Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 18:32

What I could do since it seems hard is create slides for the credits aswell! First, our hacking team and then squeezing Nintendo credits after that in other slides.. then jump to the ending screen (which could be a slide aswell). I don't think I'll create 16 screens endings as I don't have that much inspiration lol

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 18:34

oh and forgot, just make it load the ending theme song through all the screens (unless that's already hapenning by itself!)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 18:45

I think I'll try first to get back to the native ending credit routine. I managed it in AST, so there's a good chance to manage it here as well.
So 16 pics, displaying different ending conditions, the credit scroll and a final pic thereafter instead simply "The end" after the edit scroll.

I also like the idea of not too many ending screens since I need to copy/paste them per hand and create a different asm for each Wink
16 are ok though.
Of course the bank 3 music will play as well.

You can send me an updated rom with the super bomb (I always like to check the asm) with some screens so I can test as soon you have it.

Btw: max for ankh/philosopher stone is 999 rupees (there's no place for a fourth digit).
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 18:15

Just wanted to try converting your pic into snes, but I use a 64 bit windows and the program only accepts 32 bit
http://www.zophar.net/download_file/3480

can you try gif2sopt (the other pcx2sopt is only for 16 colors pcx) on your computer and if it does convert them into the 3 output files (.map, .col, .set)? If it does, just convert all your 16 images and send me the files and the order and conditions you want them arranged, I'll do the rest Wink

The ending has 3 themes: triforce chamber, screens showing, credits.
I suggest for the ending:
image cascade: music 2
credits: music 3 (native)
final screen: music 1 (skipped triforce chamber music)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 18:39

Houston we got a problem! I'm on 64bit windows aswell!!

Means we might need someone else here to do the convertion Smile
I remember seing .map, .col and .set types of files in the intro sequence thread by RedScorpion so maybe he could help Smile

Last edited by SePH on Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 14:30; edited 1 time in total

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 19:13

You know, I wish everyone would post such a picture, to see what kind of the machines we are using.

I also have a 64-bit. I think you can also temporarily set it to 32 (but I'm not sure, nor is it recomended, since it can mess up your screen?).

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Aaa

PS
name of your pc: Morpheus, (this is just one cool choice)
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 19:23

lol thanks, I think I watched that Matrix trilogy just about too many times Very Happy

I have no idea about 32bit application and that 64bit build of windows.. had the same problem with other applications such as snestool.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 19:28

urgh, that is the only program capable to transform gifs I know...
I'll send a mail to red whether he can help us out Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by RedScorpion Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 20:25

For old tools i used windows xp mode. It is a virtuall maschine with windows xp.

http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

hope that will help.

thanks

red
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 21:38

That could help yeah, I'll try it out during my weekend! Thanks Red Wink

And Conn, here's an overview of the different endings! Four endings of four screens each + the "The end" screen (which you should recognize Razz)

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Imag331_zps8bb6a1bc

I'll do the text caption later!

Can you guys guess in the meantime what will happen in them? Smile

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 21:54

Amazing pics! Wow!!!

Somewhere in the game you should hide how to access all 4 endings (requirements) - maybe by sprinking powder on the green electric slime guys :p
What are the requirements btw? All pendants, crystals, ankh...?

I tried it out but when I run xp mode it says "not-executeable"... maybe here's anybody for whom it works?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 22:41

I wanted you guys to guess, but alright I'll give some more info about them lol

I could hide a clue about the different endings in game but I think it's best to leave people to find it on their own or on youtube themselves Razz

First ending:
-------------
-Good ending #1
-Reach the Sacred Realm altar with all three triforce pieces (I'll make them optional in this game and well hidden!)
-Need to have the philosopher's stone in your possession aswell!
-The Parallel Universes are no more as all of them are merged together co-existing in one big universe!

Second ending:
--------------
-Bad ending #1
-You haven't collected all the triforce pieces.
-An advanced civilization eventually comes accross the rift and with it gain access to all the universes bringing total chaos.
-Hundreds of years layer, the whole world lay in ruins as another hero of Time rises up to save the day Razz

Third ending:
-------------
-Bad ending #2
-Reach the Sacred Realm altar with all three triforce pieces.
-But.. Don't buy the philosopher's stone!!
-Become possessed by the triforce since it has been corrupted by an evil force.
-As a result, you summon a huge meteor and begin your reign of terror on this new hyrule world!

Fourth and last ending:
-----------------------
-Good ending #2
-You need to have a complete inventory including every upgrade we implemented.
-Reach the sacred realm and the ending will load.
-The triforce goddesses descent upon Hyrule and cleanse it all from evil.
-As a result, a new cycle of life begins as the modern worlds are no more Smile (back to stone age lol)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 0:47

That's funny that you named an item the philosopher's stone. People years back thought that it was actually real and chemists or I shall say alchemists were trying to seek it.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Image214

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 2:23

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone
This fits to the witch Wink

To summarize:
1: 3 triforce+stone
2: no triforce, no stone
3. 3 triforce, no stone
4: no triforce, no stone but complete inventory

mmh, sounds good except #4; with complete inventory you should also have everything else... I'd rather make no triforce, have stone out of it.

But somewhere I'd hide a clue in the game Wink sprinkling the slime and talk to them is very well hidden...

How is it in your game? The crystals are triforce pieces, the pendants are rings? So you don't have to get through all dungeons to reach Ganon?

As for the music I thought about following:
theme 1 (chamber) playing through these 4 screens
theme 2 (displaying happy hyrule) is now playing over credits
theme 3 (credit theme) will play during the final screen
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 16:12

Somebody requested this ^

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Compspecs_zps2bb5eff1
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Image214

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 17:34

meh I had no idea the Philosophers Stone was actually something that existed outside of Harry Potter! Suddenly makes more sense and fitting to the witch yeah!!

