MSU1 Patch wishlist

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 7 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by Conn Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 6:40

I briefly looked into it and found a way to mute, a spc fallback should be possible. I need to find the track triggers (time issue, I just have many things to do right now).
Conn
Conn

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 21:16

Hey everyone, i do have a MSU-1 request that i fully understand that our rom hackers are very burnt out and busy and most likely not desire a new project but i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I really wanted to do Mario RPG legend of the seven stars. I think it would be a great addition and i will help out in every way i possibly can. I have helped with mapping the music tracks and made PCMs on more than one game each and i can do a full play through to test for any bugs. I also have found good remastered music for the entire soundtrack and ready to all 60+ pcm music myself.

I have august 3rd to august 8th off work so i will have a lot of time to work on this project. If a rom hacker was willing to help me do the difficult parts i dont know it would be greatly appreciated. Again, fully understand if no one wants to take on the project.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 22:06

JUD6MENT wrote:Hey everyone, i do have a MSU-1 request that i fully understand that our rom hackers are very burnt out and busy and most likely not desire a new project but i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I really wanted to do Mario RPG legend of the seven stars. I think it would be a great addition and i will help out in every way i possibly can. I have helped with mapping the music tracks and made PCMs on more than one game each and i can do a full play through to test for any bugs. I also have found good remastered music for the entire soundtrack and ready to all 60+ pcm music myself.

I have august 3rd to august 8th off work so i will have a lot of time to work on this project. If a rom hacker was willing to help me do the difficult parts i dont know it would be greatly appreciated. Again, fully understand if no one wants to take on the project.

Hey JUD6MENT, I would be willing to help out any way I can if your project gets picked up. Just let me know when it does. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 7 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Señor Ventura Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 22:12

Wow, i was hanging around in youtube, and it makes me an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTY8aA3lBY

May be it could be interesting...

Señor Ventura

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 7 Image110

Since : 2017-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 30 Jul 2018 - 22:20

Señor Ventura wrote:Wow, i was hanging around in youtube, and it makes me an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTY8aA3lBY

I do like your idea Senor Ventura, but it might be a while because Conn and Pepv are both very burnt out right now and I do not know if any one else are free. If I was better at msu I would give it a try, but I am struggling on my test game. I am trying to msu Tetris and Dr.Mario, By msued it I mean as a test to strangthen my skills, but I am failing on that. So I am no help, but if you do find someone that wants to help, Please let me know because I can test play it for you. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeta Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 3:26

Can someone make an msu-1 patch for "Final Fight 3" ?

Thanks to everyone Smile

Zeta
Newcomer

Since : 2018-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:04

@Zeta If no complete Final Fight 3 remastered OST exists for this game, it will be highly unlikely a patch will be done. I myself, honestly, do not bother making patches where not enough re-master tracks are available. Both go hand in hand, the patch is useless w/o the complementing music tracks.

Last edited by pepillopev on Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 22:33; edited 1 time in total

pev

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 7 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:08

Señor Ventura wrote:Wow, i was hanging around in youtube, and it makes me an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTY8aA3lBY

@Señor Ventura @Polargames If you both collect a complete soundtrack for this game. Then, I will consider helping in making the patch for Alien3. Considering this a team proposition.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:10

@Zeta The same offer stands for you as well for your Final Fight 3 game. Find me a suitable PCM set for your game. Then we can talk about making a patch.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by duiz Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 22:07

Some of the games that do have full remastered soundtracks yet to be patch are these:

Hook (Sega CD version has full redbook audio soundtrack, but much worse graphics than SNES)

Starfox (an official arrange OST back in the 90s)

WWF games (entrance themes

Slam Masters (FM Towns version has an arranged soundtrack.

duiz
Bee
Bee

Since : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 22:08

@duiz Hook and Slam Masters are good candidates (those interest me). If you can provide me the tracks, we can get something started.

I believe Star Fox is already being actively worked on (not sure by whom).

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 23:05

pepillopev wrote:@duiz Hook and Slam Masters are good candidates (those interest me). If you can provide me the tracks, we can get something started.

@Pepv I know you wanted duiz to provide you the sound track, but I had stumbled on this a while back and I am happy I did here is a link to tracks
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/saturday-night-slam-masters-arcade Very Happy

Again, Was not trying to be rude, Just helping out :-). I hope it works.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 23:14

pepillopev wrote:

@Señor Ventura @Polargames If you both collect a complete soundtrack for this game. Then, I will consider helping in making the patch for Alien3. Considering this a team proposition.

I had found this, Its the Sega version sound but I think its better then the snes. Here is the link
https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/alien-3-ost-1992-sega-genesis
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by duiz Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 23:58

I'll get you Lossless FLAC based rips for those soundtracks.

duiz
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 0:04

@duiz Awesome.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 1:23

pepillopev wrote:@duiz Hook and Slam Masters are good candidates (those interest me). If you can provide me the tracks, we can get something started.

Hey pepillopev, i thought you were about to take a long break but you seem active again, if i could ask a favor, i have been really really trying to do mario rpg but i have been struggling to figure out the rom hack part of msu-1. I already have all the music picked out (it is from multiple artists like how the illusion of gaia msu-1 is) but i can get a pcm pack ready in a few days. I got a lot of time off work for this upcoming week and i can even help mapping the tracks if you would like, like i did for OoTW and EVO. I was just hoping to find a rom hacker to help me with the part i dont know how to do, the rom hack. No pressure if you have no interest or if i am mistaken and you really are on a long break, which i will fully respect.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 6:40

I have been really really trying to do mario rpg
RPG:s are hardest and most time intense to msu. In Jump'n Runs you can use different cheats and are in no time in a level to check for bugs. In RPG:s you usually need to play through the complete game, sometimes even multiple times. I am a big fan of action RPG (real time, like Zelda, SOM and so on), so I did most of these available.
To illustrate: In Illusion of Gaia I had to make a playthrough 2 times back that time, one time with spc to map the themes, parallel with msu on to check the music. Additionally I needed to watch a speedrun on youtube to see what actions I need to take next. That was netto 20 hours=3-4 days (2 times playig, one time video watching).
YS5 was a similar drama.

If somebody of us is interested in a title like Pev was in YS, I was in IoG such a patch most likely will happen.
Unfortunately, the RPG:s left on the list (Lufia, SMRPG, Mystic Quest, Star Ocean...) are all round base... Myself (even if I were not retired), can't stand these. If you are lucky somebody interested in these sort of RPG is found and fulfills your wish. I think Final Fantasy by insidious is the only of this sort of RPG that got msu:ed.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 8:32

I could have sworn Hook was done already. Man, mind playing tricks on me.

Saturday Night Slam Masters was also an arcade release, so me being the arcade guy, I would like to do that particular PCM set if it's happening. Same with any WWF games.

Also, I was in the process of creating a Star Ocean PCM set last week that I can finish if anyone is ever interested in patching that game. It's about half done.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:09

Conn wrote:
I have been really really trying to do mario rpg
RPG:s are hardest and most time intense to msu. In Jump'n Runs you can use different cheats and are in no time in a level to check for bugs. In RPG:s you usually need to play through the complete game, sometimes even multiple times. I am a big fan of action RPG (real time, like Zelda, SOM and so on), so I did most of these available.
To illustrate: In Illusion of Gaia I had to make a playthrough 2 times back that time, one time with spc to map the themes, parallel with msu on to check the music. Additionally I needed to watch a speedrun on youtube to see what actions I need to take next. That was netto 20 hours=3-4 days (2 times playig, one time video watching).
YS5 was a similar drama.

If somebody of us is interested in a title like Pev was in YS, I was in IoG such a patch most likely will happen.
Unfortunately, the RPG:s left on the list (Lufia, SMRPG, Mystic Quest, Star Ocean...) are all round base... Myself (even if I were not retired), can't stand these. If you are lucky somebody interested in these sort of RPG is found and fulfills your wish. I think Final Fantasy by insidious is the only of this sort of RPG that got msu:ed.

Thanks for the insight, im hoping to be able to figure out the msu rom hack so i can do it myself eventually, probably the only solution. I actually decided to switch to yoshi cookie as me first rom hack, its a much smaller game, easy to complete, and i will try mario rpg another time if i ever figure this out. Sorry to our rom hackers if i was a little too pushy.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:28

No, you haven't been pushy, I just pointed out why we cringe to msu SM RPG Very Happy
I rather feel sorry, because we usually try to fulfill the wishes of users that help on other projects (e.g., polargames: wolfenstein3d, kirby). And you helped a lot with evo and ootw, so that I "owe" you a favor as well... but yes at one time I must also strictly follow my retirement plans Razz

But if you succeed a bit with hacking, I'll certainly help with bug squeezing.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:41

@Relikk duiz provided me with lossless tracks for Slam Masters FM Towns version. I would inform him about the arcade ones (that you will do them before work gets started). Yes, I will start this game sometime this week.

pev

Back to top Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 7 Empty MSU-1 wishlist

Post by pev Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:42

@Relikk Forgot to mention, duiz also provided Hook FLAC samples from the movie OST too. And also this game is on my list. Glad I’m not f*ing retiring, right. Wink

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:50

@Jud6ment I see you decided on an easier title to practice. This is good. I’m willing to teach what i know if anyone is willing. I will do my best to teach Polar. I will attempt the same with you.

As for MarioRPG, I just don’t have the patience for long RPGs. They are more complex because of multiple triggers (90+ on average) and fading trickery. And, Heaven help us, the long hours to troubleshoot.

Let us see how you and Polar do learning MSU hacking. Then maybe we can visit this game.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by PersianImm0rtal Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 17:09

I have a really cool MSU1 hack that I think someone should do!

Put the CD quality music from Dungeon Explorer II for the TurboGrafx CD into the Super Famicom port that was translated into english called "Crystal Beans: From Dungeon Explorer".

Great sound track!

PersianImm0rtal
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by duiz Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 18:18

Relikk wrote:I could have sworn Hook was done already. Man, mind playing tricks on me.

Saturday Night Slam Masters was also an arcade release, so me being the arcade guy, I would like to do that particular PCM set if it's happening. Same with any WWF games.

Also, I was in the process of creating a Star Ocean PCM set last week that I can finish if anyone is ever interested in patching that game. It's about half done.

I actually sent him both the FM Towns and Arcade OST so he should have both in his PM! I have the original OST release which is the arcade ost properly mixed and mastered.

duiz
Bee
Bee

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next