I got a warning on romhacking.net -_-

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: I got a warning on romhacking.net -_-

Post by Spane on Sat 17 May 2014 - 4:41

As far as I know you can open a thread on the other projects section and work on it here :-) I think SePH and the other moderators would have no problem with it :-)

Spane

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 17 May 2014 - 6:10

You can open this thread under the Other projects section. But don't be surprised, at what heppened on romhacking. You got a warning, just because you didn't accept, what the admins were thinking (you thought of it as a "project", but they thought of it as an "idea"). It is strange, however, that you got a warning because of that. It was probably autogenerated, since you opened a same topic twice.

It is however desirable, that all romhack topics contain some screenshots of actual edits to the game, as a proof, that something is actually being worked on; or you simply post some concept (drawing on paper) screen. A fine example is Spane's squared-paper drawings of future work-in-progress areas of Prophet of Chaos.

Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagmen_Lietons on Sat 17 May 2014 - 17:19

Agreed with Puzzle. A ROM hack doesn't only just consist of saying that you're making one, it's also the proof that's in it if you bring pics and/or videos to the post. They obviously didn't know that you're making a hack, and from those screenshots, how in the heck did they think you're making 'ideas'? This is the only requirement when showing that you're working on a hack(on all general game-hacking forums I've been on anyway asks for proof of some kind). Just screenshots/videos, what you're doing to the original game itself, ect.

Also, I will be following you're topic. I want to see how it's come together once it's out. Smile

Also, just throwing this out there. There is a community dedicated to Donkey Kong Country series hacking. I haven't checked in with them for a while, and last time I was there, one of the tool makers actually consisted of making a new editor for DKC2 when DKC1 editor is fully fixed I believe.

http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/
Chagmen_Lietons

Since : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagmen_Lietons on Sat 17 May 2014 - 22:02

Here's my advice. Forget the negatives admins and others give you, especially if they throw something like a warning for trying to post a hack progression topic. It only tries to draw you away from you're hack.

When and if the hack is done, show it off with the IPS here and if you want to, RomHacking.net. If they reject that, only go there for other people's work. You won't get anywhere further.

This is how I feel about GameFAQs anyway. I tried to post glitches on a game, they rejected it. I looked at other glitches posted by other members, those weren't working at all(even TASing it wasn't working). So I flamed their forums because I disliked their moderators cause they never bothered to test anything or put up with my submissions(they were rejected less than 2 hours after submission) and to be serious here, I put up at least 10 different glitches on at least 3 different games. All rejected at the same exact time.

Lost hope as a member, wanted to delete my account since I didn't have anything at all approved, told them and they even rejected that. All I ever do is to go to GameFAQs to simply look at screenshots on a certain game that's recommended to me, or to see glitches in a certain game, ect.

This reminds me. There needs to me a forum for Zelda Hacks(smash bros excluded. Razz), and a child forum for other hacks.
Chagmen_Lietons

Since : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sun 18 May 2014 - 6:44

When and if the hack is done, show it off with the IPS here and if you want to, RomHacking.net. If they reject that, only go there for other people's work. You won't get anywhere further.
Romhacking.net rejected the pack of 8 Asm hacks by Conn, which I made a while back. Reason: they don't have a section for small hacks in one pack. Instead they wanted this to be submitted separately (which is odd in general, since then we could make 20 submissions and thus 20 Z3 hacks). This is not logical, since a small Asm hack can not be equal to a full hack, which can contain all that and a lot more.

The translations of Redscorpion were also rejected. Reason: apparently they don't have a section for translated hacks, only translated original games, which is odd (dumb). That's why 80 percent of all german Let's players are playing all Z3 hacks in english, when someone made a lot of effort to bring this game to their native language.

… and posted my donkey kong project there and not only did they like it but they sent me a personal invite to a secret developers section on their board!
Good to know. A fine example that Romhacking.net is just to general. They have to much and really don't care about any game.

Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum