MSU1 Patch wishlist

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 8 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by Relikk Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 5:37

duiz wrote:I have the original OST release which is the arcade ost properly mixed and mastered.

Sometimes they can be. A lot of the time commercially released soundtracks add unnecessary reverb, pseudo-stereo effects and go overboard with the top end, but usually aren't representative of the actual sound you hear in the game itself when playing.

If it's the Pony Canyon version then it's not too bad, but still guilty of what I mentioned above.

For me anyway, direct captures from PCB's is the really the only way to go to.
Relikk
Relikk

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 8 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 10:36

pepillopev wrote:@Jud6ment I see you decided on an easier title to practice. This is good. I’m willing to teach what i know if anyone is willing. I will do my best to teach Polar. I will attempt the same with you.

As for MarioRPG, I just don’t have the patience for long RPGs. They are more complex because of multiple triggers (90+ on average) and fading trickery. And, Heaven help us, the long hours to troubleshoot.

Let us see how you and Polar do learning MSU hacking. Then maybe we can visit this game.

So right now i have been spending some of my vacation time this week trying to figure out how to do a msu-1 rom hack and just coming to the conclusion that i just dont have the experience for it yet. I am still making it a long term goal to learn to rom hack but at this moment i am tired of spending all my vacation time and not getting far.

I still have a lot of time to work on a msu-1 so if a rom hacker like pepillopev was interested in doing a title simpler than mario rpg i will have plenty of time to do the music mapping and creating the pcm for it. I thinking Yoshi's Cookie or Kirby Superstar would be my two short games that interest me most, or if pepillopev, or another romhacker, wanted me to map and make pcm to another title that interest them and just needs a partner to take some of the work load off i can help with that. Or if no rom hacker wants to add another project to their "to do list" then i think i will just make a pcm set to an existing game we have done with music that interests me.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 8 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 11:59

@JUD6MENT I will start Slam Masters or Hook soon. Once I get the initial code up and running, if you are up to it, I will need help mapping the tracks.

I think Relikk will do the Slam Masters Arcade PCMs for it (not sure, have to confirm). If no one edits the FM Towns version (meaning, getting the samples to loop correctly), you can give it a try.

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 12:51

Ok, i will help mapping, especially if its hook because i remember liking that game as a kid, that one would be fun to revisit
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockslam Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 14:20

Some games that MSU wanted were the Front Mission (with pcm of the version of ps1) and Tactics Ogre (with pcm of the version of ps1 or Psp). And even if Star Fox 2 has already been doing some remixes of some songs. There's a demo.

Rockslam
Rockslam
Hardhat Beetle
Hardhat Beetle

Since : 2018-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 20:20

Rockslam wrote:Some games that MSU wanted were the Front Mission (with pcm of the version of ps1) and Tactics Ogre (with pcm of the version of ps1 or Psp). And even if Star Fox 2 has already been doing some remixes of some songs. There's a demo.

I really like your demo Rockslam, its sounds awesome Very Happy , Dumb qusten here, but can Star Fox 2 be MSU even thought it was dump from the mini system, I had heard that the games are in a different format. Would it still work?
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 8 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 23:13

Dumb qusten here, but can Star Fox 2 be MSU even thought it was dump from the mini system, I had heard that the games are in a different format. Would it still work?

If it's an SNES game (read: It's programmed in 65c816 assembly and made on Nintendo hardware complying the specifications), then yes, you can hack it to make use of the MSU-1 registers.

As far as I'm concerned, Star Fox 2 haven't seem to be modified to abuse the SNES mini hardware through Canoe, which would "disqualify" it as an authentic SNES game. Looks like to be an ordinary ROM, and it even works on real hardware:

Colines
Colines

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 8 Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 24 Sep 2018 - 0:25

Can confirm, it's a legit SNES/SuperFX game. No game-specific hacks or other trickery. And from what we've heard over the years in interviews, it's the exact game we would have gotten if it had been released. 100% complete, QA'd, etc.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Mon 24 Sep 2018 - 17:03

Thank you @qwertymodo and @Colines for letting me know that. I did not know that because when hachi was released for the snes mini you had to have the new games in srm format because thats the only file the emulator would read.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Señor Ventura Thu 27 Sep 2018 - 21:02

pepillopev wrote:
Señor Ventura wrote:Wow, i was hanging around in youtube, and it makes me an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTY8aA3lBY

May be it could be interesting...

@Señor Ventura @Polargames If you both collect a complete soundtrack for this game. Then, I will consider helping in making the patch for Alien3. Considering this a team proposition.

Ok, Any suggestions there to customize the soundtrack? (i mean, the remastered tracks are in youtube right now).

Lately I've been a few days thinking about something for the batman returns ost, instead of the one of the movie, but i have no inspiration... What kind of music could fit better in the game?.

P.D: Sorry, i didn't see your post ^^

Señor Ventura

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 8 Image110

Since : 2017-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 10:52

Still Waiting for Breakdance "Zombies ate my neighbors" Breakdance
PittStone
PittStone

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 15:39

PittStone wrote:Still Waiting for Breakdance "Zombies ate my neighbors" Breakdance

If you know how to map tracks, make PCM files, and at least have picked out a song for every track of the game it will increase your odds of finding a rom hacker to help with the project. Best of luck finding someone to help you.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 28 Sep 2018 - 16:04

I briefly looked into ZAMN, there were problems in terms of the mapping if I remember correctly. So I dropped it. But I think it is not that hard to msu.

