Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by XaserLE Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 7:43

Do you mean replacing the flippers with the pearl (in alttp)? Or did i misunderstood you? Cause this should be possible.

XaserLE

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Image111

Since : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Conn Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 7:56

You misunderstood (edited above message).
I created a patch that makes it require the flippers in city of gods area, otherwise you're bunny link.
Space area still requires the moonpearl of course to not get bunny link.

depleting hearts can be coupled in both bunny link cases to $02E0
Conn
Conn

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:08

You mean like the scrolling background behind the pyramid in the original game Xaser? I don't know if it's possible to add a third layer since my world already use two layers but it could be interesting to make it work like that! I remember you tried making your layers hack work into PU but it didn't worked well. Conn be able to know if your patch conflicts with other things (like the two layers on overworlds hack). In case you're interested Conn, read here: http://zeldix.forumotion.com/t44-requesting-overlays-help

I've applied your patch Conn and think it's a great idea! I'll make the scales give you both the ability to swim and breath underwater Wink

The best part about your five links hack is that we get have another five different bunny sets bringing the total possible of characters playable in the game to ten characters Very Happy

- AST girl currently is a white bunny!
- AST boy is the same sprite as zelda3 (needs changing)
- Space Link is a cameo of Link from Zelda 1
- Minish Link is also using the cameo sprite from zelda1 (needs changing)
- Underwater will be Link holding his breath!

You get the idea. In places where you don't use either the scale or space suit, I'll add those yellow hunter that transform you into a bunny to get changed into plenty of things Razz

I may have a small problem with the fat fairy pond patch. I used the same entrance properties as the original game to create my room but when I enter the lightworld fairy appears. I'm pretty sure there's a flag which tells the game that if you're in the dark world, it loads a different set of graphics and dialogue!

Would it be possible to turn the flag that tells you that you're in the dark world upon entering and going back into the light world uppon exiting? I'm sure this would solve the problem.

Last edited by SePH on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:14; edited 1 time in total

Founder

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:14

Yes i meant that Smile .
Regarding the overlay-code: I think it conflicts heavily with NEONSwifts Layer-Patch you are using.

XaserLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:16

Sadly I don't have his asm source regarding that hack but it could probably solve some trial and errors.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:24

If you are still interested in getting the overlay's work i could try to make it happen. But first i have to finish my work on the TotT and PoC Menus.

XaserLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:42

Sounds good yeah! Finish your ongoing work first, then well talk Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by XaserLE Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 12:49

All right!Very Happy 

XaserLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 14:08

I may have a small problem with the fat fairy pond patch. I used the same entrance properties as the original game to create my room but when I enter the lightworld fairy appears. I'm pretty sure there's a flag which tells the game that if you're in the dark world, it loads a different set of graphics and dialogue!
It surely is. But: does it only affects the tiles or also the items, I mean is it still the fairy that gives you l4sword, silverarrows, magic upgrade(does it work)? or that one which gives you magicboomerang/l2 shield?

Doesn't this problem also occur with the other darkworld sprites?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 14:11

I tried giving her the magic pouch after I got the 1/2 magic upgrade and she just gave me back my item so I'm assuming the sprite acts as her light world counterpart is in the light world and act/appear as fat fairy in dark world.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 14:15

mmh, give her L3 sword or L1 boomerang so we know for sure which fairy that is.
I'm almost sure there's another mistake than the darkworld flag. Could you recheck the sprite is correct?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 14:18

I'll pm you my latest rom hold on!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 18:13

Started adding my underwater tilesets in the game!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Image23_zps991a9675

It'll tweak the palettes to blue tones directly in HM once everything is inserted Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 23:58

Here's my current insertion status in a video Wink

For some reason, my city of the gods temples fit better on the bottom of the ocean then high in the sky Razz

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 5:20

Maybe it's a sign to change it to the lost city of atlantis =D
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 12:58

Hey that's a good idea and fitting the atmosphere I want to give to those areas! Atlantis Razz

It will be even more amazing when I add the Parallel Tower ruins in the bottom of the ocean floor now Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 15:18

Speaking of the Parallel Tower ruins... here they are!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Image2_zps3a6b6240

In their full glory, ready to be inserted Smile

You may have noticed the texture is grainy. It's normal since I've chose to build all my underwater tilesets like that to give a better underwater atmosphere Smile

If I am someday able to get additional layers to work alongside the 2 layers on overworlds, it would be amazing to add a water wave effect on the screen... similar to those hdma effects by MoN on an old thread of Dark Prophecy on another forum! Of course this is probably dreaming at this point, but it's worth pointing out!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 15:59

For the underwater levels you should have some kind of ASM hack which makes the screen "wave" like you are really under water.

Lots of Super Mario World hacks do this.

Also make small bubbles come from links mouth!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 16:53

Holy crap this looks cool, this conversion into an underwater area is pretty awesome. And the name as atlantis is awesome, I always found it a bit peculiar to have two areas with the word gods in them and I think this is much more suited.

Just try not to make it a ridiculous water temple Laughing 
scawful
scawful

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 16:57

Pretty much my idea Erock ;)but I don't know if it's possible in zelda 3! It would surely be amazing! The bubbles out of Links mouth (like in sonic games) is amazing too!!

Here's my current Parallel Tower ruins insertion progression:

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 Image31_zpsa08795d1

This huge tower take a whooping five tilesets to get like appear like that! Definately one of the biggest objects in the game if not the biggest (in terms of custom tiles used). The heaven's gate is also close to it in second position using four tilesets lol

After that tower with be inserted my next goal is to start working on my two other universes I'll include in the hack.... heaven and hell! They'll actually be two to three screens each and be used for the two agahnim boss fights ;)Now you know where the gates of heaven and hell will take you! I'll hide those gates somewhere on the overworld and they will transport you directly to the other universes Smile

Thanks Moegami! I'll try to make it a cool water dungeon! Not as harsh as the one in OoT lol but it would be amazing to have iron boots during that occasion!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 21:41

Here's a tryout at Conn's latest attempt... fixing my Triforce room!

I an at least access it now! Sadly once you get the triforce in your hands the game gives you a black screen but the music continues playing... I've you you my latest rom Euclid if you can manage to turn off the additional layer for that room and repair the ending Razz Every game needs an ending lol

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 21:55

In other news here's my current insertion of the Parallel Tower ruins in the game Wink

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 10 545_zps0a8d3cf1

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 22:18

Dang! I can't wait to see what the whole area will look like eventually, seriously awesome job. It's neat seeing the parallel towers like that finally destroyed Exclamation 

Does this mean it will be shorter? 😂 

In all seriousness I like it alot, I remember your post a long time ago talking about the parallel tower ruins and its like a trip back to when I first got into zelda3 hacking because of your blog for parallel sequel hehe
scawful
scawful

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 22:42

SePH, the stuff needs to be inserted step by step, 2 further:
01/5e06: ff ff -> 00 10 coupled
01/5e66: ff -> 1b (is this the correct screen or must 40 added or substracted?) will make the screens appear. Not all but some.

Can look for the rest tomorrow.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 1:14

Thanks moegami! I'm sure a lot of people will remember the tower appearrance the first time they saw it Wink

The Parallel Tower will have been visited above the clouds, in a magma world and now an underwater world... three towers in three distinct and different universes! The tower itself will be about twelve rooms, so less then those two times you visit it in Parallel Worlds but all new puzzles in familiar rooms Smile

btw I have finished inserting the tower graphics!! I'll now need to pimp the area itself and then add my two other big objects... those gates!

I've applied the ips patch you sent me Conn and I know what you mean! It's progressing great though, hopefully my ending will be repaired and I'll be able to eventually finish my project Smile

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next