"The crystals are triforce pieces, the pendants are rings?"

-Actually it's the opposite, you get three triforce pieces(pendants) and seven rings (crystals). If I remember correctly Euclid told me he had inserted them wrong in the inventory. Could have been fixed since then but I haven't tested it. You could check it out if you'd like :)

You start the adventure in part two. Seven bosses will drop rings while three other bosses will now drop items (that I haven't decided yet) instead of triforce pieces. I'll hide the three parts of the triforce around the different universes so they are totally missable. You'll need to get seven rings to unlock the Parallel Tower ruins (MoN already made a patch for this).

#4 doesn't have to be complete inventory, it can be anything you want Conn as long as it fits!
It was rather late in the day when I wrote those descriptions :P

I have no objection with those music themes aswell!

I'll probably only mention it somewhere in the readme that the game has multiple endings but won't tell how to achieve them! People will eventually know all the endings and requirements by themselves, it gives the hack a higher replay value ;)

If people don't find out by themselves, they'll probably run accross Tompala speedrunning videos and see all the endings as he  might be the first one to get all the endings! (If he rode this thread of course :))

@Erock: wow is everybody here on a 64bit os lol

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 17:44

I like the idea of the triforce pieces being optional! It adds more of a challenge to go looking for them!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 EPgGyRB

Also, yep.
scawful
scawful

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:18

-Actually it's the opposite, you get three triforce pieces(pendants) and seven rings (crystals). If I remember correctly Euclid told me he had inserted them wrong in the inventory. Could have been fixed since then but I haven't tested it. You could check it out if you'd like Smile
Ah... when I cheated for crystals I got triforce and for pendants I got rings in the menu... but I know that you need 3 triforce for the harp. It confused me but as bug it makes sense now.
If Euclid is going to fix this, I think you come into R-menu with L-button and with L-button into R-menu. Should be way round if I am right.

Ok then, list for ending - I go for #4: no triforce, have stone then, so everything is dependent on stone/triforce, music themes also fine.

Ah you got me wrong! Don't worry, I'm not requesting a detailed info.
What I mean is a very vague tipp like: "the fate of this universe depends on a golden might and a stone. Tra lala." People may guess: bullshit... or wisdom?! Smile
It'd be awesome if you could add this or a similar tipp as dialogue somewhere - and I think sprinkled slime dialogues are best ;)they now tell something mad like "tra lala find sahasralah and so" - in AST their role is made better, they tell "Link is asleep" (giving us the tipp why it is the mascots fighting since Link is in "Link's awakening").
I think this vague tipp, quite well hidden would fit perfect for PU to give a very small secret hint how you can alter the future (endings).

Guyz, thanks for all the info of your comps ^^'' I already found the solution with dosbox (and sent you a consideration rom, SePH). So no need for a 32 bit windows anymore.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:37

About the menu going to left and right like the way you describe, I think it's like that in OoT! But does it really mather that much? Razz

Alright I'll add some vague info like that! Didn't got you right Wink

WoW, I really like the way the screen appears and fades away!

...and that you can either wait for it to scroll to the next slide or press a button to skip Wink

I'll try to have those screens during my coming weekend, just wow!!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:48

Great ;)so our master plan for the ending is all set ^^

Ah, sorry my fault. Somehow I thought the ability screen was on R but it is all correct... brain fart as Euclid describes such moments so nicely.

Cool :p you really have amazing pics that it is just a wow to see them! It's only a bit a pitty that most people won't see them all (but with the small tipp there's a better chance that they're going to find out; if they find it, they may want to test... so what happens without stone...? That's cool and gives fun ^^)

You can either use button or wait. But since it is only 4 slides I'd prefer a wait time only and disable button press. People can skip it in 1 second with button press and that's not the sense. Further it would choke the music I think.

In the meanwhile until you got the pics finished, I already try to find out a place to hook into the game routine again until; that's the most difficult part.
Edit: will also send a menu fix to rings x max07crystals - triforce x max03pendants. Now it is triforce x max07crystals - rings x max03pendants (means just a tile switch of rings/triforce necessary). Will do that tomorrow or monday (late here).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 19:51

SePH, I am so far that I disabled button press and made a waitloop that I can time exactly. How many seconds do you wish to have each screen appear.

I have no clue... If you don't know either, take a stopwatch, look at the pic with most text and count the seconds you need to read it and add 3 seconds to let the image impress yourself (imagine first time users).

I will tomorrow try to find the pointers for music bank loads and then the hook back.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 14 Oct 2013 - 15:07

I'll think about it, I still haven't had time to create any of them yet as I did overtime at the job yesterday and today >_> but will try to answer you about it like tommorow!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 14 Oct 2013 - 15:43

^^ Lightsabers as seen in game right now! I haven't done the gfx as they'll appear in the menu and haven't changed the first sword yet.

I noticed the first and fourth swords are not using the good dialogue message so it might have to be changed into one of the those freespace locations Conn!

But then again I won't be using the blacksmith, so I guess only the fourth sword message needs a new monologue location (right now its using the same monologue as the blue boomerang!)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 14 Oct 2013 - 16:00

I'm sure I easily can fix this. Just send me a fresh rom with my latest menu hack applied I sent by mail.

I have something good at you. I was trying the complete day to get back to the credits... AWFUL FUCK!!!!!!!
(sorry! But the truth needs to come out)

So far I at least got the credits appear. Now I need to somehow get the bg2 layer appear correctly.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 12 Rom50010
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 14 Oct 2013 - 16:52

Oh noes?! What is this? A cursed word here on Zeldix?!? :O lol

I have faith you'll get through it, if not there's always Euclid!

I'll send you my latest rom so you can check it out !!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum