BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub

Go down

BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub Empty BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub

Download:
Patch (v2, jan 2019): http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bs1m2zips/m2_msu.zip
Restoration Version: http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bs1m2zips/pbszeldam2.zip
Description: bszelda msu1 hack will resemble original 1 hour playtime each week, so each track will last 1 hour with voice acting

Download the PCM:s (v2, jan 2019) here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V9aQzHpoL0MeKkA7RdYruu5mBhbZuUI5/view?usp=sharing
Founder

BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub :: Comments

Post Sun 7 Feb 2016 - 15:22 by Mikerochip

Hi: The rom in the documentation no longer exists, any idea where there might be a mirror? (Or if anyone has a CRC32/SHA of the required rom/patched rom that would be helpful!)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 5:22 by Conn

Uh, sorry, wrong link given, corrected. download and try again Smile

btw: we are currently working with high pressure on week3&4 release.. should be a available in a few weeks

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 14:02 by Mikerochip

Nope. I tried that rom too.

Patching that rom with the ips in the zip, gives a rom with:
CRC-32: 87e28601
SHA-1: a7cffc806ad06fdb1f2740e7c3a73ab391e7521f

Tried it with Higan 0.94 and 0.97, with the included .BML for .94, letting Higan heuristically generate it's own BML in 0.97, and manually creating a .bml for 0.97 by hand.

It doesn't start running at all, in either version.

You can open it fine in Snes9x, and it tries to access the MSU1 but obviously does nothing! Smile

That's the .bml I made for 0.97, btw.
Code:
board region=ntsc
  rom name=bszelda_map2.sfc size=0x400000
    map address=00-3f,80-bf:8000-ffff
    map address=40-7f,c0-ff:0000-ffff
  ram name=save.ram size=0x10000
    map address=10-3f,90-bf:6000-7fff mask=0xe000
  msu1
    map address=00-3f,80-bf:2000-2007
    rom name=bszelda_map2.msu

track number=1 name=bszelda_map2-1.pcm
    track number=2 name=bszelda_map2-2.pcm
    track number=3 name=bszelda_map2-3.pcm
    track number=4 name=bszelda_map2-4.pcm
    track number=5 name=bszelda_map2-5.pcm
    track number=6 name=bszelda_map2-6.pcm
    track number=7 name=bszelda_map2-7.pcm
    track number=8 name=bszelda_map2-8.pcm
    track number=9 name=bszelda_map2-9.pcm
information
  region: NTSC
  title:  BS The Legend of Zelda- Map2 [MSU-1 v1.0 by Conn]
  sha256: 1b044bb5e0f738bf830d8d20c35ffd4ddea2f6e321b9ce8ab66822ca1f92d5b4

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 15:46 by Conn

Uuh, I never dealt much with bml and higan. Can you give deeper details? Does the current bml work with 94 or not? Does your bml work with both higan?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 16:14 by Mikerochip

Nope, doesn't work in any version of Higan.

Sorry, to be clear.

Neither the provided .bml for 0.94,
nor the .bml I created for 0.97, nor the 0.97 .bml that it created itself, work.

Last edited by Mikerochip on Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 16:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifications.)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:12 by Conn

I just tested both map1&map2 on higan 94 with my provided bml:s. Both worked flawlessly. Guess the problem is on your side. Maybe bsnes is better with your setup?

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 17:39 by Mikerochip

Maybe! I'll download everything again, and try once more!

Can you confirm the CRC32 is the same?

Thanks for looking at this for me, btw! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:04 by Mikerochip

Nevermind! I figured it out.

Original file: bszelda_map2.smc
CRC-32: 75a3ee0d
SHA-1: 948862de85bb9618398e47d2c92d5bba5b216fb4

Your ips patch produces the following:

1) m2_msu_video.ips creates -->
 File: bszelda_map2.smc
CRC-32: 87e28601
SHA-1: a7cffc806ad06fdb1f2740e7c3a73ab391e7521f

2) patching with m2_higan_bsnes_compatibility.ips creates -->
 File: bszelda_map2.smc
CRC-32: 8bd6b17d
SHA-1: a29b1e082744a0c29ce148b0c6218e4c6fc485aa

Both of the above have headers.

If you remove the header, after the second patch, you get the following:

File: bszelda_map2.sfc
CRC-32: 67b09b59
SHA-1: fef588595793e3dd64be8deb958f630a9f3999c7

Which I did! And it works perfectly! Woo!

Edit:

OK, it looks like for some reason, my 0.94, wouldn't import properly.
0.97 imports it properly, and removes the header.

If you just made a patch to remove the header, then, you wouldn't need to import?
XDelta would make a tiny patch (19kb), rather than using ips (2mb).
Like this one:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jsFWgr5Q3kQk9CS0ZxVHgzZk0

Last edited by Mikerochip on Mon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:30; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : made a patch)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 7:37 by Conn

Well it works perfectly on my 94. Higan automatically removes the header. But you successfully figured out a solution for your setup, so I say everything is fine as it is Very Happy

Using your header removal isn't an option, since all patches provided on the site are developed for headered rom. This cannot be changed anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 14:07 by Mikerochip

Well, that patch requires a headered rom too!