I also looked into lufia2, I found a good hook but no way to differ the tracks...

in both cases I remembered my deserved retirement and dropped them. Much luck from my side as well Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Señor Ventura Sat 29 Sep 2018 - 11:27

I'm thinking about bass drums, cymballs and triangles like the principal instruments for batman returns, due to the sensation of being an oneiric dream all the time.

And a third instrument, carillon of bells and may be some coral things, due to the gothic component... is batman!!

I don't believe that any music in that game should contain melodies.

I'm still thinking...

Señor Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 13:19

A personal favourite... If anyone is ever interested in tackling Wing Commander at any stage, I have the FM Towns soundtrack ready to go.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Señor Ventura Sat 6 Oct 2018 - 20:02

I'm still experimenting music styles for the batman ost, but i'm having issues with instruments to create music sheets myself instead using predefined .wav files

I'm using music maker, and i think it has everything that one could need, but i'm organizing all... and then all the other stuff with the instruments (right now i only have piano, two types of drums, and stop there).

If anyone can drop me some tips, i would be grateful to him.

Señor Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 6 Oct 2018 - 23:28

Señor Ventura wrote:I'm still experimenting music styles for the batman ost, but i'm having issues with instruments to create music sheets myself instead using predefined .wav files

I'm using music maker, and i think it has everything that one could need, but i'm organizing all... and then all the other stuff with the instruments (right now i only have piano, two types of drums, and stop there).

If anyone can drop me some tips, i would be grateful to him.

Well, I do not know if this is a tip per say, but this is the website I had given to other pcm artest here on the site. Here is the link http://teknoaxe.com/Link_Code_3.php?q=1469. Now the link will send you to a video, Its a new song that has been made that to me at least gives off the Dark night tone for batman. It is a metal song, So if you do not like it I understand, but it could help you to make a more gothic sound. I hope this helps. The site has a ton of different music groups Smile and it all under the Creative Commons liccence. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Señor Ventura Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 14:44

It is turning hard xD

I just can't allow myself to edit the original fanfares, and so i can't to create anything different... it simply doesn't fits...

With alien 3 i don't achieve this result editing the presets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTY8aA3lBY

With final fight 2 i'm going to skip all the rules and make all i would want to see in a beat em up... but at this rate, i don't know... xD

Señor Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Señor Ventura Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 21:05

Well, finally i achieved to know how to work with the sound editors, and at last i completed one track with enough impressive results (especially comparing with the raw data of the original song of the snes).

In the beggining i had problems because the results were too dirty, and it was not satisfying, besides the reverb, the echo, and any other filter made the themes sound muffled or overexposed.

Now it sounds very clean (having in mind how sounds originally in snes), with all the frequency bands clearly separated, and treated especifically accordding its condition.

Instead of editing the track with all the desired effects, the trick is to duplicate the track two, three, or even four identical tracks, and then picking the first to activate the low frequencies and deactivate the middle and high frequencies... and for every track changing the configuration (low frequencies down, and the rest high, and so on), and duplicating again every one of them to select different values of panning, delay, imaging, etc.

All is reproduced simultaneously, and recorded as only one track, and the result is a track with all of this information without saturations, and the correct depth and body, reverb, width, and brightness.

So much work, but with the presets already calculated, in the next days i think i could complete all the tracks (tomorrow i have to back to work, so is time to take it easy, cause the important is already done, the rest is apply the presets to the other tracks).

With the batman returns ost i'm still doing some progressions, slow, but safe. I want it to look good, near to the stile of the movie, but with a lot of details and overtones, as much as possible. The sad part is that here i neither can't to untie any creativity...

...but i'm thinking in the hack of final fight 2, that it needs a good trying with an original ost, and finally i want to put here some electric guitars, beats, and modern stuff.

Señor Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 14 Oct 2018 - 23:35

@Señor Ventura , I wish you the best of luck on your PCMs and cannot wait to here them when they are done :-)
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 1:38

fullgamezone wrote:All the super nintendo games that have of neo geo. Put the Audio of the games of Neo Geo in the games of Super Nintendo.
Example
Samirai Shodown
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury
And others....

Would playing the Neo Geo version just be the same thing? is there differences in the versions? maybe I just don't understand so that is why I kinda ask. sometimes I see "put sega soundtrack in snes version" and it makes me wonder, why not just play the sega version?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by GameGenie720 Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 20:49

Wrestlemania The Arcade game with the actual wrestlers theme songs would be fire!
GameGenie720
GameGenie720
Leever
Leever

Since : 2018-04-26

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Relikk Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 3:52

I made soundtracks for the arcade versions of Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special earlier this year. Nobody has decided to patch the games, yet.

fullgamezone wrote:What changes is that in the NEO GEO CD version the songs are a bit better.

Matter of opinion. Myself, I prefer the original YM2610 based soundtracks.

fullgamezone wrote:To export the songs to the SD2SNES is easier because you just have to take the songs from the roms of NEO GEO CD in * .mp3 and convert to * .PCM

There's no point in converting them to MP3 and then back to WAV/PCM when 1:1 disc images would contain the original lossless Red Book audio. MP3 should be a last resort when creating audio for MSU1 soundtracks. Always try to source lossless files first, otherwise you're wasting the lossless capability of MSU1.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next