Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 22:00

Right now on my latest rom I have the opposite of those values! 03 at 07/7bbb and 08 at 07/7bc2 instead.. is it normal?

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Puzzledude Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 6:04

The opposite will give you the same result.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 6:38

yes, it is the same (important is only that you have one 08 and one 03). But what about using the water rock variant in PU instead the lava ground?
I find the blue rocks beautiful (very nice work, Puzz btw) and you can freeze those rocks to ice, and so you will freeze deep water to ice. Further you'd not need to change the palette to red.
With current version you'd make deep water to normal ground (what might be odd). Though I do not know how you included the code and how to change it.

Maybe Puzz can help how to change the new tile gfx to waterblock and ice tile and how to enable the gliding on ice again.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 5_wate10
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 17:49

Alright I'll switch to the water rock variant then!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image5_zps92b6728d

I've reworked on the Golden star graphics again... this time I've added the Four Sword Adventures Morning Star Knights graphics there instead.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 FSA_Mace_Knight_zps3f23ee5e

While the other graphics were working good somehow, the up and down positions didn't looked as good so I had to change them Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 18:28

Yes, you need a radiantly symmetric ball for down/up position, unfortunately.

You really have a somewhat impressive graphics talent! Looks great!
btw: the feather hack is now officially finished, too ^^

Great that you switch to the waterblocks :)I think this is the best variant. I hope Puzz can assist you how to change it and make the ground slippery (I really do not know how he made his variants...)
As already said, also check that
07/7bbb: 08  
07/7bc2: 03
so that both water and the blocks get freezed.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 0:03

Note: -The pausing sequences in the video are normal since I've used that hack by MoN I've post in the other thread which freezes frames!

I've re-added the ice tile and everything works almost flawlessly now!

I've found a little bug with the icerod... if you equip it and use your mastersword at the same time, you can make the icerod effect and even (with some determination) get though iced blocks! Razz

I haven't tested other swords.

Of course this is a minimal bug since you need to have the icerod equipped in order to make that effect with your sword.. so it's not an exploit.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 4:51

nice to see it work ^^

Try again whether you still can damage the blocks with sword Wink

Anybody who already has applied the icerod hack, please also apply this fix. I also fixed it in the single hacks (with all variants).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 18:37

Started brainstorming on the title screen credits I'll add Conn! Here's my first draft!

- I'll first change that "For mature audiences only" leftover from that conker idea into something like this:

SePH
Presents

- Then I'll edit the "The Legend of" and "LINK" into:

Parallel Universes:

A LINK
  LOST IN TIME

- Finally I'll draw the credits below in a bin file since it's quite crowded in there so I may not be able to use a normal alphabet... unless you are familiar with adding a vwf:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=16072.0 ... I know MoN also has a vwf.asm file in his z3 source so it could help aswell!

Project By SePH 2009-2014, Original game by Nintendo© 1991-20XX

Special Thanks to Euclid, Puzzledude, Conn, NEONswift, ghillie, MathOnNapkins,
Potentialing, wiiqwertyuiop, RedScorpion, XaserLE, Spane, Erockbrox and moegami!

Very Happy

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 19:52

Sounds good Smile
I only wonder if the game's title could be made into something better. What I like on "A Link to the past" is that it is double meaning. You're playing Link so it can mean you are sent to a past chapter (which is also in accordance to the overall canon understanding); it could however also be understood that you have a connection ("link") to the past. Maybe something like "Parallel Universes: A link to time and space" suits better.

I actually never heard of vwf... what I am capable of is placing the credits text either as sprite or bg layer on the title screen. Scrolling would also be possible, but there's the problem with the repeating intro when you don't press a button at all. There's a timer so I can scroll at different time positions but the timer isn't reset with every intro sequence, it just runs down from FF FF to 00 00. So here some advance asm would be necessary. If it is possible and you want to ease my life just give me some tiles and I'll add them without scrolling.

Edit:
I also noticed that there is still one pixel left from the old 1991,1992 Nintendo. It's maybe pedantic but this could disturb the credits. If you can get rid of it via zcompress please do so. If not I can try over asm. If you manage, please send me an updated rom along with the bin.
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 F200010

On further news I checked the boss introductions, the three I found have all one address I can hook. This makes the complete story a lot easier. I however assume that this address only works for bosses you warp to get access via those orange platforms. I need to check whether it is valid for the others as well as soon I know how to get access to them.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 19:00

Thanks for the suggestion! Here's what I came up with!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image19_zps567e6da0

About my name not being in there... when you boot the rom it'll now read:

Project by SePH
2009-2014

So no need to include me twice lol

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image18_zpsf6a39673

You can place those graphics at the bottom of the screen! Smile

Thanks!

Also I can't remove the pixel/tile in question since the game doesn't work right without it. If I recall right, the tile affected is the ©️ symbol. Maybe some kind of Nintendo way to disable people from removing the copyright! Maybe we can edit it's palette to be the same as the background, leave it there and draw your graphics patch to be over it's layer!

Just my two cents!

About the boss intro messages, I'll get around to do that next! I could probably add warps to all the boos rooms or the rooms that preceed those so that it's easier to debug Wink

Last edited by SePH on Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 14:00; edited 1 time in total

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 19:42

That's a cool title ^^

Don't mind about the pixel, it's just at 06/4859: b8 -> f0 to make it disappear.
The reason is that the game needs a place holder in oam. f0 will set the pixel out of screen.

I'll send you a patch with this fix along with the credits when they're finished Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:00

Awesome thanks! In the meantime, I've added two additional paintings to my rift areas Wink

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 StargateZ3v42870003_zps7a8c3b40Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 StargateZ3v42870000_zps3ec2d04e

These two come straight from Super Mario 64 (which is where my idea with paintings originated actually), just added em' in the hack for fun lol

They might serve a purpose later on Smile

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:03

Really funny ^^

phew... this task is difficult. The bg layers are full and I have no experience with sprite layers. The only possibility I see is to place the credits at bg3 (what is no problem since you only need 2 colors; but for this experiment I need that bin as 2 bpp. Are you able to supply such a bin?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:12

Thanks, I test it out. Where do you want to have it placed? When the triforce appear or when the sword and other bg come into screen?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:18

When the sword and other backgrounds appear it would sound good!

Just like the original alttp I think.

Edit:

Is Link in german really Link aswell as in english?

The litteral title screen google translation is: Ein Link jenseits von Zeit und Raum Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:33

Here's my current rift workspace:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 E4379rlr2_zps42544c20

One my my next goals is to add the horsehead nebula in the game lol Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 23:00

I think I have some good news... in theory it is possible. I was able to transfer the tiles to $f000 vram, the bg3 is on, so it should be displayed correctly when I have written the map to $c000 vram.
I need however get the cgram transfer to work and there's a bug with the vblank (screen has some flickering) I hope to get rid off.

The protagonist link is link just like zelda is zelda. We rather don't use Link as connection however.
But the game's title is the same in German.

Very ambitious :p nice ^^

So my projects are the credits, the bugfix, the boss introduction and 9999 max rupees in case it works bug-free?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 23:25

Sounds like a good plan! 9999 max rupees would be awesome yes!

Here's how my rift overworld area currently looks like in game:

It's missing some more details though but I'll get it done!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 2:36

Here are some of my opinions.

I think its awesome that I'm mentioned in the special thanks section on the title screen, but isn't that just a little too many people to thank on the title screen?

The way I see a hack is more like a game. Can anyone thank of a game where you give a special thanks to like 10 people on the title screen? Maybe just save the thanks for the ending credits. Just trying to give some constructive criticism. Not trying to mean in any way. Smile

Also I really like the theme you have going on with these different worlds. You have like the main world and then you get to pick your new world from that world via paintings. Pretty cool idea as no other Zelda 3 hack has done this. But..... those Super Mario 64 paintings just look out of place with the other paintings.

Keep up the good work though, I bet when you release it hundreds of people will play it and be like WOW!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 6:47

In game the credits don't look too bad, though it is really somewhat crowded. If more names are to come up, you should place them into the credits section at the very end of the game.

So here's the screenshot of the hacked rom, looks fine Smile
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Pucred10

I sent you this hack along with the 4 digit rupee via mail.

Btw: if you renounce on the wishing well set in your srm start modifier:
Code:
LDA #$0707       ; the first 07 is the maximum carrying capacity of arrows (70) the second 07 of bombs (50)
STA $700370,x  
I think 70 arrows and 50 bombs are way enough... so I won't make a hack to increase this.

Now I only need the videos how to access the bosses and the triforce chamber bug
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 8:37

@ Erock: It's really hard for me to remove any of those names there as they all played a key role in making this hack the way it is, I almost think that PU has become a Zeldix community hack sometimes as I've receive so much help and ideas from all of you! :PBut I understand where you're coming at!! It does feel crowded. I'll wait until I'm done inserting my whole titlescreen then decide where to go on with this! I can always edit the titlescreen graphics in the rom later.

Those Mario 64 paintings looks as out of place as those found in Ocarina of Time Wink

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image444_zps71fece3aConker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image533_zpse78bb87d

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image223_zps41594a43

I could probably make them harder to find so they are more like in OOT, an easter egg Razz

@ Conn: Awesome! That's just perfect like that! I'll go check it out right away!

I'm currently tweaking my logo to be a bit smaller so that it feels less crowded. I'll then insert it all and when I'm done I'll post a video.

Edit: I'll probably use the wishing well but it's going to be hidden within a dungeon instead Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 9:14

When you start a game, it still somehow feels natural, so having this big credit list isn't a big deal. You should however not let more people join your project Wink

As for the rupee patch you should try whether some sensible places are affected, buying somehting, collecting rupees to limit, but also collect bombs/arrows and use them. I tested and it looks good, but as you seen in previous debugging, there's never a guarantee. But I can ever make a fix patch, so no prob ^^

As for the video it's enough if you make a savestate at the greenish main area (where also the ponds with water rocks are, walk to every boss and return to the area via savestate. That's simple and quickly done I assume.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 10:38

I've sent you an email with all the bosses that need to be changed, their video paths, the monologue location you can use for them, the latest rom and more Smile

I haven't had the time to properly test your patches properly yet as I was doing those bosses path videos but I'll get around to do it sometime in the day I guess!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 14:29

Unfortunately, I did not receive it... it is neither in my spam nor in my inbox. Can you check if you sent it to the correct address? If yes you may pm me with a link to a dropbox file that you can remove afterwards.

As for the images I had one idea; I like the ending pic of ALTTP:
http://www.viedegeek.fr/media/public/billets/2009/12-decembre/nalexa/master-sword.jpg
If it is possible to include it, it may be a good entrance to receive a sword upgrade Wink

The hacks should be bug-free so no worries (Puzz confirmed). I set a marker to the 24 items menu, but as far as I know you will have a menu marker, so no need to tinker further on the hacks I sent you Smile(luckily...)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 14:52

Sent you a pm with all the info! Sometimes, e-mails don't arrive instantly Razz

Edited the title screen credits to reflect other hacks. The rest of the credits will be in the readme and ending of the hack! We can see the background a bit more and it feels less crowded. Made the font of the title name smaller, just need to insert everything now (the credits graphics are already edited!).

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image9_zpse7f5f7dc

On topic of swords... the mastersword in the game will probably be a lightsaber, so I'll probably hide it in the sunken city of the gods!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 8 Image12_zps609ce157

I'm in the process of replacing an whole world tileset... replacing the clouds area by an underwater world! Similar to Bioshock games otherwise!

Dungeons affected by this change include the "Trial of the gods/sky temple" where I'll have to replace it into some kind of water dungeon with clouds! And the Parallel Tower ruins which will need more water areas! And since I don't have any forests in the game, I'll make a coral reef "forest" lol

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next