D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-10-30

Back to top Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by Conn Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 4:33

Much thanks, I will update the patch packages soon. One qestion: are all ntsc patches for non-headered US rom? The pal versions are the ported msu patches for the french versions, right (no translation patch merged)?

What is x_msu1.bps? Castlevania X?
Conn
Conn

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 5:08

Yes all ntsc patches that's it for non-headered USA roms.

The PAL version there is only Hook who has a translation the other games come from the French version.

No is Xardion.
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 11:06

ok, I updated those patch packs that I host.

Not updated:
capc
chrono trigger
sd3
sfx
u.n.s
x
scity
som

I will forward those to Pev, if he likes to update his patch packages. For other authors SoM (DS) and Chrono (qwerty), I'd suggest to give an additional link.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 11:55

@D2DEZEL
Updated for Ntsc French:
Captain Commando NTSC (capc)
Alien3 NTSC
UN Squadron (uns)

Updated for Pal French:
SimCity (scity, already in zip file since Aug 2019 by me, renamed patches for clarification)

@Conn Updated all (listed above) hosted on my end. If you'd like, I can update the others but this would require a link change (hosting on my end). Since, I have no access to your host.

pev

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 13:07

thanks guys,
for the next msu-1 hacks i can continued posted here or elsewhere?
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 13:49

@Pev
Alien3 NTSC
This is hosted by me I think Very Happy
Much thanks.

I also hosted SOM and CT (find the links in the respective database below the english patch).

Not hosted:
sd3 - what is this abbreviation for a game?
sfx - what is this abbreviation for a game?
x

@D2DEZEL
I am sorry to say this, but it is really nasty maintainance work to update the patch packages as you can imagine.
I have no objections if RPG:s are translated, but please no further basic English stuff like Super Mario World or others. If somebody desperately needs his mother tongue msu patch, we are here to help, but you see: we have 150+ hacks and english, spanish, portuguese, french, german pal versions + fan hacks to swedish, russian, whatever means simply too much work!
It is impossible to make all minorities happy (I am German as well, so no offense), but I think we can presuppose basic English knowledge as the global main language.

So I am happy if you post all sort of complex text roms like rpg:s but I think we can renounce on those Jump 'n run stuff Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 17:54

Seiken densetsu 3
Star fox
yes no worries, I leave my link mega, if people need for other games. For rpg's I would let you know
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 4 Nov 2019 - 18:35

ok, added to som2 and star fox, and made an extra french link to xardion. Now we have covered all your patches.

Yes, I'd strongly suggest in future to make these patches only on request or tell the users how to make their own rom using a translation patch - exceptions are rpg:s Wink otherwise it's just sheer impossible work to all of us.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by D2DEZEL Thu 7 Nov 2019 - 2:39

new patch Terranigma in PAL FR file
https://mega.nz/#F!EEcFxYrQ!EtY8rhklKHIdhxB7K8kRFA
D2DEZEL
D2DEZEL
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 28 Nov 2019 - 21:54

Could Tetris Attack be able to get msu1? Just asking?
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Highblade7777 Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 12:43

Since beat em ups seem easier it would be nice to see a MSU update to The King of Dragons.

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by retrocoon Wed 18 Dec 2019 - 16:11

Greetings!

I have a question/request, and i first must add that i have exactly zero knowledge when it comes to programming/coding and all that stuff!

Is there an easy way to convert MP3s into PCMs that can be used with an already existing MSU-1-patch?
The reason why i'm asking is that i absolutely love the Luminist | Super Metroid: Resynthesized by Luminist. I already found THIS which also contains a link to some PCMs, but the first link i posted is more complete as Luminist created a total of 15 tracks which can be downloaded via a link in the video description. So there are still 4 PCMs missing...

retrocoon
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 19 Dec 2019 - 5:43

retrocoon wrote:Greetings!

I have a question/request, and i first must add that i have exactly zero knowledge when it comes to programming/coding and all that stuff!

Is there an easy way to convert MP3s into PCMs that can be used with an already existing MSU-1-patch?
The reason why i'm asking is that i absolutely love the Luminist | Super Metroid: Resynthesized by Luminist. I already found THIS which also contains a link to some PCMs, but the first link i posted is more complete as Luminist created a total of 15 tracks which can be downloaded via a link in the video description. So there are still 4 PCMs missing...

Yeah, it takes about little bit to learn and figure out loop points but it is not bad at. From the homepage, look under msu-1 tools and qwertymodo has great tools and youtube tutorials for this stuff. It took me about two hours total to download everything and learn how to find loop points and stuff, it is not too bad.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by retrocoon Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 7:50

JUD6MENT wrote:Yeah, it takes about little bit to learn and figure out loop points but it is not bad at. From the homepage, look under msu-1 tools and qwertymodo has great tools and youtube tutorials for this stuff. It took me about two hours total to download everything and learn how to find loop points and stuff, it is not too bad.

Thank you for this, i will try this. I always thought converting a file is the whole deal. Never thought of loop-points! Smile

retrocoon
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-11-21

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Empty WISHLIST

Post by Cyber_Yagami Sun 19 Apr 2020 - 18:01

I'd love to see:

Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Samurai Shodown
Power Instinct
World Heroes
World Heroes2
Cyber_Yagami
Cyber_Yagami

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Image110

Since : 2018-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 19:33

Hey everyone, i finished the semester with great grades. If one of our very few active msu1 rom hackers wanted to do a new project i will have the time to help them with track mapping, making pcm, and play testing. I know how to do anything but the actual rom hack. I personally think a Yoshi Cookie would be a fun msu1, but understand if no one is up for the task. Hope everyone is having a good summer.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 2 May 2020 - 8:52

If you really have too much time during the current corona crisis, there's one open pcm pack project for Final Fantasy Adventure:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wDfFul-RKzvR-KM6rggqGsCDZ_SASJKqq9JR0QmZrC8/edit#gid=0

The Adventures of Mana pack is finished (red letters in the dox) and released by PepilloPev, but we have the sword of Mana set left open. In the google docs you find it below Sword of Mana (Qwertymodo) in green letters, there are also some of my suggestions which theme to use (but this selection would be of course up to you).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 2 May 2020 - 16:24

I may take you up on that offer if no one gets around to completing it. I got 3 open personal pcm projects that i think i will finish those up first. Then, i will take on this one if it is still open. This is going to be the first summer i take a break from school in years. Having no school, and as you said not much to do really at this moment, i have plenty of time to do multiple projects the next 4 months. Im really excited for this nice break.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 2 May 2020 - 16:50

Unless you really want this one done soon, i can do it now if you would like.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 2 May 2020 - 17:23

There's absolutely no rush, initially qwerty wanted to step into this but he has 5 projects on the run (links awakening, sgb wide-screen, chrono trigger and many more), so I think he has no objections if anybody else is going for that.
But as said only if you have the motivation, and after your 4 open projects Wink

I don't think there will be any further projects soon. My agenda is done so far. This msu is neverending, there might be some good titles left (sgb stuff, tales of phantasia, etc...) But my motivation to start a new project decreases unfortunately.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raw64life Sun 10 May 2020 - 13:51

I recently discovered MSU1 and while I love it, I'm flabbergasted that there are no MSU1 hacks for any of the Dragon Quest games. There were 4 of them on the SNES, they're all fantastic games and they've all been fully translated. The games were among the very first video games to have the full OST performed by a real orchestra in the early 90's. If I didn't know any better I would have just assumed that the creation of MSU1 hacks was inspired by the DQ series, but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case.

Who do I have to pay to get these done? I'm only half joking here.

Raw64life
Newcomer

Since : 2020-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 10 May 2020 - 23:14

Raw64life wrote:I recently discovered MSU1 and while I love it, I'm flabbergasted that there are no MSU1 hacks for any of the Dragon Quest games. There were 4 of them on the SNES, they're all fantastic games and they've all been fully translated. The games were among the very first video games to have the full OST performed by a real orchestra in the early 90's. If I didn't know any better I would have just assumed that the creation of MSU1 hacks was inspired by the DQ series, but apparently that doesn't seem to be the case.

Who do I have to pay to get these done? I'm only half joking here.

Dear Raw64life,

Hello my name is Polargames, feel free to call me Polar. To answer you post, RPG's of any kind are a pain to msu. They require a lot of work trying to find the right mute point. Even when one feels they have the perfect mute point, it can be not true. They also have a long list of bugs, that when it comes to play testing, can cause a lot of head ache. That is just on the coding side and play testing, when it comes to the pcm's they too are a pain because a lot of music has to be substituted and that takes a lot of time and work also. All the msu patches here are done in people's free time, so some games do get left out. While I understand that Dragons Quest is a great series that a lot off people enjoy, the amount of work required is way to much for just one person to do. As of now we have only one major msu person. So your request may or may not be done. If you are good at ASM code, your more then welcome to try to msu those games yourself Smile. For payment Zeldix cannot accept any kind. Its a violation of the site rules and code of conduct. I hope that my answer has help you out, and please feel free to try the games we have done. Thank you very much. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 12 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next