(It replaces the second patch)

So, you run it on the rom after you've run the first patch, and it removes the header. ie, makes it into a rom that runs with bsnes/higan, which requires roms with no header...

Using the instructions provided in the readme produces exactly the same effect?

If I could make a request, it's that there be some (or any?) technical info provided in the readme, so people could check the results of the patch themselves..
(Even an appendix at the end, listing the rom CRC32's, after each step/patch)

Isn't it a bit of a misnomer, providing a patch for a rom, and calling it "higan_bsnes_compatibility" where the resulting rom isn't actually compatibly with either higan or bsnes, unless you perform extra steps.. ie remove it's header!

Anyhow Smile

Thanks for all the help!

Superb work!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 9 Feb 2016 - 14:32 by Conn

Dunno, I suggest bsnes70, no problem. I import the game with higan 094, no problem as higan produces its own compatibility. I am perfectly happy with how it is right now... if more people have problems I may think about changing the instructions, though-

Back to top Go down

EvanCake

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 14:47 by EvanCake

overwrite the existing manifest.bml with that from the subfolder "compatibility_files"?
what do you mean overwrite?
i dont understand this tutorial.
could someone explain this to me Confused

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 14:58 by Puzzledude

EvanCake wrote:overwrite the existing manifest.bml with that from the subfolder "compatibility_files"?
But its logical. BSNES is dumb enough to require tons of additional files to run a Rom, including the manifest (which already exists). You need to use the "New" .bml file in the included subfolder called "compatibility_files" and copy it. Then paste it to where the old manifest was and it will ask you "already exists, overwrite?" and then you choose yes. This is what the tutorial meant, of course you might also get "replace". This depends on the person who wrote the tutorial, since "replace" might be translated into "overwrite" in non-english versions of Windows.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 18:45 by Conn

Thanks puzz, due to ast msu I just have no time to make a customer service for those few persons having problems with my tutorial.
Msu1 is really complicated, I tried to make my tutorial as easy as possible explaining it step by step. Obviously I failed on some people Very Happy

If you load a game in higan, it will create a manifest.bml in a specific folder automatically. You just have to overwrite (replace is the correct word, sorry, I'm no native English speaker) this automatically created file with that that comes with my patch.

Back to top Go down

EvanCake

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 19:30 by EvanCake

Puzzledude wrote:
EvanCake wrote:overwrite the existing manifest.bml with that from the subfolder "compatibility_files"?
But its logical. BSNES is dumb enough to require tons of additional files to run a Rom, including the manifest (which already exists). You need to use the "New" .bml file in the included subfolder called "compatibility_files" and copy it. Then paste it to where the old manifest was and it will ask you "already exists, overwrite?" and then you choose yes. This is what the tutorial meant, of course you might also get "replace". This depends on the person who wrote the tutorial, since "replace" might be translated into "overwrite" in non-english versions of Windows.
what do you mean old bml file?
you mean in the rom?
BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub Zelda10
beacuse i don't see it.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 20:57 by Conn

3. go into the folder  %USERPROFILE%\Emulation\Super Famicom\bszelda_map2.sfc in Windows Explorer
4. overwrite the existing manifest.bml with (until higan v0.95) or just copy (higan v0.96 and later) the manifest.bml from the subfolder "compatibility_files " into this folder

Maybe you are using a later version as higan v.95? I admit it is sophisticated written, but really... I do not know which problem you have.

Well, try this (I rewrote my tutorial):

4. until higan v.95: replace the existing manifest.bml with the manifest.bml from the subfolder "compatibility_files "
   higan v96 and later: just copy the manifest.bml from the subfolder "compatibility_files "  into this folder

Back to top Go down

EvanCake

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 21:23 by EvanCake

Conn wrote:
3. go into the folder  %USERPROFILE%\Emulation\Super Famicom\bszelda_map2.sfc in Windows Explorer
4. overwrite the existing manifest.bml with (until higan v0.95) or just copy (higan v0.96 and later) the manifest.bml from the subfolder "compatibility_files " into this folder

Maybe you are using a later version as higan v.95? I admit it is sophisticated written, but really... I do not know which problem you have.

Well, try this (I rewrote my tutorial):

4. until higan v.95: replace the existing manifest.bml with the manifest.bml from the subfolder "compatibility_files "
   higan v96 and later: just copy the manifest.bml from the subfolder "compatibility_files "  into this folder

you mean the rom?

Back to top Go down

EvanCake

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 21:36 by EvanCake

You mean like this?BS Zelda - Map 2: English Dub Zelda_10

Back to top Go down

qwertymodo

Post Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 23:53 by qwertymodo

Just an FYI, if you use Floating IPS to create a .bps patch instead of .ips, you have the option of doing a delta patch which will be much smaller. The way you did the IPS patch based on a headered ROM, the IPS patch contains literally the entire ROM file, which defeats the entire purpose of using a patch in the first place, both technically as well as legally.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 6:57 by Conn

You mean like this?

Looks correct, why don't you test?

Back to top Go down

EvanCake

Post Sun 18 Sep 2016 - 9:21 by EvanCake

I already did and it works Smile

Back to top Go down