But we're lucky, this Problem appears to be PU only. I check what's wrong! But ALTTP seems to be finished unless you find anything else serious
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:03

Conn wrote:no, this is actually always branch 4 Bytes (not ncessarily needed here at this place).

But we're lucky, this Problem appears to be PU only. I check what's wrong! But ALTTP seems to be finished unless you find anything else serious

Well, I just played up to and beat DW Dungeon 4 with the only issue being a misaligned audio loop on the DW Overworld theme (which is my problem, not yours), so I'm confident that it's all downhill from here. I'm literally so happy that I can't find words to express myself.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:29

Conn, if and when you ever do call it quits on this, can you please release your asm file in addition to the ips?  It could potentially be very helpful to somebody wanting to make a similar patch for another game, or else wanting to expand on this one. Or maybe you already have released it and I'm just not finding it... (I see Retromancer talking about your code, but I'm not sure where exactly he's getting it)
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:44

I actually just used a program called "SNES Professional ASM Development Kit", which is a custom built PC-based SNES ASM tool, which allows for direct coding and disassembling. It is literally one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

I also use IDA, which is the most powerful disassembler program I know of.

I should point out, however, that I will never release Conn's code publicly - that is his right, and his hard work is his alone. I'm just trying to learn from how he's done things.

Last edited by TheRetromancer on Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:49; edited 1 time in total
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:46

Yes, I think we can call it quits ^^ at least if not TR or emuandco will find anything new.

I'm sorry that I cannot fulfill your request, qwerymodo. You see, I hack way up and down all sorts of things. If I'd always make a documentation I'd Need 5 times longer and also writing what and why I am doing what sucks.
So I got absolutely sloopy there, and didn't make any notes. If I Need to correct my code I trace it and directly correct the code in hex.
Therefore, I hardly use asm as well. I should do this but directly coding in the hex sheet is way easier for me.

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 16:55

Conn wrote:I hardly use asm as well. I should do this but directly coding in the hex sheet is way easier for me.

Ohmygod You and I have very different definitions of "easier". But hey, if it works then serious kudos to you.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 17:29

Just played the last few things. Turtle Rock till end with you newest patch. Nothing found ^^
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 18:09

Well, then - that confirms it. A perfect MSU-1 patch.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 19:30

Well, now it is from 99.9999 to 100%
I found a very easy possibility to let the fairy theme restart:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/zelda3_msu.zip
(Archive alttp_msu.ips is updated)

But it doesn't Sound so good as the appearing fairy whoop-whoop-whoop is missing in your pcm. This Sound is also present when entering a cave where the small fairies are inside and this fairy Music is playing from the beginning
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Mon 27 Oct 2014 - 19:32

Oh - so it is! Here, let me correct that. I'm slightly revamping the audio for the Crystal/Medallion get, so this shouldn't be any trouble at all.

Okay, I am uploading what should be the mega-ultra-super-final Audio pack. I've actually corrected two of the songs (the Great Fairy Fountain and the Crystal/Medallion Get), so be sure to redownload the archive. Hopefully, this is the 'for real' last one I have to do. Sheesh.
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 7:52

I noticed that all links to your pcm files as well as to the Video have been removed, probably by Puzzledude.

Dunno whether it is necessary since all tracks can be found on YouTube. I strongly assume it is therefore legal to have a link to them here, or am I wrong?
It'd really help the People to have These files in the great quality how TheRetromancer provides them!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 7:59

Haven't made the edits myself so has to be Puzzledude unless another mod removed them.

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 8:00

Wait, what the heck?!
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by emuandco Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 10:15

Add a text where you got the stuff from and you are set.
emuandco
emuandco

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRetromancer Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 10:29

Okay, I actually just read the rules of the site, and it turns out I was (through ignorance, not malice) in violation of this rule:

Puzzledude wrote:3.) Advertising and linking
Don't advertise. For this reason certain linking is not allowed. Do not use Media fire as your upload host (which forces adverts). Your link must be a direct download.

Whoops.  My apologies, Puzzledude.  And my apologies to everyone else.

In any case, here are the most recent versions of the files that Puzzledude rightly deleted, now advert-free and on DropBox, as recommended:

A Link to the Past MSU Audio Complete:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/rqmcchi7j61pxof/A%20Link%20to%20the%20Past%20MSU%20Audio%20Complete.rar?dl=0

MSU Opening Intro and Audio:
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/9tfg549to1cpbrn/MSU%20Zelda%20Opening%20Intro%20and%20Audio.rar?dl=0
TheRetromancer
TheRetromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 10:34

Alright, I also updated the first post with These new links Wink

Puzz, if you edit/remove an entry, could you next time please notify and give the reasons and how to improve it possibly Smile It was just by Chance I saw the links were removed at the main post (as I wanted to download the latest improved Audio files).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 11:19

Conn wrote:Alright, I also updated the first post with These new links Wink

Puzz, if you edit/remove an entry, could you next time please notify and give the reasons and how to improve it possibly Smile It was just by Chance I saw the links were removed at the main post (as I wanted to download the latest improved Audio files).
Yes, I apologize for that. I wanted to substitute the media fire links with my dropbox links, but the download and upload time took ages. Both files together had around half a giga byte, and would took around 90 minutes to upload. So I haven't yet had the time to post the apropriate dropbox links instead. So it was just a matter of time before the dropbox links would be posted, since I have both files downloaded.

But I see, that that's been taken care of already. So it is all ok now. You see the problem with media fire is, that this is not a desirable upload host (since you need to get through a lot to come to the actual download) This is a general standard on some other romhacking sites as well. And the files them selves are quite large. So to upload and download files, which are so big, is quite a challenge.

I also wanted to remove all media fire links or dead links in this thread, but as you can see, it is 17 pages long, so I might have removed some by mistake. Otherwise all youtube or other media files (MSU, video, audio, pcm) are welcome to be linked to.

PS
I've reedited your links (you know this trick: change the https into http, and www into dl, and you will get "perfect" link).

3.) Advertising and linking
Don't advertise. For this reason certain linking is not allowed. Do not use Media fire as your upload host (which forces adverts). Your link must be a direct download.
Whoops.  My apologies, Puzzledude.  And my apologies to everyone else.
I could live with media fire, but the general oppinion of the romhacking communities is to not use this upload host (due to multiple steps required before getting to the actual download). I've reedited those links to be direct (simply change www into dl).

But I believe everyone can agree with the quality of the current link (dropbox direct download), in comparisment to the old one (media fire).

This is also one fine upload host, usually used by romhacking comminities
http://www.bwass.org/bucket/
but I don't think it can handle big files. I've tries to upload the MSU-1 files here with no luck, so this one is for smaller (usual) files.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 28 Oct 2014 - 11:35

Alright, thanks a lot, and editing the link to direct dl is really a great trick ^^ I was only wondering whether you removed the links due to piracy or whatever, but this is cleared up now.

So I take a deep breath now, say final and perfect Version out... and Close this chapter.

I only asked SePH for the favour to make one of his high-Quality Videos-captures out of the patch with showing the perfect Fitting Video by TR.
The current Video in the main post isn't taken by me; it's another patch, never published- possibly even that from TheDrakon, so it should be a good Thing to Substitute this Video with one showing the result of our (better) hack.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next