MSU-1 wishlist

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

multiple answers: which games do you want most urgently with msu1 support?

73% 73% 
[ 8 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Re: MSU-1 wishlist

Post by pepillopev on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:41

@Relikk duiz provided me with lossless tracks for Slam Masters FM Towns version. I would inform him about the arcade ones (that you will do them before work gets started). Yes, I will start this game sometime this week.

pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

MSU-1 wishlist

Post by pepillopev on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:42

@Relikk Forgot to mention, duiz also provided Hook FLAC samples from the movie OST too. And also this game is on my list. Glad I’m not f*ing retiring, right. Wink

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 9:50

@Jud6ment I see you decided on an easier title to practice. This is good. I’m willing to teach what i know if anyone is willing. I will do my best to teach Polar. I will attempt the same with you.

As for MarioRPG, I just don’t have the patience for long RPGs. They are more complex because of multiple triggers (90+ on average) and fading trickery. And, Heaven help us, the long hours to troubleshoot.

Let us see how you and Polar do learning MSU hacking. Then maybe we can visit this game.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by PersianImm0rtal on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 17:09

I have a really cool MSU1 hack that I think someone should do!

Put the CD quality music from Dungeon Explorer II for the TurboGrafx CD into the Super Famicom port that was translated into english called "Crystal Beans: From Dungeon Explorer".

Great sound track!

PersianImm0rtal
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by duiz on Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 18:18

Relikk wrote:I could have sworn Hook was done already. Man, mind playing tricks on me.

Saturday Night Slam Masters was also an arcade release, so me being the arcade guy, I would like to do that particular PCM set if it's happening. Same with any WWF games.

Also, I was in the process of creating a Star Ocean PCM set last week that I can finish if anyone is ever interested in patching that game. It's about half done.

I actually sent him both the FM Towns and Arcade OST so he should have both in his PM! I have the original OST release which is the arcade ost properly mixed and mastered.

duiz
Bee
Bee

Since : 2015-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 5:37

duiz wrote:I have the original OST release which is the arcade ost properly mixed and mastered.

Sometimes they can be. A lot of the time commercially released soundtracks add unnecessary reverb, pseudo-stereo effects and go overboard with the top end, but usually aren't representative of the actual sound you hear in the game itself when playing.

If it's the Pony Canyon version then it's not too bad, but still guilty of what I mentioned above.

For me anyway, direct captures from PCB's is the really the only way to go to.

Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 10:36

pepillopev wrote:@Jud6ment I see you decided on an easier title to practice. This is good. I’m willing to teach what i know if anyone is willing. I will do my best to teach Polar. I will attempt the same with you.

As for MarioRPG, I just don’t have the patience for long RPGs. They are more complex because of multiple triggers (90+ on average) and fading trickery. And, Heaven help us, the long hours to troubleshoot.

Let us see how you and Polar do learning MSU hacking. Then maybe we can visit this game.

So right now i have been spending some of my vacation time this week trying to figure out how to do a msu-1 rom hack and just coming to the conclusion that i just dont have the experience for it yet. I am still making it a long term goal to learn to rom hack but at this moment i am tired of spending all my vacation time and not getting far.

I still have a lot of time to work on a msu-1 so if a rom hacker like pepillopev was interested in doing a title simpler than mario rpg i will have plenty of time to do the music mapping and creating the pcm for it. I thinking Yoshi's Cookie or Kirby Superstar would be my two short games that interest me most, or if pepillopev, or another romhacker, wanted me to map and make pcm to another title that interest them and just needs a partner to take some of the work load off i can help with that. Or if no rom hacker wants to add another project to their "to do list" then i think i will just make a pcm set to an existing game we have done with music that interests me.
JUD6MENT
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 11:59

@JUD6MENT I will start Slam Masters or Hook soon. Once I get the initial code up and running, if you are up to it, I will need help mapping the tracks.

I think Relikk will do the Slam Masters Arcade PCMs for it (not sure, have to confirm). If no one edits the FM Towns version (meaning, getting the samples to loop correctly), you can give it a try.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Mon 6 Aug 2018 - 12:51

Ok, i will help mapping, especially if its hook because i remember liking that game as a kid, that one would be fun to revisit
JUD6MENT
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum