Zelda III: Bruce Campbell & Pinky's Quest

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zelda III: Bruce Campbell & Pinky's Quest

Post by SunGodPortal on Fri 22 Jan 2016 - 1:39

Update: I still have 2 or 3 rooms left in Hyrule castle but otherwise the first 3 dungeons are finished. Crystal dungeons 1 and 2 have been tested as well as the completed portion of Hyrule Castle/Sewers.

Not bad considering that I started from scratch less than a week ago. At this rate this thing will be done in a month (keep your fingers crossed).
Very Happy
SunGodPortal

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Tue 3 May 2016 - 19:50

Finally started working on this again and decided to start by experimenting with Link's house.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Fri 6 May 2016 - 0:13

Morpheus wrote:Why would Link's uncle go to such lenghts to protect his chest?

Must be something sooooo precious :-)
Yes, he needs to guard his Hookshot never the less.
Puzzledude
Elite ROM Hacker
Elite ROM Hacker

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Fri 6 May 2016 - 0:59

Why would Link's uncle go to such lenghts to protect his chest?

Must be something sooooo precious :-)

Probably so the neighbors don't borrow his tools and then "forget" to bring them back.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Sat 7 May 2016 - 2:26

This game needs something to be replaced into the chainsaw! The game wouldnt be complete without it!

I'd love that but that's def beyond my skill level. All I could do for it would be GFX.

You could change one of the swords gfx into that of a chainsaw and give it the bees song

That would be really funny, having the cute little bee sound. LOL I don't know if the formats would sync up but there was a chainsaw SFX in SNES Doom.

As for the GFX, I've experimented with this before and found it almost impossible to fit a chansaw into the same amount of pixels as a sword. I'll def try again before all of this is over because it's such a cool idea.

P.S. I did tried the demo you sent me and it was as awesome as your previous demo!

Awesome. I'm glad you liked it. I put a lot of time/effort into it and of course so did KGP with his original designs. I can't wait to see what the rest of the game turns out like and I'm the one working on it! LOL

Keep up the good work and send my salutations to KGP who always seems to appear in my vanishing times

Will do. Razz (Conn)
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Mon 11 Jul 2016 - 7:06

It's finally here. The long awaited, much anticipated event of the century. Behold, the public release of the Bruce Campbell vs Ganon Remake demo.

3 full dungeons for you to enjoy.

Note: There is a glitch in the "water" dungeon that causes the water to drain VERY slowly in one spot. This will be fixed before the final release. Just hit the fast forward key if your emu has one. There's also one small palette issue in the throne room. Otherwise, have fun!

Bruce Campbell vs Ganon Remake demo

It's ready. Are you? Very Happy

Patch to be applied to a US ROM with no header.

EDIT: Oh. I almost for got this:
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Mon 11 Jul 2016 - 16:25

You are remaking the whole game?

Interesting Smile

Thought you were done with that project when you released the debugged version!

Keep at it!

(Would try it but I'm mucho mucha much busy with that goddamn hack of my own and its incoming really close beta and its hundred of things left to do! Can't wait to claim back my freedom lool)

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 on Tue 12 Jul 2016 - 20:51

SunGodPortal wrote:

Finally started working on this again and decided to start by experimenting with Link's house.

Hey i look youre demo
on time you say its like the original link to the past
but youre houses and dungeons looks like be same as the orginal
not all of them but most of all
and then you give critic on me?

one different mate you are a advanced hacker i'm not
that was the realy first time i'll hack snes roms

but one little critic thing to you when you in Links house
and you fall in that hole toward to you , you stay falling Sad over and over

Arnachy69

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 2:42

[quote="Arnachy69"]
SunGodPortal wrote:but one little critic thing to you when you in Links house and you fall in that hole toward to you , you stay falling Sad over and over

Yeah, that was a trap.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnachy69 on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 11:29

Hey Sun okay a trap is good
but resetting my rom to play further?
hmmmmm strange man
but for the rest a nice rom to playing man good work

Arnachy69

Since : 2015-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Fechdog on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 17:53

I just finished the demo and I absolutely love it! One of my major problem were a few enemy placements with one being a ball and chain guard and the other being the blue guards that dash in Hyrule Castle since you almost always get hit because of those. I also tried to finish one of your unfinished dungeons but only realized I couldn't before reading the later posts.

The difficulty is actually not that bad except for one part where I felt like I was playing Touhou. One thing I did notice though was my bomb and arrow count didn't go down. Do you have any idea about that? Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this finished.

Fechdog

Since : 2016-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 19:42

Cool. I'm glad you liked it. I wanted it to be challenging, but fair so if I ever thought anything was too ridiculous I made sure to throw a few fairies or hearts in there.

As for the bombs/arrows, I made those infinite. I wasn't sure whether they would both be that way in the final game but I'll probably leave the bombs that way since they are required for jumping in certain spots and I wouldn't want the player to backtrack just for supplies.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fechdog on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 20:54

SunGodPortal wrote:I'll probably leave the bombs that way since they are required for jumping in certain spots and I wouldn't want the player to backtrack just for supplies.

Were there any bomb jumps that were needed in the demo? I don't remember having used them if I needed to.

Fechdog

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 21:18

In his first demo, the one you start in a prison cell, there was one room full of bomb jumps. Unless this was another project (aka the town demo).

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fechdog on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 21:23

Lord SePH wrote:In his first demo, the one you start in a prison cell, there was one room full of bomb jumps. Unless this was another project (aka the town demo).

Sorry for not clarifying, but that was the town demo was the one I was playing.

Fechdog

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Thu 4 Aug 2016 - 22:40

Fechdog wrote:
SunGodPortal wrote:I'll probably leave the bombs that way since they are required for jumping in certain spots and I wouldn't want the player to backtrack just for supplies.

Were there any bomb jumps that were needed in the demo? I don't remember having used them if I needed to.

There's one spot in the second crystal dungeon that I believe requires it (unless I changed it) and there may be a spot or two in the first where it is helpful. I probably won't leave the arrows infinite because that might make the game too easy. If there turns out to not be too many bomb jumps by the time the game is finished I'll probably go back to non-infinite.

In his first demo, the one you start in a prison cell, there was one room full of bomb jumps. Unless this was another project (aka the town demo).

Yeah, that was the Pinky/Dungeon Town demo. I think that one may have only been available via the Lost Woods. That one will def have infinte bombs as they are the main weapon for a good portion of the game.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 20:54

Found out how to make the bombable walls in ALttP look like regular walls as they do in BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets but still function the same. So far, no side-effects and since I edited the metatile data rather than altering GFX tiles it should work with just about any Zelda III hack. I'll probably upload a patch in the next day or so in case anyone is interested in using this in their hacks.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Sun 18 Dec 2016 - 5:55

I hadn't done any graphics for a while so I decided to have some fun.
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal on Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 7:46

Music...

It was KGP's intention to alter the game without making it totally different. The original BCvsG, in a way was like a warped version of A Link to the Past. I'd like that concept to carry over into the music as well. I think I've mentioned this before, but I'd like to keep the music the same, but alter the harmonies in a way that changes the mood of the music and therefore the game. It's taken me a while to get around to doing this, but here is some work in progress for the title theme that I think is a good illustration of where this is headed.

Title Screen - Work In Progress

There's still a few tweaks to make but I like where it's heading. As soon as I find a reasonable way to edit this stuff the rest of the work on the music should go pretty fast.

Note: If it asks you to log in just click the thing near the bottom that probably says something like "view anyway".
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum