MSU1 Patch wishlist

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 9 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by vacantplanets Wed 31 Oct 2018 - 22:50

Der Langrisser with the Langrisser PC Engine CD OST. How good is this soundtrack? It wasn't used for any port except the Genesis Warsong arrangement. My favorite parts are probably the player phases 1 and 2. At 3:29 and 5:42.

vacantplanets
vacantplanets
Witch
Witch

Since : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by _Q_ Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 10:06

I recently found out that Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre were re-released for the Sega Saturn in Japan only, and the re-releases featured enhanced music (see videos below). I'd love to see MSU1 music hacks of both games so that they can be played on SNES with the enhanced Sega Saturn music.

If anyone ends up working on Ogre Battle, I recommend using the Nintendo Power version of the game (released only in Japan) instead of the official North American release. This version of the game was recently translated to English by FinS, and it has a number of great features not present in the NA release.

_Q_
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:03

I don't know if the new S-DD1 core for the SD2SNES is MSU1 capable yet, but I decided to create an arcade Street Fighter Alpha 2 PCM set if a patch ever became available. I was in the process of doing a Star Ocean set a while ago that can be finished, as well.

Wing Commander link below, also.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arcade PCM Link

Wing Commander FM Towns PCM Link
Relikk
Relikk

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 9 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:20

@Relikk I doubt it is, the same applies to SA-1 core too (no MSU1 implementation yet). Still, it would not hurt to MSU them in anticipation for full support.

Magno has stated that the SDD-1 core is still buggy (the current "unofficial" files are not meant for the public yet). This includes RedGuy's fork (as majority of Magno's code is based out of).

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:31

If ever there was an SF game that needed an MSU1 upgrade, it's Alpha 2, seeing as they sacrificed the music quality in favour of voice samples. It really is quite shitty.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 19:27

@Relikk I hold heartily agree with you that SF2 Alpha 2 needs some MSU love.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:06

@Relikk Wow, SF Alpha 2 was surprisingly easy to MSU with spc fallback so far. I will test the beta SDD-1 core on sd2snes soon and let you know if it works. Stand by.

UPDATE: Ok, finally found a pre-compiled version. Will test tomorrow.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 2:39

Good work, Pev. Many thanks again. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on one of the many arranged soundtracks, like the PS1 version when I get home later today, to add to the arcade version.

I think the SNES version combines some of the ending tracks (arcade has Ryu Ending 1 and 2 as separate tracks, for example), but no problems, I'll edit them together once we're in full swing.

I'll get to Mizoguchi from tomorrow onwards, then.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 7:53

@Relikk Good news, Magno and Redguy's beta SDD-1 plays MSU on SFA2 just fine. What a surprise this is. I will finish SF Alpha 2 once Fighter's History MK is finished (almost done with Conn's help). The story mode track triggers are proving to be a PITA.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 7:56

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk Good news, Magno and Redguy's beta SDD-1 plays MSU os SFA2 just fine. What a surprise this is. I will finish SF Alpha 2 once Fighter's History MK is finished (almost done with Conn's help). The story mode is proving to be a PITA.

I doubt there'll be any kind of demand for Mizoguchi, that can be put on the back burner if it's problematic. It was really just an idea because the Karnov's Revenge/Fighter's History Dynamite soundtrack fits that game more than it does the original Fighter's History.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 9:46

@Relikk I found a solution for FHMK. If all goes well, i can finish this by tonight or tomorrow. Conn put too much work on this and I would like to see this through. I owe him that since he always puts a lot into these patches.

SFA2 can wait just a couple days more. For SFA2, I just need to make sure the hooks I chose are good for the whole game. Something FHMK gave me issues at first until Conn helped me out.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:03

Here are the preliminary Arranged Alpha 2 PCM's...

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arranged PCM Link
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:07

@Relikk Are these the same ones you posted over at the Everdrive Forums? I downloaded them from there.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:16

I didn't post any PCM links over there. They're in this thread a few posts up, and they were the arcade PCM's (along with Wing Commander). I'll just put both SFA2 links in this post as well...

SFA2 Arcade

SFA2 Arranged
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:18

@Relikk Maybe, I got them from here them. I am so confused. I am going to open a separate topic for SF2A in the MSU development to avoid hijacking this topic.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:18

Good idea.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by _Q_ Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 20:57

Glad to see SF Alpha 2 getting some attention. The crappy-sounding music actually bothers me more than the missing characters and slower gameplay.

If anyone is interested in hacking a SNES fighter that's been seeing competitive play recently, I would recommend looking into Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S: Jougai Rantou!? Shuyaku Soudatsusen. You can find a bunch of tournaments on YouTube; it was even played at Evo 2018. I'm pretty sure the music is from the Sailor Moon anime, so it wouldn't be too hard to put a soundtrack together if you're familiar with the show.

There's also an updated version of the game called Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S: Zenin Sanka!! Shuyaku Soudatsusen, which has an extra character. But for whatever reason, this version of the game doesn't seem to be as popular.

_Q_
Bee
Bee

Since : 2018-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 15:38

Any News About Tales of Phantasia? Is a MSU-1 Hack in the Work?
PittStone
PittStone

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 9 Image110

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 21:52

This isn't a request for a game for the game's sake... this is just for the word-play, punz, and lulz.
My request is to take ANY fishing game with "bass" in it's name, and use the cartridge as a platform for a bad ass edm record.
I MEAN COME ON!
o.k... you're right. It may be a lot of work for a little lol, but think of the experience!
It's a nice day, you've picked your favorite fishing hole, hidden away from all the distractions of the outside world. The lake is glistening in the sunlight and then you faintly here the whisper of a low volume reverse cymbal, gradually growing louder over 4 measures... and then it happens.
Your line becomes taut. You look out to see your bobber bobbing.
This is it.
The excitement is building. The pressure is on.
Will you be the Bass Master?
Day2Data
Day2Data
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 18:33

@PittStone, I do not know if the game you are asking for is in the works, it might be, but I do not know. I do hope someone will let you know for sure. :-D

@Day2Data, I do like your idea for said fishing game, that would be awesome, but I do not know if that is being worked on at all. If I was better at MSU1, I would take a crack at it, but I am still working on my own project and I still failing at that. Sorry I could not be more helpful on it, but I did want to let you know I did like your idea :-D
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 9 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LumpsMcHumps Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 9:47

There are 2 games that i want PCM enhancements for.
Live-A-Live, and Feda: Emblem of Justice. I don't think the issue would be hacking the games as much as it would be to find the sound files for them. I know Feda has a version on Sega Saturn which has a wonderful sound adaptation, but as for Live-A-Live it's hard to find sound mixes that appeal to me as a mood setter.
I still can't find a version of Megalomania that compels me but I love the song.

LumpsMcHumps
Newcomer

Since : 2019-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LumpsMcHumps Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 10:02

In the instance of Feda, there are some songs that need to be spliced, as in the saturn soundtrack some of the songs were merged together for some reason, or at least in the versions I could find. I wouldn't mind doing some of the groundwork to create .wav's, but my computer's being a real pain due to a.net framework issue preventing me from creating .pcm's. I have to do a re-install of windows and i'm lazy about getting around to that due to financial reasons.

Not that i have a patch songs to apply to mind you.
Haven't found a version of the simplistic world map music but i find it oddly charming for what it is anyways. I think it's the one thing i'd leave untouched.

LumpsMcHumps
Newcomer

Since : 2019-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 13:02

LumpsMcHumps wrote:There are 2 games that i want PCM enhancements for.
Live-A-Live, and Feda: Emblem of Justice. I don't think the issue would be hacking the games as much as it would be to find the sound files for them. I know Feda has a version on Sega Saturn which has a wonderful sound adaptation, but as for Live-A-Live it's hard to find sound mixes that appeal to me as a mood setter.
I still can't find a version of Megalomania that compels me but I love the song.

Actual, the problem is reversed. Sometimes requests get answered, but at the moment, we do not have an active rom hacker. We only had about 5 total that could do rom hacks and they have all retired. We have a few people trying to learn it though, im going to try again this summer when i have time. Best of luck finding a rom hacker.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 9 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 5:54

Yes, what started as a test by me (msu:ing zelda), continued becoming a hobby and ended as a burden. Luckily PepilloPev, Kurrono, qwertymodo and darkshock joined (but we 5 are mainly the only ones doing these patches).
We ended up with msu:ing 138 games in the meanwhile, what is a considerable achievement for mainly just 5 people. I think all games "that have a name" are successfully patched to enable msu.
At least I have currently neither the time nor the interest to patch further games. So I second Jud6ment with
Best of luck finding a rom hacker.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 7:32

Conn wrote:Yes, what started as a test by me (msu:ing zelda), continued becoming a hobby and ended as a burden. Luckily PepilloPev, Kurrono, qwertymodo and darkshock joined (but we 5 are mainly the only ones doing these patches).
We ended up with msu:ing 138 games in the meanwhile, what is a considerable achievement for mainly just 5 people. I think all games "that have a name" are successfully patched to enable msu.
At least I have currently neither the time nor the interest to patch further games. So I second Jud6ment with
Best of luck finding a rom hacker.

Wow, never counted them before but 138 is amazing. And every big title is done, the only one i could find is Kirby Superstar, but even then we still have a Kirby game. If a rom hacker does do a new game, they can count on my help, but this community sure got a lot done.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next