MSU-1 wishlist

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: MSU-1 wishlist

Post by PittStone on Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 15:38

Any News About Tales of Phantasia? Is a MSU-1 Hack in the Work?
PittStone
PittStone
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data on Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 21:52

This isn't a request for a game for the game's sake... this is just for the word-play, punz, and lulz.
My request is to take ANY fishing game with "bass" in it's name, and use the cartridge as a platform for a bad ass edm record.
I MEAN COME ON!
o.k... you're right. It may be a lot of work for a little lol, but think of the experience!
It's a nice day, you've picked your favorite fishing hole, hidden away from all the distractions of the outside world. The lake is glistening in the sunlight and then you faintly here the whisper of a low volume reverse cymbal, gradually growing louder over 4 measures... and then it happens.
Your line becomes taut. You look out to see your bobber bobbing.
This is it.
The excitement is building. The pressure is on.
Will you be the Bass Master?
Day2Data
Day2Data
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 18:33

@PittStone, I do not know if the game you are asking for is in the works, it might be, but I do not know. I do hope someone will let you know for sure. :-D

@Day2Data, I do like your idea for said fishing game, that would be awesome, but I do not know if that is being worked on at all. If I was better at MSU1, I would take a crack at it, but I am still working on my own project and I still failing at that. Sorry I could not be more helpful on it, but I did want to let you know I did like your idea :-D
Polargames
Polargames
Ganon
Ganon

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LumpsMcHumps on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 9:47

There are 2 games that i want PCM enhancements for.
Live-A-Live, and Feda: Emblem of Justice. I don't think the issue would be hacking the games as much as it would be to find the sound files for them. I know Feda has a version on Sega Saturn which has a wonderful sound adaptation, but as for Live-A-Live it's hard to find sound mixes that appeal to me as a mood setter.
I still can't find a version of Megalomania that compels me but I love the song.

LumpsMcHumps
Newcomer

Since : 2019-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LumpsMcHumps on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 10:02

In the instance of Feda, there are some songs that need to be spliced, as in the saturn soundtrack some of the songs were merged together for some reason, or at least in the versions I could find. I wouldn't mind doing some of the groundwork to create .wav's, but my computer's being a real pain due to a.net framework issue preventing me from creating .pcm's. I have to do a re-install of windows and i'm lazy about getting around to that due to financial reasons.

Not that i have a patch songs to apply to mind you.
Haven't found a version of the simplistic world map music but i find it oddly charming for what it is anyways. I think it's the one thing i'd leave untouched.

LumpsMcHumps
Newcomer

Since : 2019-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 13:02

LumpsMcHumps wrote:There are 2 games that i want PCM enhancements for.
Live-A-Live, and Feda: Emblem of Justice. I don't think the issue would be hacking the games as much as it would be to find the sound files for them. I know Feda has a version on Sega Saturn which has a wonderful sound adaptation, but as for Live-A-Live it's hard to find sound mixes that appeal to me as a mood setter.
I still can't find a version of Megalomania that compels me but I love the song.

Actual, the problem is reversed. Sometimes requests get answered, but at the moment, we do not have an active rom hacker. We only had about 5 total that could do rom hacks and they have all retired. We have a few people trying to learn it though, im going to try again this summer when i have time. Best of luck finding a rom hacker.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 5:54

Yes, what started as a test by me (msu:ing zelda), continued becoming a hobby and ended as a burden. Luckily PepilloPev, Kurrono, qwertymodo and darkshock joined (but we 5 are mainly the only ones doing these patches).
We ended up with msu:ing 138 games in the meanwhile, what is a considerable achievement for mainly just 5 people. I think all games "that have a name" are successfully patched to enable msu.
At least I have currently neither the time nor the interest to patch further games. So I second Jud6ment with
Best of luck finding a rom hacker.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 7:32

Conn wrote:Yes, what started as a test by me (msu:ing zelda), continued becoming a hobby and ended as a burden. Luckily PepilloPev, Kurrono, qwertymodo and darkshock joined (but we 5 are mainly the only ones doing these patches).
We ended up with msu:ing 138 games in the meanwhile, what is a considerable achievement for mainly just 5 people. I think all games "that have a name" are successfully patched to enable msu.
At least I have currently neither the time nor the interest to patch further games. So I second Jud6ment with
Best of luck finding a rom hacker.

Wow, never counted them before but 138 is amazing. And every big title is done, the only one i could find is Kirby Superstar, but even then we still have a Kirby game. If a rom hacker does do a new game, they can count on my help, but this community sure got a lot done.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 9:01

The database is 138 posts and each post is an own entry... but netto there are less. Like some games count double (AST english dub, spc replacement or such).

And every big title is done, the only one i could find is Kirby Superstar, but even then we still have a Kirby game.
Well there are more or less 700 snes games out there, so everybody will miss his big title. When I was young one of my ost played game was mystic quest, so I'd consider this a big titel missing as well Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Tue 29 Jan 2019 - 19:42

Wow 138 games, darn that's really great. If anyone is wondering that is roughly 50+ GB. Still very cool though. Kirby Superstar, forgot about that game, but I agree that one Kirby game is good.

