Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 7 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by scawful Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 14:01

That painting is seriously impressive. Everything looks really well made and I love how the galaxy center is coming along!
scawful
scawful

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 16:43

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 StargateZ3v41570002_zps09fb6004

Left half of the galaxy center is done! (needs x mirroring now)

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 StargateZ3v41570000_zps67d70c70 Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 StargateZ3v41570001_zps228ee30f
^^ The first and second layers

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 18:09

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Image1350_zps219b1a72

Each painting will lead to a different world. On the left from top to bottom: City of the Gods, Wastelands, Resident Evil mansion (spencer estate), Space, Modern world..
...on the right: Ganon's final battle.

Need to add them in yy-chr and change the palettes, then I'll add them in-game Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 20:40

First painting added in game, here's a video of it alongside the galaxy center Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 20:48

That's seriously impressive SePH! How you manage to get something so complex like that in the game is crazy. It looks really awesome, keep it up dude I can't wait to see all the paintings when they're all in the game.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 11 Sep 2013 - 22:10

Thanks!!

Just finished inserting them all Wink

Need to fix the paths now and add some more details... then the rift will pretty much be complete!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 20:25

Just send you a patch to
- implement the shovel as 24th item (many thanks to Euclid)
- fix the posts with pott destroy L2-L4 sword (many thanks to XaserLE)
- fix the morning star when dying

Let me know if everythign works as it should Wink
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 20:27

I'll check it out right away, thanks!!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 20:55

Tested the rom and as far as I can tell, everything works as intended! Thank you very much for taking the time to improve the hack even more! It's a relief to be keeping both the shovel and flute!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 21:26

perfect Smile always a pleasure to help with this project. So from the code everything is as you need, except the introduction message in boss rooms and bugfixes?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 13 Sep 2013 - 23:37

"-Introduction messages"
"-General bug fixes"

Yep that's pretty much it! Aside a few other things of course (I'll probably make new threads in the requests for those as I think about them Razz)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 4:58

Getting there Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 6:58

Wonderful... only picky thing I still mention is the moon in the background of Ganon's picture. I think it would look better if there is a moonlight in the background as in the original:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Image310

But it really also looks amazing the way it is Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 18:55

No worries, haven't forgotten that I need to edit it Razz, just hadn't got around to actually change it yet (along with all those "to do list" duties of course Smile) One more day of work and I'll be off three day again... so I'll have enough time to go and do more rom hacking then ever. My best friend is in vacation off country for one week so I'll have more time then ever on my weekend. I just don't know what's the next feature I should work on next though! Any ideas?

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 21:53

From my side I think I did everything I had on ideas and as soon you're done with the to-do list there's a big hook :)and this project is happliy closed.
I hope XaserLE can insert the boss introduction thing, and maybe Euclid hacks the one or other thing into the rom (since he unfortunately needs to renounce on the secret due to the shovel for now).
Maybe the feather will be progressed so that you can implement this, too if you like this.

Edit: One thing I've forgotten is to make space link to ALTTP Link and improve the helmet. Maybe you also manage the ice-rod barriers to red palette tiles. Do you actually have zora's flippers? I never saw water in your game...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 22:47

Alright I'll add:

- Space Helmet improvement
- Ice rod barriers improvement
- Add water zones
- Euclid's other awesome hacks!!

...to my to-do-list Razz

Boss introductions are actually a must have thing! They are mandatory/primordial lol Smile

I don't mind giving up on the secret item if it means we can actually have upgradable items and keep both the shovel and flute at the same time.. it's a good trade Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 1:13

Updated my painting in game and also changed my goldstar graphics into a familiar monster Razz

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 StargateZ3v42000001_zps17c597f5

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 2:15

If that's the new gold star weapon then that is hilarious!

mon mon
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 8:10

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! What did you do to my precious Goldstar???!!!!

*lol, just kidding ^^ really fits in the overall look of your game and I guess you get it in the mansion Wink
You know that you need to edit the 8-bit menu tiles at two different places:
(1) in the normal menu, where it is placed and (2) at 11/1100
The menu letters are editable beginning at 11/12c5: a9 66 2c, the 66 is the G. Letter code ends with  11/12cef: a9 71 2c, the 71 is the "R"). The letter code is the same as it is used e.g. in Roc's feather.

One thing I noticed: in your current rom the ability to freeze deep water tiles with the icerod is off. You can simply enable it by making at
07/7bc2: 03 -> 08
Your icerod will then freeze both the new tiles and deep water.

Last edited by Conn on Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 9:07; edited 4 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 8:30

Very creative. Also, if anyone is afraid for the Goldstar gfx, don't be, since I am sure it will be used in its original gfx in some future Z3 hack.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 15:54

Haha, couldn't help but laugh at the new goldstar graphics, hilarious idea SePH. 

Nice to know that the ice rod can do both tiles and deep water now because it was getting difficult to choose.

Also yeah, don't worry conn I'm using the original graphics for it lol.
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 17:44

The icerod always was able to ice both tiles, Puzz disabled the feature for deep water for some reasons in his codes/roms.

As said, just enable deep water by
07/7bc2: 03 -> 08
Both tiles (deep water and the new one) however will leave the same tile when iced. I think this was the reason why deep water is off by default (making water and lava to ground may look strange). However, with waterblocks and deep water, it is a perfect combination to have both activated.

Puzz, maybe you should update some roms in the icerod patch or give this instruction to activate deep water?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 18:17

Question: Is it possible to create the magic blocks inside dungeons? I'm assuming block type 3 is all that matters right?
scawful
scawful

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 18:44

Not really. Indoors is incredibly precise and will Not freeze tiles the way we would all want or as the overword is doing it (x and y problem of the new iced tile). Plus, indoors has a bg2 (so you can walk under bridges) which makes it problematic. Not to mention the deep water canals indoors to be frozen (not possible to debug this in my oppinion).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 7 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 21:27

I checked the icerod code. Sorry Puzz, thought you had uploaded it, but it was me ^^''

So, I updated:
bush freezes now also new tiles
water blocks now freezes deep water
broken bridge now freezes also new tiles

In some variations it isn't possible to freeze deep water, this is the lava rod and ground rod since these will make the water tiles to ground (or lava). So in PU you could get water to ground, SePH but not ice tiles.

Check in your current rom these locations:
07/7bbb: 08  
07/7bc2: 03
08=deep water, 03=new tiles
One of these addresses thus should be 08 to freeze deep water and the other 03 to freeze the new tiles!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 39  Next