@Conn What is mystic quest? I had never herd of that game before?
Polargames
Polargames
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 0:26

My backup says 104 GB. Mystic Quest is a RPG alike Lufia, you can watch youtube videos. Nowadays I'd consider it as a shitty game, but back that time... Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 3:27

Polargames wrote:Wow 138 games, darn that's really great. If anyone is wondering that is roughly 50+ GB.

Some games have multiple PCM sets, so Conn 100+gb sounds right.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 22:33

JUD6MENT wrote:
Polargames wrote:Wow 138 games, darn that's really great. If anyone is wondering that is roughly 50+ GB.

Some games have multiple PCM sets, so Conn 100+gb sounds right.

Yea, Conn is right, I had made a error on my part, I did forget to count all of the pcms packs we have. Conn 1 Polar 0 lol. Its all good. Smile
Polargames
Polargames
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames on Wed 30 Jan 2019 - 22:46

Conn wrote:My backup says 104 GB. Mystic Quest is a RPG alike Lufia, you can watch youtube videos. Nowadays I'd consider it as a shitty game, but back that time... Smile

O Ok, Cool hey sometimes the shitty games tend to hold more value to people then the popular titles. One of my favorites games that people think is bad is Dirty Harry for the NES.
Polargames
Polargames
Ganon
Ganon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldal on Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 2:39

I don't want to be that guy, but it feels like this wishlist listed above has lost it's purpose, and completely derailed. Best to remove it or else get people's hopes up for nothing, Dragon Quest MSU-1 is never going to happen.

Zeldal
Newcomer

Since : 2017-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 1 Mar 2019 - 5:09

Your wish is my order. I tried to update that all time, whenever a wish was fullfilled (happened quite often), but yeah.
There are some projects left over (Earthbound, Lufia1, Fighter History Jp), where the code is done, but the pcm on the wait queue. But aside these games, I don't think anything further happens soon.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer on Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 14:50

I don't know if anyone has attempted this yet but could they do this game here ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagane:_The_Final_Conflict
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 15:08

What music would you use, though? There's no arranged soundtrack for Hagane.

Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniComputer on Sat 2 Mar 2019 - 19:04

Relikk wrote:What music would you use, though? There's no arranged soundtrack for Hagane.

Something similiar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfjiP4Fyc4M&list=PLVImKo3N3jJEaHJ00SOapAIShLnh8lmLj&index=3
MiniComputer
MiniComputer
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2017-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Sun 3 Mar 2019 - 18:16

Just a small heads-up to everyone concerning those 3 games in progress:

- earthbound: shadowOne pm:ed me recently that there is some small tinkering left (all tracks are done) - I hope he will release his set soon. Another set by vince is also in progress, but here I have no update at all since months.

- Lufia 1: I pm:ed Jud6ment, and he's quite busy with college but he tries to finish in spring break which should be quite soon.

- Fighter's History MK: I helped Pev a bit out with the code and think/hope it is at 100% now. Last thing to do are some missing tracks by Relikk... are here any updates?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Sun 3 Mar 2019 - 18:31

Conn wrote:- Fighter's History MK: I helped Pev a bit out with the code and think/hope it is at 100% now. Last thing to do are some missing tracks by Relikk... are here any updates?

Sadly, no. I honestly never really had a plan for anything other than what is currently available. I slightly discouraged Pev from starting it for that reason, but it didn't work. Laughing

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 5:06

I see, I think we have a spc fallback and would vote for release it with what we have then, if Pev concurs Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 11:24

@Conn The track mapping I already completed for the game. I suggest just making the fighting stages MSU'ed and leave story mode as SPC (since no worthy tracks exists to make use of). But if you want to release the game as is then let everyone else make their own PCM packs as they please, I'm fine with this as well.

@Relikk If you are currently working on or are done with the "fighting stages" PCMs, let me know. If time is a concern, I can do them to close this one up at least as a partial MSU'ed game. I was just under the impression you were going to work on them and release the game after passing on the finished track map to you a while ago. My bad.

Current ASM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1epnbydbm7sb3f/fhmk_msu1.asm?dl=0

Current IPS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5d51aphmng89b4/fhmk_msu1.ips?dl=0

Current Track Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qb_z9oZxV-W3a8STmbV59tvinJpKlmkhzzccwpy1k6E/edit#gid=830426374

pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Mon 4 Mar 2019 - 13:23

Oh seems like here was a misunderstanding, good it is solved. I'm not much concerned with this project but I assume there are no good tracks to map the story spc. I'm happy with any release (half msu, half spc or whatever). Maybe those pcm from fighting history can be reused?
Ah well guess the release is up to relikk?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Wed 6 Mar 2019 - 13:41

Yeah, sorry Pev. Never really had anything more except for the Dynamite/Karnov's Revenge soundtrack. The tracks have always been done in that regard, they just need balancing against the game and original SPC's. I can do that this weekend, and I can try and find something else for it, but I can't guarantee anything.

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum